Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

One year, seven months...

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 30, 2010
so you guys know how the frogfather mentioned Friday the 13th...Well the next Friday 13 is November so....
Either he was making a joke, or that seriously means There's not gonna be new content for a long long time.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Fluzzard2 on Jun 12, 2015 wrote:
so you guys know how the frogfather mentioned Friday the 13th...Well the next Friday 13 is November so....
Either he was making a joke, or that seriously means There's not gonna be new content for a long long time.
If we really aren't getting content until November, I'm cancelling my subscription till October(so I can participate in test)

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
Judging by the July Newsletter, I think we might be in business guys...

I can hardly wait!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Blixet on Jul 2, 2015 wrote:

I can hardly wait!
Or rather, we're gonna be BACK in business!

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009

I can hardly wait!
Yeah, Test Realm is projected to start either this month or next month. Super exciting!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
When we are older pirates, and the lower level pirates complain that they have to wait 6 - 10 months for an update, we can tell them "That's nothing, you should have been here during the 2014 -2015 hiatus!"

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 3, 2015 wrote:
When we are older pirates, and the lower level pirates complain that they have to wait 6 - 10 months for an update, we can tell them "That's nothing, you should have been here during the 2014 -2015 hiatus!"
We need a name for this. Something like, "The 2-Year Hiatus" or "The Great Wait". These are just a few of my ideas.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012

I can hardly wait!
I donno. Call me a pessimist, but I somehow doubt it's a new world. Probably just an enhancement to a previous one.

I wonder if they realize that they are ripping through worlds too quickly, have a cap of level 100 that they want to maintain, but realized that players are getting to level 65 entirely too quickly. So, they are filling in lower worlds and adding stuff to higher ones, to slow you down. The higher ones need more work, then, so, they are putting in the lower ones first.

Just an idea.

Petty Officer
Oct 24, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 3, 2015 wrote:
After over 2 years of waiting, I'll never complain of a long gap ever again! I just hope that the upcoming update contains World 15 - and I'm almost certain that it will, given the odds of them doing a major update that doesn't contain World 15 and us having to wait another year for it, after Blind Mew said a year ago that he'd be surprised if took two years - which it did . So any longer seems unlikely. I don't think the Hoplite is part of Book 15. I think he's part or Ranked PVP or a new skill trainer or something. However, I am willing to wager that they wouldn't take us to the test realm on just that. I think they're teasing us. They've thrown us a red Herring. But now we know an update is coming, and I believe that this new update must contain Book 15, otherwise they've seriously wasted 2 years... Whatever it is, I'm excited for something new!

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Doctor Who Fan on Jul 4, 2015 wrote:
After over 2 years of waiting, I'll never complain of a long gap ever again! I just hope that the upcoming update contains World 15 - and I'm almost certain that it will, given the odds of them doing a major update that doesn't contain World 15 and us having to wait another year for it, after Blind Mew said a year ago that he'd be surprised if took two years - which it did . So any longer seems unlikely. I don't think the Hoplite is part of Book 15. I think he's part or Ranked PVP or a new skill trainer or something. However, I am willing to wager that they wouldn't take us to the test realm on just that. I think they're teasing us. They've thrown us a red Herring. But now we know an update is coming, and I believe that this new update must contain Book 15, otherwise they've seriously wasted 2 years... Whatever it is, I'm excited for something new!
Gotta disagree. With the amount of complaints they have received over the delay on Book 15, you'd think they would be trumpeting its arrival, not teasing us with something that might be the beginning of Book 15.

Petty Officer
Oct 24, 2012
Max DeGroot on Jul 5, 2015 wrote:
Gotta disagree. With the amount of complaints they have received over the delay on Book 15, you'd think they would be trumpeting its arrival, not teasing us with something that might be the beginning of Book 15.
I think it's for that exact reason and the 2 year suspense that they'd want to toy with us - they know we're growing impatient, so KingsIsle being god o'l cruel KingsIsle who love a good tease are capitalising on that impatience to grow that suspense further to dry and draw us in and get excited, and this thread and this debate are exactly what they want - after all, All publicity is good publicity!

