Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Leviathan's Call needs to be changed

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
Yes, Leviathan's Call needs to be changed. Because at this point it's basically a weaker, more restricted version of Valor's Fortress.
While VF (Valor's Fortress) can be put on any friendly ally, LC (Leviathan's Call) is for your pirate only.
VF blocks 50% of all incoming damage. LC is restricted to only melee and musketeer companions (Musketeer pirates are able to cut straight through LC with things like Hurricane Round)

I feel this is unfair to all Buccaneers out there because they basically just get a ripoff of VF as their primary defense. Now do not say things like "Buccaneers can get gear with VF on them" because that is not the problem. The problem is that one of the Buccaneer's trademark powers is basically just a VF with special restrictions. It's not unique for it's power anymore, it's unique for it's restrictions. It's not fair for the Buccaneer's trademark defense to be a watered down VF.

Please, KI, make it unique for it's uses again, not for it's restrictions.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ShadowStrikerV2 on Feb 22, 2015 wrote:
Yes, Leviathan's Call needs to be changed. Because at this point it's basically a weaker, more restricted version of Valor's Fortress.
While VF (Valor's Fortress) can be put on any friendly ally, LC (Leviathan's Call) is for your pirate only.
VF blocks 50% of all incoming damage. LC is restricted to only melee and musketeer companions (Musketeer pirates are able to cut straight through LC with things like Hurricane Round)

I feel this is unfair to all Buccaneers out there because they basically just get a ripoff of VF as their primary defense. Now do not say things like "Buccaneers can get gear with VF on them" because that is not the problem. The problem is that one of the Buccaneer's trademark powers is basically just a VF with special restrictions. It's not unique for it's power anymore, it's unique for it's restrictions. It's not fair for the Buccaneer's trademark defense to be a watered down VF.

You can stack the other defenses with Levi's Call. Buccaneers have three of theses types of defenses. With VF and a Relentless it would make a Buccaneer OP.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
we got levy call at level 40 something so maybe in the next update (65-70 or 75) we will get a better version that goes against all weapon powers. Also i like the damage protection on me, but i see what you mean. Personally i don't dislike this power i actually really like it.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
ShadowStrikerV2 on Feb 22, 2015 wrote:

its fine the way it is, bucks shields are weak against magic for a reason, to add balance to the game, VF is stronger because the privateer only has 3 attackers instead of 4 so its more important to keep them alive with stronger shields

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
anecorbie on Feb 23, 2015 wrote:
You can stack the other defenses with Levi's Call. Buccaneers have three of theses types of defenses. With VF and a Relentless it would make a Buccaneer OP.
Like I said, don't talk to me about no auction gear with VF for bucks. My buccaneer has 4 VF cards. 4! (My main pirate is Swashbuckler FYI)
But you see, I don't like that my main defensive power is a ripoff of VF. I'm serious, if they just made it more unique I'd be happy. Be something different from VF but not in the sense that it's just less powerful. LC is a good power. Don't get me wrong, but I don't like it being a watered down VF. I know I keep repeating myself but that's the point! It's not unique! It's a ripoff! And, compared to VF, it simply stinks...

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
zuto4011a on Feb 24, 2015 wrote:
its fine the way it is, bucks shields are weak against magic for a reason, to add balance to the game, VF is stronger because the privateer only has 3 attackers instead of 4 so its more important to keep them alive with stronger shields
I get what you mean, but that's not my point. It's not unique for its uses anymore, only its restrictions.

If they simply gave it a minor change, anything that made it unique for its uses again, I'd be happy. But for now LC is still simply a watered down VF. Nothing special about it except for it's restrictions, and it's not fun.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
ShadowStrikerV2 on Mar 4, 2015 wrote:
I get what you mean, but that's not my point. It's not unique for its uses anymore, only its restrictions.

