Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Spanish meanings.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 23, 2013
So a lot of names in Santo Pollo are Spanish, like El Toro and El Guapo, Froggo Villa's old boss. And, of course, we can't forget El Dorado. So here are the translations, I guess.

El Toro = The Bull

El Dorado = Gold

El Guapo = Handsome

Yeah. And here are the locations in Santo Pollo skyway, too.

Santo Pollo = Holy Chicken

Isla De Los Muertos = Isle of the Dead

Castillo Sapo = Toad Castle

And then, finally, there's the vortex near Isla De Los Muertos.

Tormenta Oscura = Dark Storm

If there's any more Spanish names in Cool Ranch you'd like translated, you can either ask me, or, because it's simpler, translate them yourself and add it in a reply!

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
I laughed so hard when I saw some of these translations! Especially Santo Pollo = Holy Chicken!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I like the names of the ships in Cool Ranch, they read like a Mexican Restrant menu.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
i don't know Spanish so i cant remember the name but it translated to: blue taco... sounds yummy

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
I'm about to take my second year of Spanish and I was already familiar with a few words. When I read most of them, I laughed out loud at the names and was proud of myself for recognizing them. Gotta love KI writers. Ellos trabajan bueno y son muy comica! *sigh* I hope that's right. Summer always makes you forget some things.

Ensign
Nov 23, 2013
Thanks for the feedback, guys! I appreciate it. I thought about anecorbie's reply, and so here are some of the ship names I came across in Santo Pollo skyway. Or, otherwise known as the Holy Chicken skyway.

Rana Loco = Crazy Frog

And here's some Red Sash ship names:

Pollo Con Queso = Chicken With Cheese

El Rey De Sol = The Sun King

Gato Con Queso = Jack Cheese

So, yeah.

Ensign
Jan 26, 2013
These are great!

Anyway, thought I might add some more Banditoad ships...

Aguila Dorado - Golden Eagle (sounds okay...)

Gato Azul - Blue Cat

Perla Gigante - Giant Pearl (hmm another nice one)

Pescado Grande - Big Fish

Mosca Feliz - Happy Fly

Pescado de Gallo - Chicken Fish (?)

Pollo con Queso - Chicken with Cheese

Cucaracha con Carne - Roach with Meat (sort of)

But yeah, I love the Spanish names, especially cause I'm bilingual!
The best name I've found so far has to be Moco Verde, it cracked me up it was so unexpected

435snow owl,estoy de acuerdo contigo, los empleados de KI tienen muy buen sentido del humor!

Reckless Alexandria Stevedore, lvl 34

Ensign
Jan 26, 2013
oops, the cheesy chicken had already been translated
sorry!

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
i already knew about el toro means the bull, but i do know the name of a ship that i fought. its called the quesadillas azul, which swiched up is the blue quesadillas lol

Lieutenant
Nov 04, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 25, 2014 wrote:
I like the names of the ships in Cool Ranch, they read like a Mexican Restrant menu.
i know right like Taco Deli sounds like a Taco made of Pollos
it's Award how Marco Pollo means Warning Chicken lol sounds like A Radioactive Chicken

Lieutenant
Nov 04, 2012
also Calvera Means Skull
El Tiburon is The Shark (makes since)
Toreador Noverillo means Horse Novel
Peleon(seen banditoads with this name): Scrapper
Gonzalo De Ribera (My Crazy Monquistador): Gonzalo With Bank
Saint Bonobo's Abbey: Saint Baboon Church

Ensign
Nov 23, 2013
So I saw Purple Jellybeans' reply, and I saw the post about Moco Verde. I just wanted to put this out there. Ew. Anyways. . .

Moco Verde = Green Mucus

Why would anyone want to name their ship that? Thanks for the reply, though, Jellybeans. I just finished Port Regal at the moment, but only for the main quest, not the side ones. I have this OCD thing about finishing every quest in every area before I move on to the next one. Once I get back to Cool Ranch, maybe I'll find some more Spanish words to post on here.

Thanks for commenting, guys!

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
Tierra Primata Skyway...Monkey Land Skyway!

Ladron, the Salamander Stabber...Thief, the Salamander Stabber!

Azul Con Queso...Blue with Cheese?!

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Purple Jellybeans on Aug 24, 2014 wrote:
These are great!

Anyway, thought I might add some more Banditoad ships...

Aguila Dorado - Golden Eagle (sounds okay...)

Gato Azul - Blue Cat

Perla Gigante - Giant Pearl (hmm another nice one)

Pescado Grande - Big Fish

Mosca Feliz - Happy Fly

Pescado de Gallo - Chicken Fish (?)

Pollo con Queso - Chicken with Cheese

Cucaracha con Carne - Roach with Meat (sort of)

But yeah, I love the Spanish names, especially cause I'm bilingual!
The best name I've found so far has to be Moco Verde, it cracked me up it was so unexpected

435snow owl,estoy de acuerdo contigo, los empleados de KI tienen muy buen sentido del humor!

Reckless Alexandria Stevedore, lvl 34
I can't believe I'm just now seeing this! Lo siento para no responde pronto, Jellybeans. Yo comprendo muchos de que tu hablas. Ah, I'm getting practice about conjugating words right, so...