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Doctor Who Fan on Jul 6, 2015 wrote:
I think it's for that exact reason and the 2 year suspense that they'd want to toy with us - they know we're growing impatient, so KingsIsle being god o'l cruel KingsIsle who love a good tease are capitalising on that impatience to grow that suspense further to dry and draw us in and get excited, and this thread and this debate are exactly what they want - after all, All publicity is good publicity!
Again, gotta disagree.

The hype might get people to think Book 15 is coming, and some might renew their membership in anticipation, but others will wait until they know for sure it's coming out, and consider the teasing as just another way to get members to buy crowns or continue membership for no decent reason, and build up bad blood.

Telling people, honestly, that Book 15 *IS* coming out will DEFINITELY get people to renew and prepare.

Ensign
Dec 24, 2013
everyone is so focused on a new world that they don't realize that the next part of the story is Valencia part 2 so Pirate101 is trying to do two tasks at once when it would be better to release Valencia part 2 first but no everyone wants a new world so p101 is working on a new world and since their doing the Valencia p 2 after the new world update due to complaints it's going to take longer to release Valencia part 2 to continue the story see what i'm saying (common sense but eh)

level 65 buccaneer bloody victor stevenson

Petty Officer
Oct 24, 2012
reckless frenzy on Jul 7, 2015 wrote:
everyone is so focused on a new world that they don't realize that the next part of the story is Valencia part 2 so Pirate101 is trying to do two tasks at once when it would be better to release Valencia part 2 first but no everyone wants a new world so p101 is working on a new world and since their doing the Valencia p 2 after the new world update due to complaints it's going to take longer to release Valencia part 2 to continue the story see what i'm saying (common sense but eh)

level 65 buccaneer bloody victor stevenson
People don't really want a new world, they just want Book 15 and some more story. Most don't care what world it is, as long as Book 15 is released and we have some new story.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Doctor Who Fan on Jul 7, 2015 wrote:
People don't really want a new world, they just want Book 15 and some more story. Most don't care what world it is, as long as Book 15 is released and we have some new story.
"I knew we had missed something. The STORY!! And here it comes." -- Narrator, The Stanley Parable

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Yes this is the called " the great wait ", it's two long years since a new storyline have been released.This is great for new players to explore the spiral, start a great adventure or veteran players to start a fresh adventure with a space available or lower leveled characters.

However those with six maxed leveled characters with side quests done, would say to new players " Six months or even 9 months is a long wait, try 2 years of waiting." As a veteran player it's a very long break or wait.

No matter how long the wait, I have the will. It's worth it and a new storyline will put a smile to every pirates out there ( unless you are a clockwork ).

Ensign
May 01, 2012
With 5 of my 6 pirates maxed, it's really hard getting the interest to finish up the 6th. Mostly I just work to finish leveling up the 5th pirate's companions. When I signed on today, I saw that the test realm was up and my heart jumped - FINALLY! And then I saw that it was just PVP related (and group battle) - which has zero interest for me. I'm beginning to wonder if I've been taken in - that we're just being strung along with releases of little things like pets and captain's cabins, while most of the programmers have moved on to other projects. I'm beginning to wonder if those new worlds - or additions to the story - are coming at all. And even if they do, if it's at this same rate (two stops, then 2 to 2 1/2 years - maybe more - until the story continues), I'm not sure it's worth it anymore.

Petty Officer
Mar 09, 2013
I bet one year and seven months is starting to look good to people compared to our current wait.

Clever Sam Jones

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
chin up its coming i promise you...
stormy jen

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
stormyjensilverdra... on Jul 20, 2015 wrote:
chin up its coming i promise you...
stormy jen
Unless you are a member of the staff of P101, you can't promise that.

I am at least heartened that Dalia Falmea addressed the frustration. All I can figure is that some integration with W101 is on the way that will affect everything that follows.

Please, Professor Falmea...don't keep us waiting too much longer. Many of us simply don't care about PvP or scrip.

