Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companions dying after fleeing

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 11, 2008
Hi there.
Today I was fighting the Hydra when the glitch where you can't target the Ebon head occurred, so I fled. When I fled I saw that one of my companions was wounded. Not one of my companions died during the battle.
Why in the Spiral would they die AFTER you flee? The whole point of fleeing is to AVOID death, not to speed up the dying process.
This has occurred numerous times before now. Like I said before, if I flee it is because I don't want myself or a troop to die. That is the whole purpose of fleeing, is it not?
The flee button may as well be renamed to "Self Destruct."

Commodore
May 31, 2009
The Privateer on Oct 9, 2014 wrote:
Hi there.
Today I was fighting the Hydra when the glitch where you can't target the Ebon head occurred, so I fled. When I fled I saw that one of my companions was wounded. Not one of my companions died during the battle.
Why in the Spiral would they die AFTER you flee? The whole point of fleeing is to AVOID death, not to speed up the dying process.
This has occurred numerous times before now. Like I said before, if I flee it is because I don't want myself or a troop to die. That is the whole purpose of fleeing, is it not?
Was one of your companions wounded before your battle? That could be the cause. I have never had companions become wounded after fleeing-- all that happens to me is my health drops to one point.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
The Privateer on Oct 9, 2014 wrote:
Hi there.
The exact same thing happened to be when I encountered to hydra a few times. It's like I can't win for losing. The glitch continues and my entire team dies along with me or flee and my companions are still on rest.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Disregard my previous post. I just realized you said the Hydra, or as I prefer to call it, Hydra, Lord of Glitches and Bugs. I thought KI fixed some of the nasty glitches associated with the fight, but there might be a couple bugs that escaped the fly swatter.

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
Maybe while running away you got shot in the leg?

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
were they at half health that's what happens to me

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

To clarify, when a player flees with a companion that has less than 50% health, the companion will be wounded for 4.5 hours. If the companion is at less than 25% health, they will be wounded for the full 9 hours.

Sorry for the confusion.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Bonnie Anne on Oct 14, 2014 wrote:
Ahoy!

To clarify, when a player flees with a companion that has less than 50% health, the companion will be wounded for 4.5 hours. If the companion is at less than 25% health, they will be wounded for the full 9 hours.

Sorry for the confusion.
That clarifies a lot. Thank you Bonnie Anne