Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Lord Mixcoatl... what do you think?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Pirates, we all know Lord Mixcoatl is the only secret boss in Pirate101 right now, but I did think that if he's a secret boss, I thought to myself, "Why is there only one secret boss in Pirate101? Isn't there more like him? I fought him, but there's no badge for it. He didn't speak? I thought he would say something after finding him. Doesn't he drop some unique loot? Isn't there any boss cheats that could make that battle challenging?", & after thorough searching, I believe that boss may need some drastic improvements.

My thoughts would be that Lord Mixcoatl should have his own custom unique loot drops, speech dialogue for before & after combat, & a unique badge added with unique rewards like the other badges do added.

Last time, we were on that long hunt for finding the secret boss in P101, & I know we have Ratbeard to thank for it, & after figuring out that the boss was Lord Mixcoalt all along, I kind of had a good time in that hunt. Still, I would like to fight more challenging secret bosses like him, even by solo & team-friendly, like W101 does, even through using Skeleton Keys.

Pirates, what do you think? How could Lord Mixcoatl be improved? What are your thoughts about this? Just say your thoughts here.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
How and when do you find him? What Pirate level do you find him at? I started over on one Pirate and haven't seen much difference yet.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I've never heard of Lord Mixcoatl, is he a hard boss? I will say yes, a secret boss should have unique drops, after all it is a secret!

Petty Officer
Jun 22, 2014
Ummmm..... 2 questions
1. Who the heck is Lord Mixcoatl?
2. Where can you find him?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Pirate Master on Jul 24, 2015 wrote:
Ummmm..... 2 questions
1. Who the heck is Lord Mixcoatl?
2. Where can you find him?
1. He is currently Pirate101's one available secret boss & an Aztecosaur Blood Lord, slightly different from others. Wish his look could be more different, though.
2. I believe you can find him in the Temple of Toloc's second floor by pushing the three Aztecosaur statues scattered across the floor to unlock a hidden door leading to the Blood Lord's Chamber. There, you'll find him.

Does this help?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Jul 24, 2015 wrote:
I've never heard of Lord Mixcoatl, is he a hard boss? I will say yes, a secret boss should have unique drops, after all it is a secret!
Challenging to Pirates at about level 30. The one thing that could make that boss a bit more difficult is that he would have boss cheats added.

Not only that, but I think he's between level 30 & 31, & I think there's hardly any unique loot that's appropriate for his level. I think he should have his own custom unique loot that's appropriate for his level added to his loot table.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
The Helpful Pirate on Jul 24, 2015 wrote:
How and when do you find him? What Pirate level do you find him at? I started over on one Pirate and haven't seen much difference yet.
To get to Lord Mixcoatl, you have to go to the Temple of Toloc in the Mysterious Tunnels located in the Scurvy Dogs' Hideout, head to the second floor, activate the three Aztecosaur Statues scattered across the floor, & seek out a hidden door, about after you go up the stairs to the left in that floor there, that leads to the Blood Lord's Chamber. There, you'll discover Lord Mixcoatl & fight him.

Lord Mixcoatl is between level 30 & 31 I think, though, I think the minimum pirate level suited best would be level 30.

This helps you?

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
So, you said the boss was Lord Mixcoatl all along... Does that mean someone's found the weapon Ratbeard mentioned in that old thread? Or have we just not seen any other bosses so we're guessing he is the one that drops a unique weapon?

Wait a minute...

So Ratbeard confirmed that this unique weapon that dropped from a secret boss was the Primitive Greatsword. BUT, we know that that isn't even dropped by a secret boss, it's dropped by a boss that's from Mormo's first promotion quest.

? Ratbeard ?

wwwhat...

Oh, about what improvements he could get--

He could get a special apperance; he just looks like any old Blood Lord. Maybe he could get a top hat, some giant claws, or the horn on the front of his face could be bigger, like, gigantic. He's one of a kind, and his appearance should show it.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
AndrewDeathblade11... on Jul 25, 2015 wrote:
So, you said the boss was Lord Mixcoatl all along... Does that mean someone's found the weapon Ratbeard mentioned in that old thread? Or have we just not seen any other bosses so we're guessing he is the one that drops a unique weapon?

Wait a minute...

So Ratbeard confirmed that this unique weapon that dropped from a secret boss was the Primitive Greatsword. BUT, we know that that isn't even dropped by a secret boss, it's dropped by a boss that's from Mormo's first promotion quest.

? Ratbeard ?

wwwhat...

Oh, about what improvements he could get--

He could get a special apperance; he just looks like any old Blood Lord. Maybe he could get a top hat, some giant claws, or the horn on the front of his face could be bigger, like, gigantic. He's one of a kind, and his appearance should show it.
Sounds like we may have gotten a bit of confusion about who drops the Primitive Greatsword & our secret boss & unique boss loot hunt.

You were completely right that the weapon isn't dropped by a secret boss at all. I believed I've been through every instance by far, & found that no secret boss did drop the Primitive Greatsword. Only that the weapon is dropped by a boss in Mormo's first promo quest. I farmed for that on my Swashbuckler pirate & got that & thought I had it after some tries, meaning that all Pirates can get that from that boss in his promo quest, no matter which class they chose. However, after defeating Lord Mixcoatl many times, I realized that he doesn't drop that weapon.

So... that would mean... Oh... Ah, heh, I guess, I have... egg on my face, as Egg Foo Yung quoted, & many of us did. How about that? At least Ratbeard informed us that we do have one secret boss in P101. Not highly disappointed that the exact boss doesn't drop the Primitive Greatsword, though. That search was kind of a blast, though, while it lasted.

Do not dwell in disappointment, though. Sometimes, on some days, the "X" on the map doesn't always mark the right spot that holds the real treasure we're seeking for, if you know what I mean. We all stumble on some minor missteps on occasions, yet, we can't get upset about that.

Ratbeard, we're sorry if we kind of got mislead on our search not long ago. We got so excited, we get a bit carried away. We thank ye on the search we placed ourselves, though. Hope we get to do this again soon, that is, if we catch wind of more new secret bosses & their custom loot drops in P101.