Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How did you think Satyrs were bad compared to this

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Feb 27, 2009
I DISPISE Manticores, and I hear people complain about satyrs and how their horrid, don't get me wrong, they're not fun to tangle with, but I find all sorts of things worse than satyrs

1. Manticores
2. Lyestragonean Trolls
3. Eagle Shades (those heals *shivers*)

I'm just so frustrated on the current main quest piece in Lysetragon with trolls who have Manticore pets that do 90% of the trouble. I've asked friends for help, but all but one do Moo Manchu Tower OVER AND OVER for a good 8-12 hours a day and the last one is Scrip hunting in Aquila (he's sunk Spartacos so many times I think he's in a full body caste). I've tried to summon help with doubloons, but when a Manticore Criticals his first hit on my character and then uses Renlentlees 2, you don't have much health left. I just got nothing left other than some real time nerfing. I just don't know what to do.

Quentin Davenport, lvl 65
Kendrick Davenport, lvl 23

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ahoy there, Quentin Davenport! ( good name, btw ) I have 6 max level pirates with time hanging heavy on their hands! Have done Moo Manchu's tower so many times, just looking at a glass of milk makes me queasy. I'm getting pretty tired of scrip hunting also.
So just tell me in this post: day, time ( include time zone ) realm and where in Aquila you want to meet up. And we'll squash a few trolls and their fuzzy kitties!
Look for these gals:
Bold Bess Nightingale
Marian Kidd
Black Morgan Moone
Silver Isis
or
Darcy Abbott
My main character's friends list is full atm. If there's a certain class preference, you can include it also.

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Yes those Manticores are a real pain, but sometimes " Hail of Torpedoes" helps waste a turn for them and you might want to get dodge increasing charms, that works for me. And sometimes when Buccaneer's criticals are unreasonable changing a suit to have strength as a secondary stat tends to lessen those irritating criticals, just slightly though. They're never easy though, I know what it's like .....

Petty Officer
May 14, 2011
What crew are you using for manticores?

Petty Officer
Feb 27, 2009
Of course, I finish this dungeon the following morning, (irony there) and by the evening I finished all side quests, so Kendrick might lvl up a bit now.

Petty Officer
Feb 27, 2009
wanted468 on Dec 30, 2014 wrote:
I DISPISE Manticores, and I hear people complain about satyrs and how their horrid, don't get me wrong, they're not fun to tangle with, but I find all sorts of things worse than satyrs

1. Manticores
2. Lyestragonean Trolls

I'm just so frustrated on the current main quest piece in Lysetragon with trolls who have Manticore pets that do 90% of the trouble. I've asked friends for help, but all but one do Moo Manchu Tower OVER AND OVER for a good 8-12 hours a day and the last one is Scrip hunting in Aquila (he's sunk Spartacos so many times I think he's in a full body caste). I've tried to summon help with doubloons, but when a Manticore Criticals his first hit on my character and then uses Renlentlees 2, you don't have much health left. I just got nothing left other than some real time nerfing. I just don't know what to do.

And Ettins, don't forget about Ettins, this isn't the first game they've given me trouble.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
You didn't mention which Quest you are having trouble with so all I can give is general advice. I've taken only one of my Pirates to Aquila so far and it has not been a fun experience when I first got there (my Pirate is a level 65 Witchdoctor - maybe I should have used a Privateer?). I found I had to level up my Companions (at least 7 to 10 good ones) to level 65 for me to even be able to survive the quests. Maybe it would have been easier with a friend or three but when I do my playing, there don't seem to be many Pirates around even in Realm Avery. I even broke down and got the Empire Bundle so I could have Nausica (level 68). I then found if I used her and either a Buccaneer (preferred) or a Swashbuckler, the questing went fairly smoothly. Occasionally, I did have to put up with some Bed Rest but I am learning that seems to be par for the course at this level. That's why I said 7 to 10 Good Companions.

Good Luck!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
wanted468 on Jan 2, 2015 wrote:
And Ettins, don't forget about Ettins, this isn't the first game they've given me trouble.
From my own experiences, all I can say is that the Buccaneer class really shines in Aquila. I see that you are a Musketeer so this may not help out too much, but you may have many high LVL Bucks at your disposal.

It was a bit easier for me to begin with because I was a few LVLs ahead of the curve upon entering Achaean Skyway. So finding & completing past world side quests really helps you gain an edge from the very start. As a buck I would stick with an all buck crew, usually Peter Quint, Temujin & Holkun Doomhorn-- the last 2 coming from Crowns/Pack purchases, so this gave me another advantage. But there are very capable "other" Buccaneers that join your crew along the way. Barnabus is simply amazing for a Buccaneer, but I completed Aquila before he was "upgraded" a bit & to be honest I overlooked his usefulness in battle. Same goes for Ratbeard. I did use him quite a lot but I simply wasn't using him to his full potential & wish I gave him more opportunities to shine against those Aquilian foes.

In Aquila, the enemies hit hard, so your crew needs to be able to take what they can dish out. As an all Buck crew, I was able to stay back, buff & shield a couple rounds & then go berserk on the enemy. By boosting strength a few times, I was able to see critical chains galore with all of the relentless & blade storms on the boards & especially against the Swashbuckler, Musketeer & Witchdoctor Aquilian enemies, due to that huge advantage in a Buck's primary stat. I believe in my entire Aquilian adventuring I lost no more then 2 or 3 companions throughout all of the Aquilian battles...save for the heinously glitchy Hydra-- still survived my first try at it though.

