Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Hybrid: Golden Sky Dragon

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Oct 26, 2014 wrote:
Ok, so I believe that this, "No Hint Here", is indeed a hint- even if it is not. So let's get to dissecting these pets. Ooh, no let's not dissect pets, let's instead dissect the non-hint, that doesn't hint at anything at all.

So, first we have- 'No'. Now no by itself doesn't seem like much of a hint, but 'au contraire mon frere'. Normally I would say that the word no is quite insignificant, but what we are dealing with here are 3 words that combine to create a veritable clue sandwich-- hold the pickles, please! When we turn no around, we get its distant cousin, thrice removed, on its mother's side- 'on'. Now, on just happens to be the last 2 letters in the word 'Lion'. Now you may ask, "what does Lion really have to do with the words on & no?" Let me explain, but please stick with me because this is where it gets confusing, yet also makes perfect sense.

First ask yourself this- "would you really like to Li(e) on a wild, untamed, full-grown, ferocious Lion"? What answer should we all be left with-"no" & that is no Li(e)! Ah Ha! So it is all coming full circle. And as we all know, it's the "Circle of Life" that moves us all & the "Circle of Life" comes from, go figure- The Lion King! NO, say it ain't so!

Ok, so now that we are more confused than when we 1st started, we know that we are on to something & a new hybrid is close to being discovered. Let's leave the 2nd word, "Hint", alone for a second & get right to the 3rd word, "Here". Now this one took a little while to figure out its place in the hint & hybrid discovery process. That is until I asked myself, what does it mean when we are 'Here'? Not sure, well I'll tell you. It means that we are 'in the present'. EUREKA- 'present', as in gift card, which P101 has many of. Ok, so that is of no help whatsoever. But I beg to differ! By looking at the 2nd word, "Hint", we get a tasty morsel of a clue that our imaginations are left to devour! (mmmmm, anyone got some yum to wash it down?)

So, there we have it- a pet, that is a present, in the form of a gift cart- that serves as a "Hint". The answer, my friends, is as plain as the toppings on my pizza-- Hinterland Turtle! Ok, so now we are cooking with Crisco & about to fry up a hybrid...EEK! No, let's not fry any critters here, please!

So, what do we know so far? We have the word "No", which logically leads to the word Lion, & through deductive nonsense we have found that "Here", combined with "Hint", refers to the present, that refers to the Hinterland Turtle. Ok, but a Lion doesn't really make sense at all! That is until you factor in the Wordy Bird's color usage in the non-hinted at hint. Orange, <other color>, Orange. Hmmm, now what pet has a color pattern that resembles that? Yep, you got it...the Lion Fish! And we are fishing for answers here!

HOLY CANOLI, GUACAMOLE & STROMBOLI!!!

We now know our recipe for a successful hybrid...Mexican & Italian! Oops, I mean-- Lion Fish & Hinterland Turtle!

I mean, it just makes perfect sense...right?
Outstanding work, Valkoor!! Unfortunately, I have NEITHER pet lol! Still, others can try this mix!! Good work!!

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Ok, so I believe that this, "No Hint Here", is indeed a hint- even if it is not. So let's get to dissecting these pets. Ooh, no let's not dissect pets, let's instead dissect the non-hint, that doesn't hint at anything at all.

So, first we have- 'No'. Now no by itself doesn't seem like much of a hint, but 'au contraire mon frere'. Normally I would say that the word no is quite insignificant, but what we are dealing with here are 3 words that combine to create a veritable clue sandwich-- hold the pickles, please! When we turn no around, we get its distant cousin, thrice removed, on its mother's side- 'on'. Now, on just happens to be the last 2 letters in the word 'Lion'. Now you may ask, "what does Lion really have to do with the words on & no?" Let me explain, but please stick with me because this is where it gets confusing, yet also makes perfect sense.

First ask yourself this- "would you really like to Li(e) on a wild, untamed, full-grown, ferocious Lion"? What answer should we all be left with-"no" & that is no Li(e)! Ah Ha! So it is all coming full circle. And as we all know, it's the "Circle of Life" that moves us all & the "Circle of Life" comes from, go figure- The Lion King! NO, say it ain't so!

