Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Voting for Caption Contest?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hello One-Eyed Jack!

I just had a question about the voting for the Caption Contest. When following the links from the main page here on P101, it brings you to the page where you are supposed to be able to vote. There's a link that says "you must be logged in to vote", that usually (in the past) takes you to the actual voting page where you can submit your vote, providing you are indeed logged in.

For some reason the link isn't working, for me at least- it just keeps showing the entries without the usual area to vote, followed by the current results of the voting. I'm not sure if this is an error or perhaps the voting isn't actually open yet. But I thought that I would bring it to your attention in case there may be a problem. Or perhaps you can't vote if you are one of the finalists?

Thanks for any response or insight!

Administrator
Try again!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
Hello One-Eyed Jack!

I just had a question about the voting for the Caption Contest. When following the links from the main page here on P101, it brings you to the page where you are supposed to be able to vote. There's a link that says "you must be logged in to vote", that usually (in the past) takes you to the actual voting page where you can submit your vote, providing you are indeed logged in.

For some reason the link isn't working, for me at least- it just keeps showing the entries without the usual area to vote, followed by the current results of the voting. I'm not sure if this is an error or perhaps the voting isn't actually open yet. But I thought that I would bring it to your attention in case there may be a problem. Or perhaps you can't vote if you are one of the finalists?

Thanks for any response or insight!
Congrats Valkoor for making the cut two months in a row. I am not surprised that your zany/goofy, wonderful sense of humor is appreciated by so many.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
Congrats Valkoor for making the cut two months in a row. I am not surprised that your zany/goofy, wonderful sense of humor is appreciated by so many.
Why thank you Chrissy and a huge CONGRATS goes out to you as well. What does that make 87 time for you being a finalist now....wait a minute this is only contest #20 right? Seriously, since I have taken the time (and you've pointed me in the right direction), I have almost always seen one of your fantastically, hysterical entries that are more than worthy of a ton of votes.

Psssst, by the way I voted for you this time- not because you are Chrissy Th' Blesser, but because yours truly resonated with me and all of the times I quivered in me boots when I saw that warning come up, for fear of not knowing if my Bank was also full and thinking I may have just lost a true treasure of the Spiral. Plus, it was just pretty dang funny and fit the picture perfectly.

Good luck to you, "Queen of the Caption"!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
Try again!
Thanks Jack, whatever magic you performed surely did the trick