Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Glitch or untrustworthy crew?

AuthorMessage
Admiral
May 30, 2010
Anyone else having a problem with crew members who are assigned to plunderin' coming back empty-handed AND refusing to get back out there right away after reporting in? My pet wranglers wrangle fine. My sailors sail cheerfully and well. My brawlers pick fights with the best of them. My scavengers scavenge away successfully most of the time. My plunderers? Not so much.

Every once in a while, and it's almost always the plunderers, a crew member comes back empty handed. That's fine -- we don't always find money in the streets ourselves. I'd think nothing of it but a bad loot roll if the little beasties would report in and then pop back off to do their job again. But regardless of which pirate it is (so various levels) on which account (I have three), an empty handed crew entity will stand there looking expectant rather than the orders reissuing, even if all the other crew members cough up their loot and get right back to work.

It's random. Bonnie Anne on page 1 for one pirate, someone on page 2 for another. It can be the first crew member I click on to collect from, or the last. It's mostly the plunderers, which makes me suspect they're holding back for an unauthorized trip to the tavern, but once or twice it's been a scavenger. Pirate level doesn't matter. It happens on my desk top and on my tablet.

I assume that it's possible to roll a 1 and not get anything (which doesn't thrill me after 12 hours, but life happens), but shouldn't the crew still automatically go back to the task if that's how you've set up your preferences?

Administrator
Hi! Does the issue you're reporting here have anything to do with the one reported on this post?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jul 13, 2014 wrote:
Anyone else having a problem with crew members who are assigned to plunderin' coming back empty-handed AND refusing to get back out there right away after reporting in? My pet wranglers wrangle fine. My sailors sail cheerfully and well. My brawlers pick fights with the best of them. My scavengers scavenge away successfully most of the time. My plunderers? Not so much.

Every once in a while, and it's almost always the plunderers, a crew member comes back empty handed. That's fine -- we don't always find money in the streets ourselves. I'd think nothing of it but a bad loot roll if the little beasties would report in and then pop back off to do their job again. But regardless of which pirate it is (so various levels) on which account (I have three), an empty handed crew entity will stand there looking expectant rather than the orders reissuing, even if all the other crew members cough up their loot and get right back to work.

It's random. Bonnie Anne on page 1 for one pirate, someone on page 2 for another. It can be the first crew member I click on to collect from, or the last. It's mostly the plunderers, which makes me suspect they're holding back for an unauthorized trip to the tavern, but once or twice it's been a scavenger. Pirate level doesn't matter. It happens on my desk top and on my tablet.

I assume that it's possible to roll a 1 and not get anything (which doesn't thrill me after 12 hours, but life happens), but shouldn't the crew still automatically go back to the task if that's how you've set up your preferences?
You can play the game on a tablet?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Not quite. I'd read through that post, but my issue is a little different. I click on the crew member's picture first (not the collect button, except pet wranglers or sailors). I wait for him to show up (and it's generally the gold-gatherers that I have to do this for). And then I squinch up my face and bite my lower lip and carefully click on the collect button. Sometimes I get gold and a reset. Sometimes I get that ta-da! animation and diddley-squat AND that crew member will kind of shuffle his feet, give me a sulky teenager mutter and not go back to work until I insist firmly with the give new orders button.

Since I first noticed it I have been especially careful with the plunderers. Yet, this afternoon, one of my pirates had two crew members in a row pull the not-givin'-you-nuffin-and-not-going-back-out-and-you-can't-make-me stunt. I don't click through too fast anyway, although I'd like to click faster, but if I do I miss seeing what that crew member found. Over the course of rather more pirates than I'd care to admit to having, I think I had four crew not do their thing right today.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
You can play the game on a tablet?
Mine's not an android device -- it's actually a windows 7 tablet. And yes, with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, you can.

Sorry if I got your hopes up.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
Not quite. I'd read through that post, but my issue is a little different. I click on the crew member's picture first (not the collect button, except pet wranglers or sailors). I wait for him to show up (and it's generally the gold-gatherers that I have to do this for). And then I squinch up my face and bite my lower lip and carefully click on the collect button. Sometimes I get gold and a reset. Sometimes I get that ta-da! animation and diddley-squat AND that crew member will kind of shuffle his feet, give me a sulky teenager mutter and not go back to work until I insist firmly with the give new orders button.