Ok, so now that we are more confused than when we 1st started, we know that we are on to something & a new hybrid is close to being discovered. Let's leave the 2nd word, "Hint", alone for a second & get right to the 3rd word, "Here". Now this one took a little while to figure out its place in the hint & hybrid discovery process. That is until I asked myself, what does it mean when we are 'Here'? Not sure, well I'll tell you. It means that we are 'in the present'. EUREKA- 'present', as in gift card, which P101 has many of. Ok, so that is of no help whatsoever. But I beg to differ! By looking at the 2nd word, "Hint", we get a tasty morsel of a clue that our imaginations are left to devour! (mmmmm, anyone got some yum to wash it down?)

So, there we have it- a pet, that is a present, in the form of a gift cart- that serves as a "Hint". The answer, my friends, is as plain as the toppings on my pizza-- Hinterland Turtle! Ok, so now we are cooking with Crisco & about to fry up a hybrid...EEK! No, let's not fry any critters here, please!

So, what do we know so far? We have the word "No", which logically leads to the word Lion, & through deductive nonsense we have found that "Here", combined with "Hint", refers to the present, that refers to the Hinterland Turtle. Ok, but a Lion doesn't really make sense at all! That is until you factor in the Wordy Bird's color usage in the non-hinted at hint. Orange, <other color>, Orange. Hmmm, now what pet has a color pattern that resembles that? Yep, you got it...the Lion Fish! And we are fishing for answers here!

We now know our recipe for a successful hybrid...Mexican & Italian! Oops, I mean-- Lion Fish & Hinterland Turtle!

you just blew my mind....

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009

well, I did some dabbling through pirate101 central through all the pets looking for some correlation to the no hint here, and valkoor I do believe your half right, the hinterland turtle is 1 of them, however, I was looking at the other one and I don't believe that's the case

the first thing I did was look at the words NO and HERE and where they pop up at, and so far, I only have one match

NOt so gREat wHitE shaRk

(N O R E H E R) yeah 1 extra R but none the less, it has the words NO and HERE, just scrambled

well that's my theory, glad to hear anyone else's on this

EDIT NEW INFO:
so i was dabbling a little bit more, to see if the colors played a role in this, and so far i came up with a good solution to back myself up on this matter
its "complimentary colors" on a color wheel

orange -> blue, lucky us the NOT SO GREAT WHITE SHARK (mostly) is blue orange/blue

red -> green (thanks valk on this!) the hinterland turtle is green with some red, but red/green

gotta admit this was fun deciphering,

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

I would like to take the time to clear the air a bit. This was intended as a 'wee bit' of a joke and not meant to say that I truly decoded a hint that wasn't a hint and not hinted at. I mean, who comes up with a hybrid pairing from using Lion King and Italian food references? Well, I guess I did-- but this was meant to be done, all in good fun. But I do have those pets and if I manage to discover a new hybrid from their illogical pairing....well then, by all means, I surely knew just what I was doing and babbling about-- but of course!

Oh, and Chrissy, yep we had a tick-or-treat event this past Saturday, so yeah I was a bit sugar induced when I conjured up that madness. Just trying to keep my children's teeth healthy of course, so taking one for the team....well a bit more than one, as thy bucket have runneth empty!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I can hear Decius laughing at his terminal! ( I hope his hilarious squawking doesn't disturb Ratbeard! ) I believe that he enjoys dropping a 'hint', just to see the morphers flock around and peck it to pieces!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
anecorbie on Oct 27, 2014 wrote:
I can hear Decius laughing at his terminal! ( I hope his hilarious squawking doesn't disturb Ratbeard! ) I believe that he enjoys dropping a 'hint', just to see the morphers flock around and peck it to pieces!
"I hope his hilarious squawking doesn't disturb Ratbeard!"

