Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

One year, seven months...

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheHoodooQueen on Apr 11, 2015 wrote:
The new arc for them contains an antagonist by the name of "Old Cob". Apparently, he's been in the spiral since the beginning with Grandmother Raven and Bartleby. The Armada won't be for the wizards I think.

Catherine Reade Lvl 65-
Erica Reade Lvl 65-
Hmm, "Old Cob"? That's one of the insulting names Bilbo Baggins used to tease the spiders in Mirkwood! And we saw in a puppet show on English Bill: the "evil spirit from the time before there was a Spiral" looked like a spider! I wonder if the Wizards are getting Darkmoor ( and not just as a dungeon! )

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
You opened my eyes, Anecorbie. Everything is clear now.

Catherine Reade- Lvl 65
Erica Reade- Lvl 27

Ensign
Mar 31, 2011
I'm okay with waiting I just hope its worth the wait I don't want to wait two years and only receive not what I'm expecting me personally I'm hoping for two worlds (valencia and idm what is after) with a ton of companions to be given to us right after more than marleybone and aquila (don't get me wrong i loved all the companions received I just love gaining more crew members) more knowledge on kane and our parents and hopefully to finally meet the queen armada if we can get all that done in the next update then I'll be happy :D

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
jgfhea1332 on Apr 13, 2015 wrote:
I'm okay with waiting I just hope its worth the wait I don't want to wait two years and only receive not what I'm expecting me personally I'm hoping for two worlds (valencia and idm what is after) with a ton of companions to be given to us right after more than marleybone and aquila (don't get me wrong i loved all the companions received I just love gaining more crew members) more knowledge on kane and our parents and hopefully to finally meet the queen armada if we can get all that done in the next update then I'll be happy :D
I have to say, this new update is testing my patience. Taking from what Blind Mew said a year ago, I am surprised that a full YEAR has passed since that post, and there has been NOTHING about new worlds. No teases on Facebook, Twitter, or Vine! *sigh* I have a significant amount of patience with games........and I have been biding my time with games like World of Tanks and War Thunder as I wait for a sign that Pirate101 is expanding. I cannot leave Pirate101, as I have dumped A LOT of real-life money into expanding my companion Armada to the INSANE number of 124 members, preparing for the new update so that way I have an endless supply of minions to do my bidding!

I have not OFFICIALLY played Pirate101 in several weeks.......AS THERE IS NOTHING TO DO. Pet morphing and hybrid hunting take up too much time, and once you've been through the Tower of Moo Manchu several DOZEN times, it gets old. And so, my crew and I wait in stasis, awaiting the day when we are once again called upon to defend the Spiral from Kane and his Armada. And now, I will leave you with a quote I managed to think up myself.

"2 years have passed since our adventures in Marleybone and Aquila, and Armada activity has been at a lull. They are planning a HUGE move.........and I believe it is a move we won't be prepared for. You all thought the trials we've been through were HARD? Heh. The REAL storm is coming, and it will be far harder than Moo Manchu and the Hydra put together."--Slick Michael Radcliffe in a speech to his crew.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
It's two long years now since a new storyline, it's great for new players to explore the spiral or veteran players who created a new character or five to wait out the release of new worlds. I have a max leveled character and 2 high level characters and 3 mid level characters. Nearly got a secound max leveled character, just waiting for a new storyline content and more.

But how about those with 6 max leveled characters and finished the final world main story six times ? I feel your pain there waiting for a new world. Just hang tight and hopefully a new world or two will be announced soon.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I will say that it's not a good idea for KingsIsle to go too much longer without an additional world or two.

I have already reactivated my Wizard101 account using Crowns, and I plan to do the same with Pirate101 when my membership runs out in August. If they don't have any additional worlds, I can still play the game, in its entirety, indefinitely without having to shell out another dime.

If other players get that idea, revenue for the game will drop dramatically, unless there is something worthwhile to either become a member again or spend crowns on.

Petty Officer
Nov 15, 2012
Max DeGroot on Apr 17, 2015 wrote:
I will say that it's not a good idea for KingsIsle to go too much longer without an additional world or two.

I have already reactivated my Wizard101 account using Crowns, and I plan to do the same with Pirate101 when my membership runs out in August. If they don't have any additional worlds, I can still play the game, in its entirety, indefinitely without having to shell out another dime.

