Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

One year, seven months...

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I hated biology in HS and college. But I have discovered some biologists are pretty nifty people.

I have been amusing myself by running multiple pirates up in experience. On my original account, I have a maxed Pirate of every class. On my second account, I have a maxed Swashie, a lvl. 48 Privateer, two musketeers and a bucky at lvl 31 or 32, and a Occult Physician lagging behind at 22. This group has tended toward idiosyncratic play to make tihngs more challenging. For example, the lvl 47 privateer only uses primate crewmembers for fights - so no Bonnie Anne, el Toro, Ratbeard, etc. Similarly, the Occult Physician uses only vitally challenged crewmen.* Another privateer on this account has to keep all her crew available, so the weaker companions with only one or even no promotions are as likely to turn up for a fight as the A list crewmembers. It makes these pirates all a bit different to play.

But I too am looking forward to a new chapter (or two).

I will say that while new content for Pirate comes out significantly more slowly than it does for Wizard, the quality has been EXCELLENT.

-Indigo

*"witch doctor" and "undead" are such negative terms, don't you know?

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I had so much fun enjoying pirates. When i joined way back on March of 2013.Seen some changes along the way,from Rayan's Yum-A-Nade stand to the black market. That was a fun year that was. With all that great adventures and other fun things.

However a lot of players are asking this question " What happened to the main storyline ? " That was unusual as a pirate101 player, 2014 was the year that the main storyline just have stopped. I see some pirates are already, upset with all that waiting for a new storyline. Some even wrote some rants on the message board, regarding the unusually long wait for a new contents of the storyline.

I hope there will be an announcement soon, for the release of new worlds to the main storyline.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Monkrinx2024 on Jan 12, 2015 wrote:
I had so much fun enjoying pirates. When i joined way back on March of 2013.Seen some changes along the way,from Rayan's Yum-A-Nade stand to the black market. That was a fun year that was. With all that great adventures and other fun things.

However a lot of players are asking this question " What happened to the main storyline ? " That was unusual as a pirate101 player, 2014 was the year that the main storyline just have stopped. I see some pirates are already, upset with all that waiting for a new storyline. Some even wrote some rants on the message board, regarding the unusually long wait for a new contents of the storyline.

I hope there will be an announcement soon, for the release of new worlds to the main storyline.
I mostly get on now just to train my Bullrog and my Kloudnine up to max level, but I will still get on and play a couple hours every once in a while. As I said before, I am amassing my army, and I look forward to CRUSHING the Armada tin cans beneath my feet in new worlds.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 10, 2015 wrote:
Plunderin' and Scavengin' are nice for gold, but the REAL GOLD lies in pet trainin'-- yep you heard it correctly, pet trainin'.....YARR.

Even the occasional 30000 jackpot can't hold a candle to pretty much a guaranteed 10-20k each & every time you log in-- more with other maxed pirates, providing you set your pets up to do so. I get over 10k every morning & every evening, just from gear brought in from my 1 maxed pirate & my 5 other pirates that are all at or below level 13. Could even be more but I usually only get to log in twice a day-- a midday collect would bolster the gear & gold intake even that much more.

And.....here's the even greater part.....my fine lower level cohorts have amassed cargo hold of critter gear that, at present, will equate to nearly 3,000,000+ in gold. A fine haul for only about 10-15 minutes worth of "work" a day. And that's with Energy amounts no greater than 52 on my Musketeer-- all my other pirates are in the 40's.

Also, with chest farming I can go from 0 gold to max in only about 40 minutes. Boring but absolutely, without a doubt the most efficient & fastest way to max out on gold.

Brawlin' is not near as effective as having a small handful of companions working to bring in training tomes. It may take several days of collecting from Brawlin' to move a single companion up a level. In the meantime you can collect a few tomes in simply a day or 2. So, you can easily move companions up a level within one day, versus taking several days-- especially if you wait to use them until your pirate is a couple levels higher than your crew. Brawlin' at levels 50+ seems to be a decent way to go because it takes less collects to gain a level than at lower levels...perhaps because your Crew member doing the collectin' is quickly becoming a highly skilled warrior and mastering it's art.

