Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

School!

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
Howdy! Captain Cruel Owen Quarrel!

I'm very happy to inform you all that I'm doing very well in school, and when I got to thinking of schools, I was wondering just what type of stuff they teach in the Spiral when it comes to the Piratin' worlds. We already know many places in the Spiral have Wizardin' schools, but what about Pirates? Is there any academy similar to H.I.V.E in the Spiral? Are there any places besides Skull Island that see Piracy as an art? What kind of stuff do they teach in The Isle Of Dogs? In Subata? What is the education look? Those kinda questions.

I need answers, me fellow Marauders!

Hope you all have a fantastic week!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Big Boss

P.S.: Feel free to share any tips for school or how you are doing, if you would like. Just keep working hard, I know you can do it! Good luck this year!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Cruel Owen Quarrel on Sep 25, 2015 wrote:

I'm very happy to inform you all that I'm doing very well in school, and when I got to thinking of schools, I was wondering just what type of stuff they teach in the Spiral when it comes to the Piratin' worlds. We already know many places in the Spiral have Wizardin' schools, but what about Pirates? Is there any academy similar to H.I.V.E in the Spiral? Are there any places besides Skull Island that see Piracy as an art? What kind of stuff do they teach in The Isle Of Dogs? In Subata? What is the education look? Those kinda questions.

P.S.: Feel free to share any tips for school or how you are doing, if you would like. Just keep working hard, I know you can do it! Good luck this year!
We do have instructors in the fine points of our chosen class. I believe that previous to our capture ( and after our parent's tragic loss ) we received a normal education in the areas we chose for our characters.
Certainly reading and writing was part of that education, mathematics or else we would not be able to navigate or plot a course.
What of Witchdoctors? Surely they must learn the correct ways to make potions as well as rituals to call spirits?
The education of a Privateer must be especially grueling - officers can't be ignorant louts!

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
Nice to have you back, Owen. I was starting to wonder where you went
I did glimpse a sort of school with a bunch of sheep kids in MooShu somewhere a while ago... If only we could join. I would love to sip tea and do yoga with lambs.
Dashing Duncan Quinn, Bigger Boss

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Cruel Owen Quarrel on Sep 25, 2015 wrote:

Here's a tip a learned the hard way:

I never struggled with the academic part of school, but rather the social aspect. I've pretty much always been the 'nerd' with zero social skills. I really didn't mind it, and now it's starting to change and I'm really popular all the sudden. The tip I learned is to find a group of friends, or at least one friend who you trust and are comfortable with. It really helps in the slumps of life.

~ Fearless Finnigan