Also, as a Musketeer you can actually buff your Strength attribute with Shark's Fury, Kraken's Coils & Whale's Might in the first round-- especially if you use Muskets, SBs & WDs. This may & should help cut down on some of the Maniticores critical strikes. They are receiving lots of critical hits, because the ratio of Strength between you & your other muskets, bucklers, witches, is tilted so much in their favor. You should already have a nice advantage in Agility over them & be able to get some criticals yourself. So, if you boost your Strength to close the gap, along with a Leviathon's Call or Valor's Fortress for shielding, you should be able to close the gap in regards to Strength & suffer less Critical Hits from them...so less Blade Storms & possibly less Relentless as well.

Buffing in another classes primary attribute is never a bad thing against that particular class. Especially if they are giving you a tough time & receiving Criticals out the wazoo. Defensive strategies can really help turn the tide & even for a Buccaneer like myself. Many just charge ahead which is great, especially when using those Vicious & Brutal charges to knock an enemies Accuracy down. But being able to take the damage & decrease enemies critical chances, whilst increasing yours, helps as well-- at least in PvE.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
wanted468 on Dec 30, 2014 wrote:

1. Manticores
2. Lyestragonean Trolls

I also noticed that quests involving Manticores aren't always the most easy ones,maybe it's the low drop rate.Manticores are very stingy.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
The Hoodoo Master on Jan 6, 2015 wrote:
I also noticed that quests involving Manticores aren't always the most easy ones,maybe it's the low drop rate.Manticores are very stingy.
I'm certainly not lion-ying about this.

Petty Officer
Feb 27, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 6, 2015 wrote:
From my own experiences, all I can say is that the Buccaneer class really shines in Aquila. I see that you are a Musketeer so this may not help out too much, but you may have many high LVL Bucks at your disposal.

It was a bit easier for me to begin with because I was a few LVLs ahead of the curve upon entering Achaean Skyway. So finding & completing past world side quests really helps you gain an edge from the very start. As a buck I would stick with an all buck crew, usually Peter Quint, Temujin & Holkun Doomhorn-- the last 2 coming from Crowns/Pack purchases, so this gave me another advantage. But there are very capable "other" Buccaneers that join your crew along the way. Barnabus is simply amazing for a Buccaneer, but I completed Aquila before he was "upgraded" a bit & to be honest I overlooked his usefulness in battle. Same goes for Ratbeard. I did use him quite a lot but I simply wasn't using him to his full potential & wish I gave him more opportunities to shine against those Aquilian foes.

In Aquila, the enemies hit hard, so your crew needs to be able to take what they can dish out. As an all Buck crew, I was able to stay back, buff & shield a couple rounds & then go berserk on the enemy. By boosting strength a few times, I was able to see critical chains galore with all of the relentless & blade storms on the boards & especially against the Swashbuckler, Musketeer & Witchdoctor Aquilian enemies, due to that huge advantage in a Buck's primary stat. I believe in my entire Aquilian adventuring I lost no more then 2 or 3 companions throughout all of the Aquilian battles...save for the heinously glitchy Hydra-- still survived my first try at it though.

Also, as a Musketeer you can actually buff your Strength attribute with Shark's Fury, Kraken's Coils & Whale's Might in the first round-- especially if you use Muskets, SBs & WDs. This may & should help cut down on some of the Maniticores critical strikes. They are receiving lots of critical hits, because the ratio of Strength between you & your other muskets, bucklers, witches, is tilted so much in their favor. You should already have a nice advantage in Agility over them & be able to get some criticals yourself. So, if you boost your Strength to close the gap, along with a Leviathon's Call or Valor's Fortress for shielding, you should be able to close the gap in regards to Strength & suffer less Critical Hits from them...so less Blade Storms & possibly less Relentless as well.

Buffing in another classes primary attribute is never a bad thing against that particular class. Especially if they are giving you a tough time & receiving Criticals out the wazoo. Defensive strategies can really help turn the tide & even for a Buccaneer like myself. Many just charge ahead which is great, especially when using those Vicious & Brutal charges to knock an enemies Accuracy down. But being able to take the damage & decrease enemies critical chances, whilst increasing yours, helps as well-- at least in PvE.
It'll help in the future, the next one I'm working on is a buccaneer, he's level 17 and already hitting over 100 damage a hit with certain abilities turned on. He's going to face Fin to take back the first piece of the map once I finish this Moo Manchu dungeon on my . Thx for the help.

Marcus Davenport, lvl 17

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
wanted468 on Jan 10, 2015 wrote:
It'll help in the future, the next one I'm working on is a buccaneer, he's level 17 and already hitting over 100 damage a hit with certain abilities turned on. He's going to face Fin to take back the first piece of the map once I finish this Moo Manchu dungeon on my . Thx for the help.

Marcus Davenport, lvl 17
You're welcome, but surely make sure you find your own play style that suits you and your likes the best. Ten pirates can play the same class ten different ways with great success, so find what works for you and what produces the best fun factor and GO FOR IT! Buuuut....it is great to hear and use tips from other players and mix them in with your own strategies, if needed-- for all of us.

Good luck to you on beating the gills off of Fin-- wait does he, and the other Cutthroats, still need and use them, or are their gills now, more or less, merely used to hold spare change and a lucky rabbit's foot? Or perhaps do they still filter, but now maybe they just filter pirate chat instead? Hmmm.....

Anyways, off track again. Well again best of luck to you in the Tower, with your musket, against Moo and also with your young Buck taking on Fin.