Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Pets in Test, Hybrid Theories for Live?

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
So far, we know that there's a new Scylla Spawn pet from the Scylla in Aquila and a Fire Toad pet from Gortez in Test Realm. So what do you guys think? Got any hybrid theories using them as parents?! :D I want to be prepared for live, so we can get together and try those new pets out!

So I'm thinking Ebon Spectre produced a pet with red glow - the Ebon Reaper. The Stormtiger Shark produced a pet with green/yellow glow - the Glowfish. Now this Fire Toad produces an orange glow. Must be something there! Also the Scylla is a pet with spikes on it. So we gotta figure spiky pets that could be produced from that pet!

Also Ebon Spectre is Death, Stormtiger Shark is Storm and Fire Toad is obviously Fire. Ice Scarab is Ice obviously. Very very interesting, eh? They might be worth remembering when trying to produce a hybrid.

Any ideas?! One of my ideas is the Horned Toad from Scylla Spawn x Fire Toad. Horned Toad is a toad with spikes which the Scylla has.

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Kelsey Fireheart on Aug 24, 2014 wrote:
So far, we know that there's a new Scylla Spawn pet from the Scylla in Aquila and a Fire Toad pet from Gortez in Test Realm. So what do you guys think? Got any hybrid theories using them as parents?! :D I want to be prepared for live, so we can get together and try those new pets out!

So I'm thinking Ebon Spectre produced a pet with red glow - the Ebon Reaper. The Stormtiger Shark produced a pet with green/yellow glow - the Glowfish. Now this Fire Toad produces an orange glow. Must be something there! Also the Scylla is a pet with spikes on it. So we gotta figure spiky pets that could be produced from that pet!

Also Ebon Spectre is Death, Stormtiger Shark is Storm and Fire Toad is obviously Fire. Ice Scarab is Ice obviously. Very very interesting, eh? They might be worth remembering when trying to produce a hybrid.

Any ideas?! One of my ideas is the Horned Toad from Scylla Spawn x Fire Toad. Horned Toad is a toad with spikes which the Scylla has.
corrupt imperial lion and bone drake could make the heck cat.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Kelsey Fireheart on Aug 24, 2014 wrote:

Way to nod some Wizard101 references about these pets.

Still, the P101 team didn't inform us about new pets found in some bosses, like that Fire Toad pet you mentioned. They should have informed us about it in the Pets section of the Update Notes. Decius would have.

Are there any more new Pets you've found in Test yet or what? Just asking.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Scylla pet + armadillo = HEDGEHOG!

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
Um.... Some ideas from the top of my head:

Okay ideas for the Fire Toad

x Dinolizard = Horned Toad (which is actually a lizard)

x Ice Scarab = FireFly

x Fandango (or any bird) = Phoenix

Scylla ideas:

x Armadillo Verde = my crab monster theory from the mural.

x Violet Bubble Fish = Charybdis (The other monster it is paired with in Greek mythology)

~Clumsy Calamity

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
I am trying not to laugh about getting a Scylla pet especially since a certain message board marauder wanted it. (I will give you a hint, the marauder posted in this thread as of this post getting through)

Wait, you can rebattle Scylla? :D glad to hear

*sets sail to Aquila*

Note: If you don't hear from me then the Scylla may have ate my ship. Send gummy bears to rescue me
- Lazy Rachel

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Calamity PixieShad... on Aug 25, 2014 wrote:
Um.... Some ideas from the top of my head:

Okay ideas for the Fire Toad

x Dinolizard = Horned Toad (which is actually a lizard)

x Ice Scarab = FireFly

x Fandango (or any bird) = Phoenix

Scylla ideas:

x Armadillo Verde = my crab monster theory from the mural.

x Violet Bubble Fish = Charybdis (The other monster it is paired with in Greek mythology)

~Clumsy Calamity
Liking it, Calamity, but I'd say Charybdis would come from something much... mouthier, and water-based. Maybe something like the many Pufferfish found around the spiral?

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
After seeing the fire toad in live realm, (never managed to get him in test). I think me looks a lot like a hot charcoal lump.

Anyone else thinking barbecue? Maybe ram? Or buffaloon? Or minotuar even?

I think I know what I'm having for lunch today.

~Clumsy Calamity (aka Calamity PixieShade)

Also FYI: I have an adult toad ready for morphing. (If anyone is interested)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Calamity PixieShad... on Sep 4, 2014 wrote:
After seeing the fire toad in live realm, (never managed to get him in test). I think me looks a lot like a hot charcoal lump.

Anyone else thinking barbecue? Maybe ram? Or buffaloon? Or minotuar even?

I think I know what I'm having for lunch today.

~Clumsy Calamity (aka Calamity PixieShade)

Also FYI: I have an adult toad ready for morphing. (If anyone is interested)
*Waves hand wildly* Gotta feed the need.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Trimond297 on Aug 24, 2014 wrote:
Way to nod some Wizard101 references about these pets.

Still, the P101 team didn't inform us about new pets found in some bosses, like that Fire Toad pet you mentioned. They should have informed us about it in the Pets section of the Update Notes. Decius would have.

Are there any more new Pets you've found in Test yet or what? Just asking.
I haven't ever said anything about new pets when they are added.
Its much more fun for you all to discover them on your own!

Now think of it as an egg hunt that doesn't happen at Easter.

Good luck everyone on finding all the new pets we tamed.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Decius Duelmaster on Sep 4, 2014 wrote:

Oh. That's understandable.

We'll find them and train them to be the best pets.

I've no doubt there are plenty more out there yet to be tamed. Keep on finding and taming the new pets, Decius!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Thank you Decius, your surprises are indeed wonderful and truly appreciated. With two new hybrids discovered today, The Pork-U-Pine & Clocktopus, we are having a blast with hatching and to top it off the Tower is keeping us in plenty of gold to "Feed The Need"

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 5, 2014 wrote:
Thank you Decius, your surprises are indeed wonderful and truly appreciated. With two new hybrids discovered today, The Pork-U-Pine & Clocktopus, we are having a blast with hatching and to top it off the Tower is keeping us in plenty of gold to "Feed The Need"
WHAT!! Say whaaaat!
Tell me the details, dear Chrissy!

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
2 new hybrids found and no new thread about them?
Something must be wrong today.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
:O How do you make them?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
So where's the thread about them? Who found them? Details, Chrissy, details!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Decius Duelmaster on Sep 5, 2014 wrote:
Lol Sorry Decius, just too exhausted from doing tower runs. Blame Ratbeard's nefariousity.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Decius Duelmaster on Sep 5, 2014 wrote:
Surprise, surprise, eh?

Community Leader

So are there more new dropped (from battles) pets that we haven't discovered other than the Fire Toad & Scylla? :O

As for the hybrids, every new pet pretty much has at least one hybrid that they can produce right? But do all pets have 2 hybrids or two?

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
My theory is for the Black Tiger.
Corrupted Foo Lion + Heck Kitty = Black Tiger