If other players get that idea, revenue for the game will drop dramatically, unless there is something worthwhile to either become a member again or spend crowns on.
I agree
Pirate101 will start to lose people if there nothing new...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Has anyone thought that the reason the new update is so slow in coming is that we're going to be blessed not only with a storyline update and new world/s, but also many things we've been asking for? As a quest finder, crafting, fishing, & ranked pvp; as well as a new companion task ( to bring reagents to us, maybe ), housing items ( as in being able to display our weapons or gear ), new items in the Crown Shop like dresses and wigs, many have also asked for music players..
So c'mon guys, just wait a few more weeks.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 17, 2015 wrote:
Has anyone thought that the reason the new update is so slow in coming is that we're going to be blessed not only with a storyline update and new world/s, but also many things we've been asking for? As a quest finder, crafting, fishing, & ranked pvp; as well as a new companion task ( to bring reagents to us, maybe ), housing items ( as in being able to display our weapons or gear ), new items in the Crown Shop like dresses and wigs, many have also asked for music players..
So c'mon guys, just wait a few more weeks.
I've thought about that and you're very likely right. However I still wish KI would give us something. Something like "This next update is going to be jam packed with stuff you guys have been asking for all this time" That alone would tell me "Oh, there's more stuff. This will take longer but it'll be worth it". There haven't even been hints to new worlds. I'll be extremely excited if there's a hint given. Guess we just have to wait and hope this doesn't meet the same demise as ToonTown Online.

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
It is now 2 years and 5 days, which equals 735 days, since the last content update.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Aaron FireEyes on May 28, 2015 wrote:
It is now 2 years and 5 days, which equals 735 days, since the last content update.
You... are... absolutely... right! It has been so too long since we've had new major storyline Books out, Aaron. I never knew the wait for a major storyline update could be this long, even after the previous one didn't take that long than we would have thought that would be!

I completely remember Blind Mew's words about if the wait for our next major story update containing new Books would take longer than we thought from his words about that update's progress involving new Books about a year ago... "Will it take another whole year? See above, but I'd be surprised." And, wouldn't you know it? It really was over a year! I tell you, it should have been very, very closer to being ready by now! No doubt our next update is going to have more than one Book again like before... & maybe more. & what a wait this is turning out to be, & it still continues to be very boring to the lot of us.

Boy, oh, boy, is Blind Mew going to be very surprised about this discovery! He's been one very busy cat now, & I could imagine one word he would have to say about this... "WOW!".

I didn't even see any new surprises related to even a teaser, or teasers, about our next major update for this month yet, as our recent newsletter said we would. I surely hope we get new teasers about that really soon.

This wait is even breaking the long-standing record of that particular wait for a major story update in W101, like Celestia(the wait on that was Jan 2009 to Oct 2010, which is approximately 1 year & 10 months), to go to Test & to Live, even thought it feels like it all over again!

If it goes to Test & to Live, I hope we won't have to wait that too long for a new Book to be out all over again. Having a minimum of 1 new Book in a major story update would make waiting less lengthy, & I am fine with it.

This wait's been going on for very long, & I am so itching to continue on!

Ensign
Jul 16, 2013
I'm happy to wait for the next update because it builds anticipation and I love anticipation. It has been a long time since the last update but to the people who start thinking that it wont be a big or great update just wait and you will see. After all Its pirate 101 do they ever let you down.

Gold for everyone pirates. See you maties

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
FireMorgan13 on Apr 19, 2015 wrote:
I've thought about that and you're very likely right. However I still wish KI would give us something. Something like "This next update is going to be jam packed with stuff you guys have been asking for all this time" That alone would tell me "Oh, there's more stuff. This will take longer but it'll be worth it". There haven't even been hints to new worlds. I'll be extremely excited if there's a hint given. Guess we just have to wait and hope this doesn't meet the same demise as ToonTown Online.
They have given us something. From the last FrogFather Friday - Perfect PVP Pet? "..but I can let on that we're hard at work on some exciting stuff." and this part, "I'm afraid that's all you get for now because all this fine work here... it's not quite ready for the light of day,"
So those were our hints, it's coming, keep the faith.

Ensign
Jun 13, 2014
Having grown tired of repeated teases about new content and the lack of people that I can find to do Moo Tower / Smuggler's Arena I have cancelled my subscription. Yes, I have also maxed out my pets. I have over 3 million gold in 200k gold piles. The only things I have not accomplished that I set out to do was get Moo 100 times (33 done- would be more but people drop after Nefarious Five and the inability to replace them hurts), gets the shield and charm mask from Nefarious Five, and get the swashbuckler's banner from black market.

I really enjoyed the game to this point. I do hope they release new content before I lose interest in the game. Though, I have to say- if the new Baldur's Gate comes out before the new content or if the new content comes out after Star Wars on Disney Infinity, it will be a while before I reactivate my account, if ever.

Ensign
Jan 15, 2013
Aaron FireEyes on May 28, 2015 wrote:
That's depressing.

