Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Misfortunity of Winter

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 16, 2011
'Sup, everyone, settle down, and have a cup of warm, tasty hot chocolate. That's what's mostly on my mind right now, in fact. Just got in from finishing shoveling the wave of snow that swept in every direction all around my neighborhood. A snowstorm swept across my area, depositing about 10 to 12 inches of snow. Let's all cross our fingers and toes, arms and legs, and anything you can cross without possibly detaching a vital body part, that the groundhog doesn't spot his shadow, eh? But besides that, here's to getting that new world(s) from KI, and having a fantastic year!

Cheers!

Petty Officer
Feb 27, 2009
I hope you don't live in my area, my weather station exaggerates EVERYTHING!!!

They said 2 days ago we were going to have a foot of snow, and were acting like it was going to tear the Spiral apart. Yesterday, they change it to 3-4 inches (which doesn't get even a delay where I live). Then it snowed that night and it was less than a quarter of an inch! You can tell I live in peaceful, non-natural disastrous state, they treat rain and snow like a category 5 tornado.

Quentin Davenport, lvl 65

Marcus Davenport, lvl 25

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
At least you didn't get seven feet! That's the big storm we got this year. I wonder if the groundhog enjoys being a meteorologist.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
Thunder Hawk on Feb 1, 2015 wrote:
'Sup, everyone, settle down, and have a cup of warm, tasty hot chocolate. That's what's mostly on my mind right now, in fact. Just got in from finishing shoveling the wave of snow that swept in every direction all around my neighborhood. A snowstorm swept across my area, depositing about 10 to 12 inches of snow. Let's all cross our fingers and toes, arms and legs, and anything you can cross without possibly detaching a vital body part, that the groundhog doesn't spot his shadow, eh? But besides that, here's to getting that new world(s) from KI, and having a fantastic year!

Cheers!
you guys are lucky -_- i get like no snow here

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I'm glad to have no snow, now if we could only stop those hurricanes a-blowin'.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Thunder Hawk on Feb 1, 2015 wrote:

Cheers!
Enjoy the snow while you have it. Really it's part of what makes Winter so great. I love snow storms, blizzards, freezing fog (that's a fun one) and all kinds of wintery weather. You should experience of the snow storms we get up here, like the double Nor'Easter that's hitting my home area this week. Now that's a storm.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
CdeWinter on Feb 4, 2015 wrote:
Enjoy the snow while you have it. Really it's part of what makes Winter so great. I love snow storms, blizzards, freezing fog (that's a fun one) and all kinds of wintery weather. You should experience of the snow storms we get up here, like the double Nor'Easter that's hitting my home area this week. Now that's a storm.
Wait...Double Nor'Easter?

I remember when you described one Nor'Easter .

Anyways,glad you guys are reveling in the snow.Wish I could say the same thing about where I live,but sadly,we have very little snow.What we do have,is mostly filthy,and more importantly,powdery,not solid enough to shape into anything.Not even a snowball.

I know things will go well with this snowstorm.In fact,January/February/March 2012 we had a reeeally intense one,with several meters of snow.In fact,our winter vacation was prolonged by an additional month because we couldn't get to school...and we made up for it during Summer,though,that's a story for another time.

Captain
May 16, 2011
CdeWinter on Feb 4, 2015 wrote:
I'd hate to live in your area, then. I'm not exactly keen to have even more snow right now.

Try not to get cut off from outside world too much!