I raised a couple pages of my son's maxed pirate's companions, ranging from level 13-25 (about 25 total), all the way to max in a couple weeks-- just from having 5 companions collecting training tomes and only checking in twice a day to collect from other tasks and pet training. I didn't send any on Brawlin' until they were at least level 50+. With being able to control our crew, it's more efficient to not even train crew members past the 1st page (or even the first couple rows), unless you like having your battle crew set to random or make multiple runs of the tower or arena a day. That way you will work towards maxing your pirate and by "leaving those companions behind" a bit, they will gain several levels per tome (even up to 10+ levels). At max level, having only 5 crew members bringing in tomes, will get those other "unused" crewmembers up to level 50-55+ in no time at all, in which you can then switch them to Brawlin' and focus tomes on building up the next few lower levels. I used Brawlin' at first for most of those lower levels, but the Tome way was much, much, much, much faster and more efficient-- with a higher pirate level.
Wait....explain how pet training gets you gold. I would love to know.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Max DeGroot on Jan 12, 2015 wrote:
Wait....explain how pet training gets you gold. I would love to know.
Ooh, so where to begin-- it's a SECRET...I didn't hear a please! No just kidding. Ok so this is my pet training, money making strategy that I use which, basically produces an ever steady, flowing river of gold.

Things you will need

• 5-10 pets on every pirate you have, no matter the pirates' levels-- you can start with 10 Level 1 pets on each to get up and rolling. 5 pets to get started, 10 on each once you get rolling with the method.
  • Island Sculls- either from the Skull Island event, Sculling, or bought from the Bazaar-- always a good supply.
  • ...and that's it to get you up and running.

Here's the process, from start to finish. This method is especially useful to players that love to morph a lot, since they are going to be trying for new pets, better pets and hybrids regularly anyway and thus get lots of so-called undesirable hatchlings or "failed" hybrid attempts. Yes, it does cost money to morph, but it costs money to make money, and if you are already morphing anyways, this method will help fund your efforts at first and then really rack up the gold as you get settled into it.

Take your hatchlings from morphing attempts and start training them in the Skull Island event of Sculling. This event gives your pirate the gear, Island Sculls. Once your pet hits level 10 you can use the Island Sculls to train in the Skull Island event, The Hornpipe which gives your pirate the pet gear Bars and also a chance at getting the gear, Bosun's Whistles which sell for 1,050 gold. Keep training your lvl 10+ pets in The Hornpipe and do not feed them any snacks after training. This will keep them at lower levels for longer and reduce the energy costs of training them. You can keep training them in The Hornpipe for a while, but I would recommend stopping by level 35-40, again to prevent higher energy amounts used. Or stop them at level 15 once they gain access to Monquistan training events and replace that pet with another level 10 to start in The Hornpipe again. The Bars you gain from The Hornpipe can then be used to train in the Monquistan event, Monkey Bars, which gives your pirate the pet gear, Racket-- which sell for 450 gold a piece and you get one for every Bar you used in training.

(Continued...)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 10, 2015 wrote:
Plunderin' and Scavengin' are nice for gold, but the REAL GOLD lies in pet trainin'-- yep you heard it correctly, pet trainin'.....YARR.

Even the occasional 30000 jackpot can't hold a candle to pretty much a guaranteed 10-20k each & every time you log in-- more with other maxed pirates, providing you set your pets up to do so. I get over 10k every morning & every evening, just from gear brought in from my 1 maxed pirate & my 5 other pirates that are all at or below level 13. Could even be more but I usually only get to log in twice a day-- a midday collect would bolster the gear & gold intake even that much more.

And.....here's the even greater part.....my fine lower level cohorts have amassed cargo hold of critter gear that, at present, will equate to nearly 3,000,000+ in gold. A fine haul for only about 10-15 minutes worth of "work" a day. And that's with Energy amounts no greater than 52 on my Musketeer-- all my other pirates are in the 40's.

Also, with chest farming I can go from 0 gold to max in only about 40 minutes. Boring but absolutely, without a doubt the most efficient & fastest way to max out on gold.

Brawlin' is not near as effective as having a small handful of companions working to bring in training tomes. It may take several days of collecting from Brawlin' to move a single companion up a level. In the meantime you can collect a few tomes in simply a day or 2. So, you can easily move companions up a level within one day, versus taking several days-- especially if you wait to use them until your pirate is a couple levels higher than your crew. Brawlin' at levels 50+ seems to be a decent way to go because it takes less collects to gain a level than at lower levels...perhaps because your Crew member doing the collectin' is quickly becoming a highly skilled warrior and mastering it's art.