If they simply gave it a minor change, anything that made it unique for its uses again, I'd be happy. But for now LC is still simply a watered down VF. Nothing special about it except for it's restrictions, and it's not fun.
LC is fine the way it is, there is no need for it to be changed, if that's changed then I demand a zeal buff back to 10 rounds since zeal isn't fun anymore

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ShadowStrikerV2 on Mar 4, 2015 wrote:
Like I said, don't talk to me about no auction gear with VF for bucks. My buccaneer has 4 VF cards. 4! (My main pirate is Swashbuckler FYI)
But you see, I don't like that my main defensive power is a ripoff of VF. I'm serious, if they just made it more unique I'd be happy. Be something different from VF but not in the sense that it's just less powerful. LC is a good power. Don't get me wrong, but I don't like it being a watered down VF. I know I keep repeating myself but that's the point! It's not unique! It's a ripoff! And, compared to VF, it simply stinks...
I'm not talking about no auction gear, you seemed to be asking for a VF version of LC for bucks; I maintain that this would unbalance the class. Stack your defenses and you'll be just fine. Buck also have a higher armor and health, so what if we give some more health to swashers and higher armor to witches. Don't you see that once you begin adjusting for what seems fair, the balance of the game and uniqueness of classes will be utterly lost? Classes have built in advantages/disadvantages for a reason!

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 5, 2015 wrote:
I'm not talking about no auction gear, you seemed to be asking for a VF version of LC for bucks; I maintain that this would unbalance the class. Stack your defenses and you'll be just fine. Buck also have a higher armor and health, so what if we give some more health to swashers and higher armor to witches. Don't you see that once you begin adjusting for what seems fair, the balance of the game and uniqueness of classes will be utterly lost? Classes have built in advantages/disadvantages for a reason!
Also @Zuto4011
I'm not asking for a VF version of LC, I'm asking for a unique use again. Like I keep saying, It's not unique for its use, it's unique for its restrictions, and that's never fun. If they just added something minor that could make it unique for a use then I'd be happy. As long as it's unique for its use and not for it's restriction. It's not only buccaneers I'm talking about. I have a swashbuckler with LC no auction gear and VF no auction gear. It's not fun that it's a no-brainer for which I'm going to use. I would like there to be an actual reason to use LC instead of VF.
I will say it again, I am not looking for a VF version of LC. That would completely ignore the very purpose that I think it should be changed, uniqueness. They'd be exactly the same and like you said, unbalanced. I just want something, anything, to make LC unique for its usage again. There should be a reason to use LC instead of VF, likewise there should be a reason to use VF instead of LC. One should be strong in one area while the other is strong in a different area. It provides balance and uniqueness to both.

Do you see what I mean?

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
zuto4011a on Mar 4, 2015 wrote:
LC is fine the way it is, there is no need for it to be changed, if that's changed then I demand a zeal buff back to 10 rounds since zeal isn't fun anymore
Zeal gives near double dodge and accuracy. With it active you have virtually no chance of missing or getting hit. (save musketeers)

And you're completely missing the point. I want it to be unique for its usage. Like I said in my last reply, I am not looking for a VF version of LC. It defeats the entire purpose of changing it!

I just want there to be a reason to use it instead of VF, just like there should be a reason to use VF instead of LC. But at this moment, it's a no-brainer which is better. VF is by far the better of the two, and it's only because LC is a watered down version of it.

If they just gave it a small buff, maybe a small extension to the time limit? or a 5%-7% boost to stats? I'm not saying those are specific things it should have, they're just ideas. Just realize why I'm saying this. It's not to make LC just like VF. It's to make LC unique for its uses. One should be better in one area while the other is better in a different area, to provide balance. But as of now, they're far from balanced, VF is completely and utterly superior to LC.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
zuto4011a on Mar 4, 2015 wrote:
Zuto I'm quoting you because I agree with you but my response is to Shadow Striker. My buffs were lessened because of people wining in pvp. Personally yes I would like my full power of zeal back that would be nice. Don't cry enough about the VF power for it to be changed too. Come on! I've seen very powerful buccaneers who do well enough without having to use a VF at all. VF is unique to the privateer class because it is our job to protect the party. Let me ask you this... how many unique attack powers are you given? Privateers are given those dropping bomb attacks that's it. Our job is almost completely defensive in that respect our power to do so should be better.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Mar 6, 2015 wrote:
Zuto I'm quoting you because I agree with you but my response is to Shadow Striker. My buffs were lessened because of people wining in pvp. Personally yes I would like my full power of zeal back that would be nice. Don't cry enough about the VF power for it to be changed too. Come on! I've seen very powerful buccaneers who do well enough without having to use a VF at all. VF is unique to the privateer class because it is our job to protect the party. Let me ask you this... how many unique attack powers are you given? Privateers are given those dropping bomb attacks that's it. Our job is almost completely defensive in that respect our power to do so should be better.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Ok first of all, I never said VF should be changed. I said LC should. And secondly, you're missing the point!
LC is, and I'm repeating myself, yet again, not unique for its uses. LC is only unique because of its restrictions.
And that is something that just doesn't sit right with me. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there should a reason to choose each one over the other.

