Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I Can't Believe It...

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Mar 09, 2013
Wizard101 has kind of become the test subject for pirate. Everything put on Wizard eventually will come to pirate, but be 10 times better, by being adjusted due to feedback. Pvp is way more fun in my opinion, and we just got better pets than wizard. Fishing will probably show up, but waaaaaay better. Hopefully the same with crafting!
Clever Sam Jones

Commodore
May 31, 2009
WyvernBlaze on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
Errr, might as well say it. Well... I can't believe it's not butter.
How very punny.

Lieutenant
Oct 01, 2010
MarleybonePatriot on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
Well...where would the pirates fish? The only pond I can name off to the top of my head is the one in Sujimura...
Locations from the main quest line with lakes/ponds/rivers/fountains/etc. in them:

Skull Island: Skull Island, Skull Mountain, Skull Cave, Bestia, Traitor's Cave, Scaly Warren, Cutthroat Cave, Skull Cap Cove, Rapa Nui, Gullet, Shady Hollow, Bounty Island, Captain Gunn's Tomb, The Gold Mine, Flooded Tunnels, The Dark Jungle, Survivors' Cave, Sacrifice Cave, Ancient Ruins, Valley of the Gold Monkey, Scrimshaw, Cutthroat Bay, Scurvy Dog Hideout, Parrot Island, Port Regal, Sewers, Fort Elena

Monquista: Cavern of the Crescent Moon

Cool Ranch: Watering Hole, Arroyo Grande, Scorpion Rock Cave, Banditoad Gulch, Bison Village, Gold Creek, Wasp Cave, Isla de los Muertos, Crystal Cave, Infested Tunnel, Miranda, Motherlode Mine

Mooshu: Hamamitsu Garden, Yakooza Cave, Yagizawa Village, Tax Collector's Compound, Sujimura Village, Moomori Compound, Moomori Clanhold Village, Moomori Clanhold Cave, Bandit Cave, Yama Kai, Kaizoku Jima, Shinobi Cavern, Khotan, Subata Temple, Temple of Eternal Serenity, Temple of the South Wind, Monkey King's Cave, Ravaged Valley, Lake of the Rising Sun, Cavern of Wu Hu, Valley of the Titans, Cavern of the White Lotus, Temple of the North Wind, Corrupted Shrine, Temple of the East Wind, Maruzame Castle

Marleybone: Isle of Dogs, Barkeley Square, Isle of Dogs' Sewers, Red Fox's Lair, Airedale Pier, LaFitte's Lair

Aquila: Nova Aquila, The Imperial Palace, Achaea, Illios, Cave of Atratus, Cave of Thunder, Banquet Hall, Troy, Hydra Cave, Grey Caverns, Laestrygon, Cave of Lamos, Anthemusa, Cavern of the Gorgon, Ithaca

We obviously need more water. (On another note, think of all the fish!)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Admiral on Jul 25, 2014 wrote:
Locations from the main quest line with lakes/ponds/rivers/fountains/etc. in them:

Skull Island: Skull Island, Skull Mountain, Skull Cave, Bestia, Traitor's Cave, Scaly Warren, Cutthroat Cave, Skull Cap Cove, Rapa Nui, Gullet, Shady Hollow, Bounty Island, Captain Gunn's Tomb, The Gold Mine, Flooded Tunnels, The Dark Jungle, Survivors' Cave, Sacrifice Cave, Ancient Ruins, Valley of the Gold Monkey, Scrimshaw, Cutthroat Bay, Scurvy Dog Hideout, Parrot Island, Port Regal, Sewers, Fort Elena

Cool Ranch: Watering Hole, Arroyo Grande, Scorpion Rock Cave, Banditoad Gulch, Bison Village, Gold Creek, Wasp Cave, Isla de los Muertos, Crystal Cave, Infested Tunnel, Miranda, Motherlode Mine

Mooshu: Hamamitsu Garden, Yakooza Cave, Yagizawa Village, Tax Collector's Compound, Sujimura Village, Moomori Compound, Moomori Clanhold Village, Moomori Clanhold Cave, Bandit Cave, Yama Kai, Kaizoku Jima, Shinobi Cavern, Khotan, Subata Temple, Temple of Eternal Serenity, Temple of the South Wind, Monkey King's Cave, Ravaged Valley, Lake of the Rising Sun, Cavern of Wu Hu, Valley of the Titans, Cavern of the White Lotus, Temple of the North Wind, Corrupted Shrine, Temple of the East Wind, Maruzame Castle

Marleybone: Isle of Dogs, Barkeley Square, Isle of Dogs' Sewers, Red Fox's Lair, Airedale Pier, LaFitte's Lair

Aquila: Nova Aquila, The Imperial Palace, Achaea, Illios, Cave of Atratus, Cave of Thunder, Banquet Hall, Troy, Hydra Cave, Grey Caverns, Laestrygon, Cave of Lamos, Anthemusa, Cavern of the Gorgon, Ithaca

Most of these are dungeons and not appropriate for fishing. I can't stand the W101 version of fishing, it will need a serious overhaul before it comes over here ( IMO ).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Sounds like we are already all set

Ensign
Nov 14, 2012
Well...where would the pirates fish? The only pond I can name off to the top of my head is the one in Sujimura...
Well, we COULD fish in the skyways. You know that there are those flying fish and battacudas. What do THEY eat? they HAVE to be eating smaller fish! well, unless they eat any kind of monquistan, marleybonian, well, any type of ship that happens to float across their path...