I raised a couple pages of my son's maxed pirate's companions, ranging from level 13-25 (about 25 total), all the way to max in a couple weeks-- just from having 5 companions collecting training tomes and only checking in twice a day to collect from other tasks and pet training. I didn't send any on Brawlin' until they were at least level 50+. With being able to control our crew, it's more efficient to not even train crew members past the 1st page (or even the first couple rows), unless you like having your battle crew set to random or make multiple runs of the tower or arena a day. That way you will work towards maxing your pirate and by "leaving those companions behind" a bit, they will gain several levels per tome (even up to 10+ levels). At max level, having only 5 crew members bringing in tomes, will get those other "unused" crewmembers up to level 50-55+ in no time at all, in which you can then switch them to Brawlin' and focus tomes on building up the next few lower levels. I used Brawlin' at first for most of those lower levels, but the Tome way was much, much, much, much faster and more efficient-- with a higher pirate level.
(...cont'd)
  • The ideal method would be to take your hatchlings & set them training in Skull Island, Sculling.
  • At lvl 10, use the Island Sculls to train those pets in Skull Island, The Hornpipe. Continue training them from level 10-19 (or 10-15 if so desired) and acquire Bars and occasional Bosun's Whistles. Do not feed them to keep their levels lower longer.
  • At level 20 (or 15 if you desire) use the Bars to train in Monquistan event until level 30 (more if desired), Monkey Bars & acquire Rackets with every training session.
  • Once you get about 10 or so pets on each pirate doing this, just log in 2-3 times a day and collect. Keep cycling in new hatchlings to replace pets that hit the higher energy using levels, 30+.
  • You will create a constant turnover of gear that you don't have to pay for, that keeps producing gear to be used for the next training "phase".
  • Meanwhile the Bars will rack up & with 5-10 pets on 6 different pirates performing in The Hornpipe event, you will usually get back at least 10 Bosun's Whistles (many times more) across your pirates....every time you collect-- which could be 3 times a day.
Because the collect times are based on your pets' levels & not your companions' (like Plunderin' and Scavengin'), there is a super fast turn around & collect time. The only thing you need to do is wait for your pirates' energy to fill back up some. Since you are keeping your pet levels low, the energy costs will be lower, as well as the wait times. 42 energy on a level 5 pirate only takes between 4 and 5 hours to replenish fully. So, by collecting 1st thing in the morning, midday if able to and then again at night, you will have full energy each time you go to collect and can then hit the training again.

At present I have about 3-5, level 1-9 pets, doing Sculling on each pirate and around 5-10, level 10-35 pets working on The Hornpipe. My max pirate works on the fun morphing while my level 5-13 pirates keep pumping out the gear. Each morning and each night I collect around 10-15 Bosun's Whistles from The Hornpipe-- which equates to approximately 20,000-30,000 gold per day. They also bring in about a combined 72-100 Bars per day, from The Hornpipe. Once I get a decent amount of Bars on each pirate, I switch all of the level 15-25 pets to Monkey Bars and every Bar used gains Rackets to sell for 450 gold each. So, if I have only 5 pets on 6 pirates doing Monkey Bars, that's 60 Rackets brought in per day, to sell at 450 gold a piece....or 27,000 gold.

Currently 5 of my lower level pirates have around 900 Bars on each of them, which will soon turn into 4,500 Rackets, which will equate to 2,025,000 gold. This doesn't even include all of the Bosun's Whistles that were brought in and also doesn't include anything my maxed pirate's pets are bringing in. It's a constant cycle and flow of Island Sculls, Bars, Bosun's Whistles, Rackets and........gold! It takes me 7-10 minutes, 2x a day (3 if I'm around midday) to train all pets on all pirates. Not to shabby!