For example, there's a reason to choose mojo blade over backstab, and there's a reason to choose backstab over mojo blade. Including the bleeding aspect, backstab does over all more damage than mojo blade, especially against those with low agility, however, mojo blade can can do more damage than backstab when the target has any of the buccaneer blocking damage powers activated, because mojo blade is unaffected by them, as well, it does more damage on those with less will.

You see? There is a reason to choose mojo blade over backstab in certain circumstances, while there is a reason to chose backstab over mojo blade in others. I challenge you to name one instance where it is better to use a LC than VF.

Look, I am not out to make LC just like VF. That would defeat the purpose of changing it. I want LC to still be uniquely different than VF, but not just because it's less powerful. I think there should be a balance between them in the sense that there would be instances where LC would be better to use than VF, like there are instances where VF is better to use than LC. Like I said, there is no instance where using a LC is better than using a VF.

Ensign
Nov 09, 2014
If you don't want it to be like Valor's Fort, then what do you want? Privateers have the best defenses for a good reason, they have very few attacks. All I hear from you is "it isn't fun" but you seem to mean "it isn't easy", I enjoy working with or around this disadvantage, I use LC often and no I don't have any VF gear.

Ensign
Jan 03, 2013
ShadowStrikerV2 on Mar 6, 2015 wrote:
Ok first of all, I never said VF should be changed. I said LC should. And secondly, you're missing the point!
LC is, and I'm repeating myself, yet again, not unique for its uses. LC is only unique because of its restrictions.
And that is something that just doesn't sit right with me. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there should a reason to choose each one over the other.

For example, there's a reason to choose mojo blade over backstab, and there's a reason to choose backstab over mojo blade. Including the bleeding aspect, backstab does over all more damage than mojo blade, especially against those with low agility, however, mojo blade can can do more damage than backstab when the target has any of the buccaneer blocking damage powers activated, because mojo blade is unaffected by them, as well, it does more damage on those with less will.

You see? There is a reason to choose mojo blade over backstab in certain circumstances, while there is a reason to chose backstab over mojo blade in others. I challenge you to name one instance where it is better to use a LC than VF.

Look, I am not out to make LC just like VF. That would defeat the purpose of changing it. I want LC to still be uniquely different than VF, but not just because it's less powerful. I think there should be a balance between them in the sense that there would be instances where LC would be better to use than VF, like there are instances where VF is better to use than LC. Like I said, there is no instance where using a LC is better than using a VF.
Well since i'm jumping in all i can say is, LC doesn't need to be changed it is given to bucaneers so it doesn't need to block all sources of damage. Unique for it's restrictions i have a friend who hates VL and loves LC because it special. It doesn't need to be changed it's fine the way it is. You don't need to make everything special

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
Well obviously I'm just an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. No one thinks the same why I do and you all just seem to think just because it's a buccaneer power it shouldn't have a balancing factor against VF. Honestly, there should be something that balances them out. And don't give me the "Buccaneers don't need it to be balanced" because that doesn't account for the other classes. Take the same exact person and give him a VF and LC. Which is he going to use? VF every time. Because there's absolutely no reason to use LC instead of VF. No matter what situation you're in VF is, and will always be, better.

This is my last post because I'm obviously insane for thinking that they should be balanced independently of which class they were made for.

Everyone who has a no auction LC helm and a no auction VF helm, go ahead and discard your LC, because it's nowhere near as good as VF and nobody thinks it should be.