I would like to add to that lol! "I hope his hilarious squawking doesn't disturb Ratbeard's infernal cackling!"

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
warriorscreed on Oct 28, 2014 wrote:
"I hope his hilarious squawking doesn't disturb Ratbeard!"

I would like to add to that lol! "I hope his hilarious squawking doesn't disturb Ratbeard's infernal cackling!"
Ratbeard and I sat side by side for years, but now we are across the way from each other. I can hear when he is at his most mischievous, and I am sure he can hear me cackle at times too.

As for that not a hint that went way off topic, but fun to read.

Good luck all and don't forget to come spar in the arena sometime soon!

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Decius Duelmaster on Oct 28, 2014 wrote:
Ratbeard and I sat side by side for years, but now we are across the way from each other. I can hear when he is at his most mischievous, and I am sure he can hear me cackle at times too.

which one went way off topic?

mine or valkoors?

or both?

(yes I am sure he meant valkoor but just in case mine was wrong too)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Logan Sharp on Oct 29, 2014 wrote:
which one went way off topic?

mine or valkoors?

or both?

(yes I am sure he meant valkoor but just in case mine was wrong too)
I'm positive he meant mine Logan.......without a doubt! Even when I am on topic, I am still just a bit off!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Well, my Golden Dragon won't turn out that impressive. Its talents are Enhanced Armor 3 and Naturally Strong 2. It got one of the pet moves and Brutal Charge.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Oct 30, 2014 wrote:
I'm positive he meant mine Logan.......without a doubt! Even when I am on topic, I am still just a bit off!
Far be it from me to be the argumentative type.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 30, 2014 wrote:
Far be it from me to be the argumentative type.
agreed!

i would much rather have you be Chrissy Th'Blesser

compared to Chrissy Th'Arguer

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Oct 28, 2014 wrote:

This is also a bit off-topic but if you and ol' Ratbeard ever decided to team up for a comedy tour, I thought of a couple names for your act! Now, I have heard that if Cheese Wiz doesn't get enough to nibble on he can be a bit of the crabby sort and you of course are a beaked warrior. So if the two of you do ever decide to hit the comedic stage together, how about the name.........Bushel and a Peck?

Or maybe something like Scurry and Glide, or Beak and Beard or Pred and Prey would be more fitting. Maybe you could reel the audience in as a team called Hook and Sinker! OOOH....how 'bout Peg and Al-titude.

If that doesn't seem to your liking, then how about..........Cackle and Squawk? Although that seems to be a title more fitting for the two of you starring in a crime-drama-comedy (Cridramedy). Kind of like a male version of Cagney and Lacy. Well, ok maybe more like a Crockett and Tubbs or even better yet, Starsky and Hutch-- that's it, Arrrsky and Clutch.

Either way, you two should seriously give some thought to taking your talents on the road to bask in the bright lights. Why keep such hilarity confined to an office?

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
warriorscreed on Oct 30, 2014 wrote:
Well, my Golden Dragon won't turn out that impressive. Its talents are Enhanced Armor 3 and Naturally Strong 2. It got one of the pet moves and Brutal Charge.
Actually, I should be happy about those stats! lol! There's a whole list of Armor increases! When it got Enhanced Armor 1 and 2, it ended up with these increases!:+30 total Armor and +30% overall Armor! Brutal Charge is a killer move with my dragon, and I hope the last move is a good one!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
warriorscreed on Oct 31, 2014 wrote:
Actually, I should be happy about those stats! lol! There's a whole list of Armor increases! When it got Enhanced Armor 1 and 2, it ended up with these increases!:+30 total Armor and +30% overall Armor! Brutal Charge is a killer move with my dragon, and I hope the last move is a good one!
Well, I morphed with my Golden Sky Dragon with someone who had a 600 Pedigree Coral Widow, and amazingly first of all, he got the hybrid right off the first hatch! And now, I have a 463 Pedigree Golden Dragon that will replace my Armadillo Verde! The original dragon will be displayed proudly in my house, and this super Golden Dragon now has Bloodsucker 2, Webs 1, gives me Mojo Strike, and can use Brutal Charge! I am feeling great about this super dragon!