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
ChrissyFlower on May 29, 2015 wrote:
That's depressing.
Yes, but don't let that bring you down! There are still some things to do around here.... There's got to be. I'll get back to you, when I find out what.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
whats even more depressing, now that we are about a week over 2 full years since the last story update, is that we dont even have an inkling of when the beta will be out.

True, Frogfather has confirmed that stuff is on the way, but even if the beta were to come out tomorrow it'd probably take 2-4 weeks until it came to live. i canceled my membership for a while, then came back, now i'm considering canceling my membership again. without the benefit of organized pvp or anything that wouldnt just be an endless grind to do, the game just isnt fun. Hopefully we can get more than lovely nothings in the next frogfather friday.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
anecorbie on May 29, 2015 wrote:
They have given us something. From the last FrogFather Friday - Perfect PVP Pet? "..but I can let on that we're hard at work on some exciting stuff." and this part, "I'm afraid that's all you get for now because all this fine work here... it's not quite ready for the light of day,"
So those were our hints, it's coming, keep the faith.
Yeah, I saw that some time after my post. I haven't been playing in a while but I plan on taking out my homemade analysis machine and try to see if I can pick things together from his comment and other things. One thing, I have a small hope that when he says, "light of day" he might be implying Darkmoor. However since he's a smuggler, he'd do work in the shadows so I'll still get back to thinking.

Fearless DolanGrant lvl65

P.S. "Yar" if you get the analysis machine reference.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Max DeGroot on Jan 3, 2015 wrote:
This year, May 23rd will mark two years since any new worlds were added to the game.

That is unusually long, considering the game will only have been open for two years seven months at that time.

I understand that King's Isle wants to get it right, but surely, the game as a whole was not in development for two years prior to opening. Are events in the next world that crucial to the ending that they can't release even a single world to explore?

I presently have two pirates at level 65, who will soon be joined by two more at my present level of advancement. There are already people leaving the game simply because nothing new has been added (with the exception of Moo Manchu's tower, which is only like two hours long) and a fair amount of retcon work.

Can we at least have an estimate when the next world will be released, so we can prepare?
Uh, just what do you mean, by "retcon work"? Do you mean past story content that had to be given revisions to give it a fresher look on it? I'd say they've done it well, & I would REALLY like for them to launch our long-awaited update before any more retcon work gets done. I don't know how much longer we may have to wait for it, however, I have been waiting for very long, & I hope we may not have to relive the same waiting time for our next story update after our long-awaited update again. It's almost like the wait for Celestia in W101 all over again.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Trimond297 on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:
Uh, just what do you mean, by "retcon work"? Do you mean past story content that had to be given revisions to give it a fresher look on it? I'd say they've done it well, & I would REALLY like for them to launch our long-awaited update before any more retcon work gets done. I don't know how much longer we may have to wait for it, however, I have been waiting for very long, & I hope we may not have to relive the same waiting time for our next story update after our long-awaited update again. It's almost like the wait for Celestia in W101 all over again.
By "retcon work" I'm referring to the changes that were made in Skull Island, particularly at Bloody Shoals, adding in the Azteca colony (which you get the impression delves into time travel as well), the prawn conspiracy, etc. Not saying they're not good changes, just saying that if your pirate is sitting in Aquila, you could easily have missed it, and if you didn't, you ripped right through it.

Frankly, it isn't so much that we don't have a new world as much as it seems that it was expected to be here even by KI, but now looks like it could be a while, if at all, and we are kept in the dark.

That bothers me.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Max DeGroot on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:
By "retcon work" I'm referring to the changes that were made in Skull Island, particularly at Bloody Shoals, adding in the Azteca colony (which you get the impression delves into time travel as well), the prawn conspiracy, etc. Not saying they're not good changes, just saying that if your pirate is sitting in Aquila, you could easily have missed it, and if you didn't, you ripped right through it.

Frankly, it isn't so much that we don't have a new world as much as it seems that it was expected to be here even by KI, but now looks like it could be a while, if at all, and we are kept in the dark.

That bothers me.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I did enjoy the revised questlines of Manny, Moe and Jack. Gives more fresh history, plot, & backstory beneath Skull Island, along with more zones to explore & adventure instances to undertake. I liked these the best. The previous former quests were merely errand quests, & they were... unsatisfactory to not only to both us Pirates, & the P101 team, that of whom would believe these quests to match the "Three Streets" quests in W101, but I would think these quests are not just mere replications of these quests, giving that their states changed after the update. They're more of a better adventurous variations of them, even though they're not actual streets! I would imagine they would be reflected in later quests, the parts about exploring the Aztecan colony in Xol Akmul, our encoutners with the Prawns, & Devilfish Hollow & Perdition's Cauldron. Something speaks to my mind that there are unexplored places we've yet to see in these zones... If I'd imagine a more adventurous version of one of their side Zones, Colossus Blvd.,... well, I'd be surprised.