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
People are very antsy for new story content because the story is the best part of the game. About everyone will agree with that. When advanced pets came along, it gave everyone something to do for the next 3 months until many moved away from it or got bored. Story content only satisfies high level pirates and only for about a month or less. That is a lot less time than advanced pets. My point is, the game is getting more content that can satisfy a player for longer. Would you rather have ranked PvP or a new story content in the next two months? PvP would keep a pirate busy for 3 months and even a lot longer while story is a lot shorted. I do believe the next big update is book 15 though, mostly because of the super long stretch of time between now and Marleybone and Aquila. After book 15, I would expect a year or more for more story, With a big update and a few small ones. Also, I am not anti-story. I REALLY WANT BOOK 15! (and 16 if they are together)

Ensign
Nov 23, 2013
Oh my gosh. I'm on MooShu at the moment with my Swashbuckler, my first character, who is level 50. I know that I only have Marleybone and Aquila left before I max her, whilst my Buccaneer is a mere level 5. But in any case I would love new story updates. It gives me more to look forward to as I watch playthroughs of the upcoming worlds I have to do.

I am definitely not anti-story. Aspiring to be an author I am the exact opposite of that. Sure, the ship cabins and scrip system are cool but the storyline is really what I love about P101. Well, that and the scenery.

Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
Well, It's april 6th now. So no update for January. Or February, Or march...*cough*

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
It's getting closer to the 2-year mark of this long hiatus in the story. I'm getting very close to losing my patience, and I only play for the Tower of Moo or to farm for that elusive Great Elder Figurehead. Sometimes I get on my other pirates to level them up, but not as much anymore.

I hope it comes out this month, or I'm going to explode.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
We've hit the "1 year 10 month and 14 days since the last update" mark(as of the time I'm writing). From when P101 went live to the Marleybone and Aquila took about 8 months and 7 days(so we're WAY past double the time it took for MB & AQ). I've counted since I've had the time(not doing my geometry homework) At this point, I've been really wishing I had been a crown player since at this point, I've blown almost $280 from monthly subscriptions down the toilet(I was still in Mooshu when the MB and AQ updates happened. I was a little slow). The greatest thing that has happened is Moo Tower and Smuggler's Arena. I honestly don't care for advanced companions(though I guess Nurse Quinn has a purpose now). As a Swash, my glass cannon companions fall quicker than they should, so I spend more gold than I should reviving them. I don't like how long it takes for pets to get through one training course(thankfully loyal pets come at max). I don't morph that much nor do I do pet PvP that often. I spend most time grinding forever for the absorb items or in Moo Tower. I want to do Smuggler's Arena with people but my friends aren't typically available. If anybody wants to go with me, I'd be more than happy to agree on a time and realm. Anyways, I hope to have the new world(s) by the two year mark at least in Test Realm.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
April 9th will mark one year since blind mew posted about book 15 saying he would be Surprised if it took another year, so they could be having technical difficulties or something? Personally I just want the world. If i had a big glass with water in it and the water represents my patience the glass is close to being empty.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
I have been away for a while, so my knowledge on the matter may be . . . inaccurate.

however, i remember a time when ratbeard, Blind mew, and one eyed jack (this was before the advent of bonnie anne and decius, no offense, we you guys too) would actively respond and even tell jokes and Etc. with the maurauders here. not only were they helpful to the community, they were a beloved and adored PART of the community. however, mew's musings shut down about a year ago, and I have not seen OEJ or (REDACTED) in quite some time. that said, Decius and Anne are wonderful and much beloved members of the community too. ( again)

all that being said . . . No staff maurauder to the best of my knowledge has made a post on the topic of the update. Personally, i view it as undeniable fact that this update has taken a far longer amount of time than previous updates, and it would be delightful to hear from someone in a position of authority could at least acknowledge the wait, or provide some vague reason for what i can only assume are delays.

regardless, it surely wont be TOO long till the next story update. I also know that its probably gonna be stunning when it does arrive. thanks for reading!

Lieutenant
Oct 29, 2012
Well, I'm in mid Mooshu and i joined during hurricane Sandy 10/29/12 ( There was nothing to do... and i was so bored! ) They did rush with worlds at the start. I hope they can add Krokatopia though. think about it... Krok companions, ships, housing, pets!!!

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
I'm keeping faith that KingsIsle is making an absolute WHOPPER of an update and have tried their best to feed us over with excess features that have been fully developed along the way, and would love nothing MORE than to give it to us already, but have to fine tune it to where design for each character, area, enemy, etc. makes sense and looks amazing. Plus it takes more time to come up with good ideas than to make them, which may have been the issue. Maybe they started crunch time when they went silent. Still, keeping faith here.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Ryanbold2 on Apr 7, 2015 wrote:
April 9th will mark one year since blind mew posted about book 15 saying he would be Surprised if it took another year, so they could be having technical difficulties or something? Personally I just want the world. If i had a big glass with water in it and the water represents my patience the glass is close to being empty.
Let's hope it comes out tomorrow!