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
Decius Duelmaster on Oct 24, 2014 wrote:
No Hint Here
Alright new theory:

After muddling this around for a bit and then taking a break to play with new shiny towers in Wizard I have come back to this clue fresh eyes and fresh ideas.

Tonight's thought (while slightly achieved under fits delirium caused by sleep deprivation) I have come to a new hypothesis.

Orange Red Orange - are the colors of the slimy clown fish egg, or we can just say it is (orange and red)

So where does the second orange come from looking at the eggs.
There is are really handy guide here: http://www.starsofthespiral.com/pirate101eggs

Clown Fish x Lion Fish = Circus Lion?

Clown Fish x Sabertooth Bunny = Funny Bunny (my personal favorite and the idea I'm championing)

Clown Fish x Fandango = Doh Doh Bird (really I don't know why it is a bit of a stretch)

Clown Fish x FawnFaun = FunFawn (hehe)

Anyway just some randomness from the late night musings of my brain. Maybe someone who has had a full night's rest can review this in the morning and piece something useful together.

~Clumsy Calamity (aka Calamity PixieShade)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Calamity PixieShad... on Dec 14, 2014 wrote:
Alright new theory:

After muddling this around for a bit and then taking a break to play with new shiny towers in Wizard I have come back to this clue fresh eyes and fresh ideas.

Tonight's thought (while slightly achieved under fits delirium caused by sleep deprivation) I have come to a new hypothesis.

Orange Red Orange - are the colors of the slimy clown fish egg, or we can just say it is (orange and red)

There is are really handy guide here: http://www.starsofthespiral.com/pirate101eggs

Clown Fish x Sabertooth Bunny = Funny Bunny (my personal favorite and the idea I'm championing)

Clown Fish x Fandango = Doh Doh Bird (really I don't know why it is a bit of a stretch)

Anyway just some randomness from the late night musings of my brain. Maybe someone who has had a full night's rest can review this in the morning and piece something useful together.

Great ideas as usual.
I have tried the Clown Fish and Lion Fish many times but since the rules are now all changed perhaps I will take up that gauntlet once more.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Calamity PixieShad... on Dec 14, 2014 wrote:
Alright new theory:

Looking at that page, it seems the Clown Fish's egg is white and orange?

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
UPDATE: Just realized the "Clown Fish" egg on there is actually glitched with the Candy Cane Dragon egg. But anyway, here are my theories if yours aren't right @Calamity PixieShade

I'm thinking the most likely combos could be one of the following:
  • Tawny Sky Turtle + Golden Stingtail = Golden Sky Turtle or Tawny Stingtail
  • Tawny Sky Turtle + Yellow Marshadillow = Yellow Marshaturtle
  • Tawny Sky Turtle + Clown Fish = Face-Painted Turtle (Painted Turtle is a real kind of turtle)
  • Tawny Sky Turtle + Saber-toothed Bunny = Snapping Turtle
  • Tawny Sky Turtle + Lion Fish = Flying Fish

Observations I have made these deductions on:
  • Yellow cannot be selected as a color for text on the forums.
  • The Tawny Sky Turtle is the only pet that is red and yellow.
  • The Golden Stingtail, Yellow Marshadillow, Clown Fish, Lion Fish, and Saber-toothed Bunny are the only five pets I'd think of as yellow or orange (as we need yellow/orange + red + yellow/orange, and excluding the Celestial Dragon because it already makes a hybrid with the Tawny Sky Turtle.)

Other notes:
  • Tawny Sky Turtle with Lil' Labor Golem, Armadillo Verde, Clockwork Spider, or Crokogator (anything else?) might also work since they are a sort of gold/brass/brown color, one also not available on the forums yet related to orange.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Just managed to morph a GSD, to replace the one Decius cruelly took away from me months ago. He's shiny! Not very bright*, but shiny.

-Indigo

*I think his DNA is lower than both parents...