Regardless, it's very exasperating to be kept and waited in the dark for so long, especially with KI still being quiet about our next major story update for too long, other than our hints leading to it inside the game. This not just bothers me, it concerns me.

Hope we won't have to be kept in the dark for longer, DeGroot. I've been waiting for a very long time for it.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
dark man 197 on May 29, 2015 wrote:
I'm happy to wait for the next update because it builds anticipation and I love anticipation. It has been a long time since the last update but to the people who start thinking that it wont be a big or great update just wait and you will see. After all Its pirate 101 do they ever let you down.

Gold for everyone pirates. See you maties
I recall the anticipation for the update that was coming in August 2014. Since it had been more than a year since the last story update, many, myself included, thought that this might be a storyline extension.

That was when they changed everything on Bloody Shoals (I miss young Nick. *sniff*), adding a lot to the free area, plus some other stuff (the Azteca theme on Corsair's Lagoon is rather impressive). That satisfied for about a week.

I was hoping for something special on the 2nd Anniversary of the opening of P101 in October, and was a bit disappointed when that came and went with nothing.

Then we had an update in December, but frankly, that update really disappointed me. It seemed aimed at people who wanted to accumulate stuff rather than actually play the game.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Max DeGroot on Jun 11, 2015 wrote:
I recall the anticipation for the update that was coming in August 2014. Since it had been more than a year since the last story update, many, myself included, thought that this might be a storyline extension.

That was when they changed everything on Bloody Shoals (I miss young Nick. *sniff*), adding a lot to the free area, plus some other stuff (the Azteca theme on Corsair's Lagoon is rather impressive). That satisfied for about a week.

I was hoping for something special on the 2nd Anniversary of the opening of P101 in October, and was a bit disappointed when that came and went with nothing.

Then we had an update in December, but frankly, that update really disappointed me. It seemed aimed at people who wanted to accumulate stuff rather than actually play the game.
More than two years, actually.

We had some thoughts that previous teasers would have been related to our next story update, but we see that they're improvement updates, not extension updates. Hope we see more new sneak peeks related to our next story update soon.

We do miss some past quests after the changes to Blood Shoals, along with some characters & their former uses, but these changes were worth enjoying. Maybe one day, the previous characters may have their uses again. Maybe.

The 2nd anniversary was more or less the same. I was hoping for something new like a new companion or a new yearly holiday quest. I hope we at least have something new for P101's 3rd anniversary celebration.

Those previous updates were all enjoyable, however, I am still eager to move forward with the P101 story. I still really want to know about the Toymaker's plan on how to defeat Kane and get the rest of Marco Pollo's Map to El Dorado.

Plus, on a different note, we haven't seen a usual new FrogFather Friday topic last month. Could it mean that the FrogFather's planning to say an announcement or another producer's letter, or surprises he's got in store for us? This boggles the mind. Let's hope he's got something to say.

Lieutenant
Nov 11, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 3, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy, Max! Do you really think it will take until May for KI to release new story content? I'm hoping that it'll be sooner ( much sooner, please ) than that.
I don't blame players for leaving, especially those who bought a subscription; for what are they getting? Their membership runs out and there's no story update? Why continue?
Believe me, I'm sure KI is fully aware of the situation this loooong delay is causing among the players. But you know they never discuss schedule: although in this case, why they can't make a statement like "If nothing goes wrong the new story will be released in___." I don't know.
Try having 6 maxed-out pirates on your hands!
i LOVE pirate101 :D thats why i almost never uninstall the game

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Trimond297 on Jun 11, 2015 wrote:
More than two years, actually.

We had some thoughts that previous teasers would have been related to our next story update, but we see that they're improvement updates, not extension updates. Hope we see more new sneak peeks related to our next story update soon.

We do miss some past quests after the changes to Blood Shoals, along with some characters & their former uses, but these changes were worth enjoying. Maybe one day, the previous characters may have their uses again. Maybe.

The 2nd anniversary was more or less the same. I was hoping for something new like a new companion or a new yearly holiday quest. I hope we at least have something new for P101's 3rd anniversary celebration.

Those previous updates were all enjoyable, however, I am still eager to move forward with the P101 story. I still really want to know about the Toymaker's plan on how to defeat Kane and get the rest of Marco Pollo's Map to El Dorado.

Plus, on a different note, we haven't seen a usual new FrogFather Friday topic last month. Could it mean that the FrogFather's planning to say an announcement or another producer's letter, or surprises he's got in store for us? This boggles the mind. Let's hope he's got something to say.
Well, FrogFather is supposed to give some kind of address this month, as he does every six months.

Honestly, if he does not address this issue this month, or even skips the usual talk, I will be very worried.