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Max DeGroot on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
For those who have not noticed, it seems KI is trying to do games right that Disney did wrong.

Wizard101 is like Toontown, only better. Just compare the combat style. Toontown had fishing. So, Wizard101 has fishing.

Pirate101 is like Pirates of the Caribbean only better. PotC did not have fishing. So, Pirate101 doesn't.

Just sayin'...
Well, toontowns fishing didn't require energy, it was a fairly renewable source, jellybeans.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
How about looking straight down next time you're in Mooshu...

Ensign
Apr 20, 2011
Max DeGroot on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
For those who have not noticed, it seems KI is trying to do games right that Disney did wrong.

Wizard101 is like Toontown, only better. Just compare the combat style. Toontown had fishing. So, Wizard101 has fishing.

Pirate101 is like Pirates of the Caribbean only better. PotC did not have fishing. So, Pirate101 doesn't.

Just sayin'...
PotCO DID have fishing. I know because I would fish all the time just to relax myself with the music when I was stressed.

Lieutenant
Oct 01, 2010

I forgot Fiddler's Cave, Red Hook Cave, Meeting Cave, Master's Lair and Cutthroat Cave (Cutthroat Bay), in Skull Island, Summer Palace in Monquista, Dusty Cave, Lagartija Cave, Arroyo Grande Web Cave, and Dusty Arroyo Cave in Cool Ranch, and Cavern of Whispers in Mooshu.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Admiral on Jul 27, 2014 wrote:
I forgot Fiddler's Cave, Red Hook Cave, Meeting Cave, Master's Lair and Cutthroat Cave (Cutthroat Bay), in Skull Island, Summer Palace in Monquista, Dusty Cave, Lagartija Cave, Arroyo Grande Web Cave, and Dusty Arroyo Cave in Cool Ranch, and Cavern of Whispers in Mooshu.
And ALL of those are dungeons. Would anyone care to do some virtual harpoonin' of whales? Hmmm, by your aghast expressions, I guess not! I can hear the Rainbow Warriors massing on the horizon.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
We don't need fishing to get gold, with Companions out Plunderin' for us! Same with pets and gear!
I am not talking about pirate101 here, I'm saying that in Wizard, it's not a waste of time OR energy.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Admiral on Jul 27, 2014 wrote:
One question, why do we want Fishing? For gold and loot? But we get that from Scavenin' and Plunderin', we already have a method in place for the same stuff wizards are getting through Fishing! So we don't need fishing! Is just because W101 has it and we don't? Are we that envious of them? We have a super game here, we don't need wizard games in P101.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I do enjoy fishing on Wizard101. It is a lovely, peaceful activity after working hard in real life -- though a lot of times I want adventure and excitement after my real life labors (Wizard is good for that, but Pirate101 especially excels in dynamic adventures ). But my wizards do very much enjoy catching new and different sorts of fish, and displaying them in their aquariums. Several of them hope to craft their own fish tanks... but that is going to be a while off yet.

In the meantime, Pirate101 is not harmed by not having fishing -- it is still the same great game we love. The advent of fishing in Wizard101 makes for some lovely possibilities for the future. In the meantime, we have plenty of things to occupy our time (like adventures! And our pets! Yes, what a good little armadillo you are... would you like another treat?)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 28, 2014 wrote:
I do enjoy fishing on Wizard101. It is a lovely, peaceful activity after working hard in real life -- though a lot of times I want adventure and excitement after my real life labors (Wizard is good for that, but Pirate101 especially excels in dynamic adventures ). But my wizards do very much enjoy catching new and different sorts of fish, and displaying them in their aquariums. Several of them hope to craft their own fish tanks... but that is going to be a while off yet.

In the meantime, Pirate101 is not harmed by not having fishing -- it is still the same great game we love. The advent of fishing in Wizard101 makes for some lovely possibilities for the future. In the meantime, we have plenty of things to occupy our time (like adventures! And our pets! Yes, what a good little armadillo you are... would you like another treat?)
While I do agree with the last part of your post; that P101 is not harmed by not having fishing, I disagree that it is a "lovely, peaceful activity". I find it frustrating, fidddlely and BORRING in the extreme. But I see that I may be the sole exception to the other posters here. They like it, they want it and we may very well get it. I just hope its a better version.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 28, 2014 wrote:
While I do agree with the last part of your post; that P101 is not harmed by not having fishing, I disagree that it is a "lovely, peaceful activity". I find it frustrating, fidddlely and BORRING in the extreme. But I see that I may be the sole exception to the other posters here. They like it, they want it and we may very well get it. I just hope its a better version.
Hey, don't forget, this is the PIRATE side of the Spiral. Of COURSE it's gonna be better

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
My pirates don't want to fish. They want to loot and plunder and swill yum and generally enjoy themselves. If they wanted to fish, they would have become fishermen (fisherdogs, fishermonkeys, fisherbulls, etc.) rather than pirates.

-Indigo

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
In an MMO I've played ( recently taken off-line ) They had fishing which was run like a mini game. You choose where you would like to fish, entered the game and fished. You had the chance of getting fishing gear, equipment or treasure as well as fish. Add fishing as a mini game.
ToonTown? I used to play that all the time when I was little.. I kinda miss that game.