Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Dogs in a fox fight?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 07, 2013
Hi all! I am doing Bonnie Anne's final promotion quest, and I just encountered Guy Fox for the first time. I haven't noticed this earlier, but in a fight with foxes, if there are 4 or more players, instead of a fox, there will be a dog! If there's a rift between the dogs and foxes, why is there a dog fighting alongside them?

Perilous Zoe Nightingale, 59

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
there is some dogs in the radicals. The group Guy is in. There actually quite common.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Athena Wisdom God on Feb 16, 2015 wrote:
Hi all! I am doing Bonnie Anne's final promotion quest, and I just encountered Guy Fox for the first time. I haven't noticed this earlier, but in a fight with foxes, if there are 4 or more players, instead of a fox, there will be a dog! If there's a rift between the dogs and foxes, why is there a dog fighting alongside them?

The rift is between the upper classes and lower classes in MB society, therefore there will be some lower class dogs fighting 'against the system' or maybe they're just trouble makers who enjoy fighting and it doesn't matter who they fight.

Lieutenant
May 06, 2011
Athena Wisdom God on Feb 16, 2015 wrote:

Not much of a conflict, but just think of the radical foxes in the sewers. There are dogs working with them most of the time when you fight radical foxes. I'm guessing since they're all villains, they work together. Hopefully this answers your question. Or on battle logic, it's just a random spawn - foxes may have a high chance of spawning in that battle and dogs have a very low chance and that dog you encountered was lucky.

Katherine, level 65
Insincere Iris, level 48

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
KatherineDragonBla... on Feb 17, 2015 wrote:
Not much of a conflict, but just think of the radical foxes in the sewers. There are dogs working with them most of the time when you fight radical foxes. I'm guessing since they're all villains, they work together. Hopefully this answers your question. Or on battle logic, it's just a random spawn - foxes may have a high chance of spawning in that battle and dogs have a very low chance and that dog you encountered was lucky.

Katherine, level 65
Insincere Iris, level 48
They are not "villains" per say, but rather misunderstood or misrepresented. If I'm correct, the Radicals are based off of the IRA. The IRA was formed to unite Ireland and to remove Britain from it. Though their intentions were good, they used extremist methods.

As seen throughout history and Pirate101, European powers (such as Britain/Marleybone and Spain/Monquista) have been very invasive. Seeing this, the motives of the Radicals are somewhat justifiable.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Ruthless Jack Jack... on Feb 17, 2015 wrote:
They are not "villains" per say, but rather misunderstood or misrepresented. If I'm correct, the Radicals are based off of the IRA. The IRA was formed to unite Ireland and to remove Britain from it. Though their intentions were good, they used extremist methods.

As seen throughout history and Pirate101, European powers (such as Britain/Marleybone and Spain/Monquista) have been very invasive. Seeing this, the motives of the Radicals are somewhat justifiable.
Actually, the Radicals are based off of the Radicals.
The Radicals was a Scottish movement that occurred in 1820. It only lasted about a week or so, but It had a rather large effect on the English Parliament. The movement was largely a week of strikes and general civil unrest. The main goal of the movement was to influence to government into improving the general quality of life and working environments in Scotland. This led to fears amongst the English gentry of possible revolution. As such, the local rich English landowners began raising their own private armies to combat the radical movement.

I have never really looked, but the leaders of the Radical movement were James Wilson, John Baird, and Andrew Hardie, has anyone seen these names on any of the foxes in Marleybone?