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
I think it is high time (or is that tide) for one of the officials at KI to make an OFFICIAL comment about a new world. Something like it will be coming out on xxxx date or if it will ever be coming out (which many of us are starting to wonder)

Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
Stiiiilll waaating. I feel a bit bad for the people that have 6 maxed pirates lol, I'm working on my third maxed one right now, she's a swash in marleybone.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
Really, it's gone on long enough. They haven't revealed anything, they haven't hinted anything, they haven't showed us squat. And really, it's unfair to us the players because, well why am I paying a recurring membership, if I'm not going to be benefited from it? Moo Manchu and Scrip won't keep everyone happy for long! It's about time that KI comes out with a new and HUGE update. Not only should it have worlds, but a bunch of other content to because, a year and seven months, come on. You can obviously work on Wizard but you can't work on Pirate? Like I said, KI it's gone on long enough, I'm am sorry if I sound rude, which I'm trying not to be, I'm just preaching the truth.

Catherine Read- Lvl 65
Erica Reade- Lvl 27

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
I just realized something that may help may not depends on how you interpret it. Wizards went through the same thing! 6 months after its release dragonsprye came out kind if like marleybone and aquila. Then Wizard players waited 2 years for celestia. We are getting near to years. After the release of celestia they started getting new worlds every 6 months to a year! SO maybe it will happen like that and soon worlds will come out more often. (this is a theory)

Petty Officer
Jan 31, 2013
You know it's quite obvious what happened here. Blind Mew, One-eyed Jack, and probably Boochbeard have all been abducted! Think about it. Blind Mew loved posting messages to us, and then one day they stopped. One-eyed Jack would help us out with problems, and kept the place clean. Then he vanished! Obviously, this is huge and can't be let on or it'll cause a panic. So members of the crew stepped in to keep the ship running.

I know the Frogfather knows, and that's why he got someone to mimic him. He needs someone to cover for him while he is searching the underground for any leads or clues.

I was sure that mysterious tower was holding them, and maybe it was but they were moved to a new location before the first pirates made it to the top.

Where they are now, who knows, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled for any possible clues. They must be so exhausted drawing maps to uncharted skies.

On the other hand there is also a very small chance that they just left in secret. Why? Well, probably to go meet with fellow leaders of new worlds to draw up peace treaties. Maybe even stop by and visit a certain giant tree who is cared for by an old wizard.

All in all, I don't see anyone else mentioning these things or sailing the skies searching for them. Oh and thanks for the tip about pets Valkoor. I'll do that while I'm on my search breaks.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Ryanbold2 on Apr 10, 2015 wrote:
I just realized something that may help may not depends on how you interpret it. Wizards went through the same thing! 6 months after its release dragonsprye came out kind if like marleybone and aquila. Then Wizard players waited 2 years for celestia. We are getting near to years. After the release of celestia they started getting new worlds every 6 months to a year! SO maybe it will happen like that and soon worlds will come out more often. (this is a theory)
Oh, I hope this is true...

The one thing, however, that I would put up, not as rebuttal, but as an "argh....." is that when Wizard101 put out Dragonspyre, it ended a plot arc. You defeated Malistaire, which was the mission you are on from the beginning of the game.

Pirate101 is still in the middle of the El Dorado arc. We don't even have half the map yet.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
You know, since wizard101's second story plot has just concluded, their next one could be the Armada! And as to not spoil pirates with any new Armada knowledge, both games are going to release new worlds at the same time! It's just a wild guess, but it would make sense if true!

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
EMC99 on Apr 10, 2015 wrote:
You know, since wizard101's second story plot has just concluded, their next one could be the Armada! And as to not spoil pirates with any new Armada knowledge, both games are going to release new worlds at the same time! It's just a wild guess, but it would make sense if true!
Okay, I like this theory. I just wish they would hurry up if true.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
EMC99 on Apr 10, 2015 wrote:
The new arc for them contains an antagonist by the name of "Old Cob". Apparently, he's been in the spiral since the beginning with Grandmother Raven and Bartleby. The Armada won't be for the wizards I think.

Catherine Reade Lvl 65-
Erica Reade Lvl 65-