Ensign
May 01, 2012
Max, I looked around to see what you meant about Dalia Falmea, and found this:

Unfortunately, I can only tell you that we are still exploring the possibilities. The Pirate story is a big one, and telling that story is a task we don’t take lightly. We are working hard to determine the best way to advance the story, increase the level cap, and allow you to forge ahead with your epic voyage, but I just cannot make any definite promises about how or when.

That - especially the parts I underlined - sounds to me like they don't even have definite plans, which would mean they're nowhere close to releasing any new story or worlds.

I'm an adult; I got pulled into this game playing it with the children of a friend I was visiting. I'm not a gamer - other than this and W101, I've never played online games before, so this is all new to me. And I did enjoy it, as far as the game itself went. But I'm not comfortable interacting in significant ways with strangers in the game (PVP, group challenges, etc.), and I'm not interested in decorating or playing with pets when there's no purpose to it (since my pirates are maxed out already). Perhaps because I'm not familiar with how this kind of "gaming" works, it never occurred to me that the actual GAME would be abandoned in the supposed middle (anyone remember collecting map pieces? El Dorado?) for all this side nonsense. Maybe I should just cancel my subscription, and let my friend tell me if and when they decide to move forward.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Almost Shiny on Jul 25, 2015 wrote:
Max, I looked around to see what you meant about Dalia Falmea, and found this:

Unfortunately, I can only tell you that we are still exploring the possibilities. The Pirate story is a big one, and telling that story is a task we don’t take lightly. We are working hard to determine the best way to advance the story, increase the level cap, and allow you to forge ahead with your epic voyage, but I just cannot make any definite promises about how or when.

That - especially the parts I underlined - sounds to me like they don't even have definite plans, which would mean they're nowhere close to releasing any new story or worlds.

I'm an adult; I got pulled into this game playing it with the children of a friend I was visiting. I'm not a gamer - other than this and W101, I've never played online games before, so this is all new to me. And I did enjoy it, as far as the game itself went. But I'm not comfortable interacting in significant ways with strangers in the game (PVP, group challenges, etc.), and I'm not interested in decorating or playing with pets when there's no purpose to it (since my pirates are maxed out already). Perhaps because I'm not familiar with how this kind of "gaming" works, it never occurred to me that the actual GAME would be abandoned in the supposed middle (anyone remember collecting map pieces? El Dorado?) for all this side nonsense. Maybe I should just cancel my subscription, and let my friend tell me if and when they decide to move forward.
Obviously, Pirate101 is undergoing a re-write. As a would be author, I can tell you that there are times when a story grinds to a halt or goes off into another direction entirely. It is better that KI addresses any issues with the story now than to undergo another long wait while the writers figure out where to go to next.
I even suspect that they didn't think our pirates would finish Aquila so early.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
If Professor Falmea's theory is correct, the fire professor for those who didn't visit or yet to visit Wizardcity as a wizard.

The the release of a new world may be on late November or early December, over 2 years of waiting may finally comes to a close ( end ).

Kane can't hide forever.

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
I guess some people can not read / KI has said no new world this year so do not keep saying it will be out by XXXX / if the maker of the game tells you it wont happen - which is one of the FEW things they have said - then i think you can believe it will not happen this year.

and like many others / the producer letter makes me believe that this games story line has been abandoned permanently and all we will ever see in here is look alike items from previous times ( ship gauntlet = tower of Moo ) or ranked from places like its sister game Wiz101.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
01Shadowblade on Jul 27, 2015 wrote:
I guess some people can not read / KI has said no new world this year so do not keep saying it will be out by XXXX / if the maker of the game tells you it wont happen - which is one of the FEW things they have said - then i think you can believe it will not happen this year.

and like many others / the producer letter makes me believe that this games story line has been abandoned permanently and all we will ever see in here is look alike items from previous times ( ship gauntlet = tower of Moo ) or ranked from places like its sister game Wiz101.
This is NOT a dead-end game. I believe in P101 and the team of KI who has brought it to us. The story has been delayed, that's all.
If they haven't said when the new chapter will come ( and they never do ), neither have they said that its shelved permanently.
If there is to be no story progression; why are there secret trainers? Why have they given some of our companions training points?