Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Increasing the loot/item drop rate

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
I've noticed lately that it is much more difficult to receive item drops, especially in certain battles . I remembered before when it used to be much easier, as with almost every battle, there was a high chance of receiving item loot, which then brings this "drive" wanting you to continue further , but now I guess it seems to be below-average for the small battles, and the exact same for the dungeons, receiving a special non-auction item would be like a miracle these days.

I can understand the small battles being like a "quick-item method", but I think the dungeons should be a guarantee , considering the amount of time of a dungeon with also the determination and passion.

So in the end, personally, I think small battles should remain the same, but dungeons to have a guarantee of 1-2/3 items like it used to. In a business perspective, I know there will still be users going for the chance chest, I don't think the considerable amount of them would like to repeat and repeat. I should know . Take care.

Developer
The item drop rate is the same as it has always been.

(Actually, if you want to be technical about it, it's better than it has ever been, because as we add different types of loot-- pet snacks, doubloons, class-specific gear, etc. this is accomplished by simply adding additional treasure rolls to every mob.)

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
The drop rate hasn't been really small for me, I usually get some of the rarest items in most fights but usually they're for another class and not for my Witchdoctor

Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
Ratbeard on Nov 17, 2014 wrote:
The item drop rate is the same as it has always been.

(Actually, if you want to be technical about it, it's better than it has ever been, because as we add different types of loot-- pet snacks, doubloons, class-specific gear, etc. this is accomplished by simply adding additional treasure rolls to every mob.)
Ohh I see , thanks Ratbeard for the response . Yea before there was a couple types but now that there's additional it would definitely go like that.

Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
Noble Tyler Strong on Nov 17, 2014 wrote:
The drop rate hasn't been really small for me, I usually get some of the rarest items in most fights but usually they're for another class and not for my Witchdoctor
Oh really, that sounds cool man . I'm gonna try extra hard for certain things, heck just recently I had some luck with Medea from Aquila, never know I guess.