Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Nefarious Five Opposition Badge

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
I love the cool fiery eyes and all. But, it's strange that we get it by doing nothing. Our teammates work harder than I do if I drink the juice. Can they have a cool reward too for being able to defeat all of the bad ones PLUS the converted teammate? That'd be more fair.

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Kelsey Fireheart on Aug 23, 2014 wrote:
I love the cool fiery eyes and all. But, it's strange that we get it by doing nothing. Our teammates work harder than I do if I drink the juice. Can they have a cool reward too for being able to defeat all of the bad ones PLUS the converted teammate? That'd be more fair.
I am with ya on that one. I think the whole team should get the badge. We have the hard part, just like you said.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
they would be getting the badge for doing the same thing as before, defeating all enemies....all that happened was that "another enemy joined"

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
So if I drink the juice, do I get to be on the dark side and all of the other people get the badge as well? Or is it that if I drink it I get the badge only or everyone else except pets and companions turn evil? I don't even know how to get that badge, and I really want it.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Kelsey Fireheart on Aug 23, 2014 wrote:
I like that idea a lot, because having a 'bent' teammate makes the battle for the 'good' pirates that much more difficult! And I must confess, that would be nice for me, personally (to let you know that in this case I have an ulterior motive ), because I am never, ever drinking that potion! No way! All the power in the Spiral is not enough to convince me to be Moo Manchu's slave, to be a minion of evil! That would hardly be 'virtuous', would it!

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
WyvernBlaze on Aug 24, 2014 wrote:
So if I drink the juice, do I get to be on the dark side and all of the other people get the badge as well? Or is it that if I drink it I get the badge only or everyone else except pets and companions turn evil? I don't even know how to get that badge, and I really want it.
Whichever pirate drinks the potion turns into a CPU controlled enemy for the duration of that fight. Their companions and pets, however, still remain on the player's side of the fight (unless they do end up getting charmed of course, but still though). Once the fight is finished, the person who drank the potion shall receive "The Nefarious 6th" badge which grants the red glowing eyes effect as well.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
This is in the test realm, Moo Manchu's tower which is recommended 60+ players (preferable 65s though)

this is the battle against the evil 5
in the middle of the map there is a potion which is optional to drink, if you chose to drink it, you lose control of your pirate and they fight for the enemy, you cannot use any abilities or move your pirate (any doubloons you use will help the ENEMY team aka not the team you want to win)

in short; if you drink the potion, you can only control your companion

Community Leader
To get that badge and cool fiery eyes, you must drink the evil potion then you switch to the evil team where you do nothing. The "evil" controls your every move. Your team MUST win the battle, defeat everyone and YOU. If they win, when the battle ends, you earn the badge and the cool fiery eyes.

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Community Leader
Logan Sharp on Aug 24, 2014 wrote:
they would be getting the badge for doing the same thing as before, defeating all enemies....all that happened was that "another enemy joined"
No they should earn a badge too because they lost a teammate and gained an MUCH stronger enemy. It's a LOT of work!

Ensign
Dec 03, 2011
Agreed with you, Kinda it is soo Challenging when your teammate comes against you, They work hard to beat you and the nefarious 5 up!

Smart Logan West Level 25

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Yes, completely agree! Why should a foolish decision be rewarded, and not a virtuous action? They say that virtue is it's own reward, but a badge and a cool effect ( like a halo similar to the blessing effect we had when fighting the Duck of Death would be nice. )

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Kelsey Fireheart on Aug 24, 2014 wrote:
No they should earn a badge too because they lost a teammate and gained an MUCH stronger enemy. It's a LOT of work!
It is not that much work, besides, why should you get a badge for drinking the elixir when you didn't drink the elixir, someone else did?

We have a group of friends that will all do this tower together and we will each take turns drinking the elixir, it is only fair and fun for everyone... ITs not like this is a one and done dungeon, this dungeon is actually a lot of fun!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
It would be nice to take turns for the elixir, but to make the battle easier for your friends, why not un-equip yourself before entering the room to drink the potion? Just a thought...

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Kelsey Fireheart on Aug 24, 2014 wrote:
eh if you really WANT that badge, just drink the elixir when you have low health, its the easiest way for you to earn the badge, also your teammates aren't as angry with you for drinking it if they can 1 shot you

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Logan Sharp on Aug 25, 2014 wrote:
eh if you really WANT that badge, just drink the elixir when you have low health, its the easiest way for you to earn the badge, also your teammates aren't as angry with you for drinking it if they can 1 shot you
It doesn't matter what your health level is. The elixir boosts your health back up to full when you drink it.

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
Why can't KI make this as a group earned badge? This is unfair!

Bosun
May 10, 2010
WyvernBlaze on Aug 25, 2014 wrote:
Why can't KI make this as a group earned badge? This is unfair!
Because the badge is called, The Nefarious 6th. To become a Nefarious 6th, you must drink the elixir, if you do not drink the elixir, you don't become the nefarious 6th, so why do you think it is unfair that you don't earn the badge?

Too many people want things just handed to them without earning them, that is what is so unfair.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The badge should be called: Valorous and give an effect . I'm still liking the idea of a halo, but maybe someone has a better idea. Instead of complaining, give some solutions!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Darth JT on Aug 24, 2014 wrote:
It is not that much work, besides, why should you get a badge for drinking the elixir when you didn't drink the elixir, someone else did?

We have a group of friends that will all do this tower together and we will each take turns drinking the elixir, it is only fair and fun for everyone... ITs not like this is a one and done dungeon, this dungeon is actually a lot of fun!
Its the thought that the one who does something wrong and stupid, gets the reward! If Moo was really wanting revenge that elixir would be a trap, like a poison that slowly drains health, strength, dodge, & agility without being able to be healed, until the foolish pirate is defeated.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Aug 26, 2014 wrote:
The badge should be called: Valorous and give an effect . I'm still liking the idea of a halo, but maybe someone has a better idea. Instead of complaining, give some solutions!
Hey I love the idea of a halo and maybe some wings, the traitor gets their glowy eyes and the rest of the team gets halos for surviving it.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 26, 2014 wrote:
Hey I love the idea of a halo and maybe some wings, the traitor gets their glowy eyes and the rest of the team gets halos for surviving it.
As great of an idea as that is, I'd have to disagree, due to it's suggestibility. Perhaps they could get a sort of glowing aura around them, or maybe little white wings on their armor indeed... although a halo isn't so bad. I just feel it would look a bit silly with the rest of my armor.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
darkdoombro345 on Aug 26, 2014 wrote:
As great of an idea as that is, I'd have to disagree, due to it's suggestibility. Perhaps they could get a sort of glowing aura around them, or maybe little white wings on their armor indeed... although a halo isn't so bad. I just feel it would look a bit silly with the rest of my armor.
Well you don't HAVE to wear it. Perhaps we could wear the badge and stitch the effect if we wanted one or the other.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 27, 2014 wrote:
Well you don't HAVE to wear it. Perhaps we could wear the badge and stitch the effect if we wanted one or the other.
OOh, there's an Idea... in the accessories page, instead of having earrings and eyepatches, we could have effects ! Like little wings, flaming stuff, a trail behind our characters... you name it.