Since I first noticed it I have been especially careful with the plunderers. Yet, this afternoon, one of my pirates had two crew members in a row pull the not-givin'-you-nuffin-and-not-going-back-out-and-you-can't-make-me stunt. I don't click through too fast anyway, although I'd like to click faster, but if I do I miss seeing what that crew member found. Over the course of rather more pirates than I'd care to admit to having, I think I had four crew not do their thing right today.
LOL delightful writing style. Sounds like you have a mutiny brewing so either you need to sweeten them up with goodies or work on giving that captainy "LOOK" (very similar to the parental LOOK). Barring that, they can be sent to the principal's office (The customer support team). Those of us that grew up in when schools could still discipline, we KNOW what horrors await us in the dreaded principal's office.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
This time it was the Very First Crew member. I deliberately went to my plunderers first. Ratbeard -- the rat! -- was the one who refused to cough up and get back to work. Everyone else collected no problem.

So are we dealing with a glitch or is my crew rolling 1s way more often than I'd ever expect?

Fiorenza the increasingly nettled.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I went back and forth with Support on this -- I was only having the problem with Plundering. As a result of trying to get them information that would be helpful, I slowed way down with my Collecting. I waited until all of the initial notifications had finished loading, and I made sure to open my Chat Box to show collections that don't have Notifications, They asked me to note the exact time of the next occasion, which I did.

For the most recent attempt to gather info, I was trying to check the pirate's starting gold before hitting Collect, so that I could determine if it was in fact shorting me gold. I would switch from the Companion screen to the Character Screen and back. Wouldn't you know, but this seems to have solved the problem for me. I suspect it may be a display glitch, since I haven't been able to verify that I got NO gold, and Support was saying everything looks good on their end.

If you are going to turn in a Support Ticket on this, I would suggest that you note the exact time and stop immediately from any further collecting on that character. Take a screenshot as soon as possible after you notice the glitch, and attach that to your Support ticket, so they can look through their activity logs and pinpoint what happened in your case. Perhaps, if you are having this happen with Scavenging, take note of the total items in your backpack before Collecting those Companions loot.

I really hope we can all help to pin this down.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Thanks for the information, Willowydream. I will certainly do as you've suggested. It's not the gold so much as the wasted time that's annoying me.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
LOL delightful writing style. Sounds like you have a mutiny brewing so either you need to sweeten them up with goodies or work on giving that captainy "LOOK" (very similar to the parental LOOK). Barring that, they can be sent to the principal's office (The customer support team). Those of us that grew up in when schools could still discipline, we KNOW what horrors await us in the dreaded principal's office.
Ugh, the Look. My English teacher had a special one reserved for a certain member in my class.

But anyway, only once has a plunderer come back empty-handed. I only have 2 on plundering now (the rest are pet-wranglin' or sailin') and they haven't given me any problems at all. I believe it was quite a while ago when Rooster Cogburn came back without handing over any gold, but Mustang Sally made up for it with her 2,000-ish gold she returned! (She's only a level 43, so that's a lot for her. Usually she brings back 190-ish gold.)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I also have had this happen quite a few times only when collecting gold from Plunderin'. A couple of times it has been the very first companion that I have collected from after logging in so there was no waiting for other companions to collect and restart that needed to be done. I will have to do as Willow noted as well, to provide all info necessary for support.

On a side note, has anyone else noticed any issues with collecting from Tasks after "Spiral Maintenance and Upkeep". I have my options set to "Restart Tasks", but on at least 3 occasions this option has been turned off without me doing so myself. I believe that all 3 times came after the maintenance and upkeep took place the night/early morning before. I have 2 accounts and it seems to only effects the 1st account I log in with. The morning after the upkeep, I log in and start collecting and by the time I get partially done the 1st page, I notice that the Tasks aren't automatically restarting and I have to go back into options and set back to restart. I am going to start documenting when it happens just to verify that it has happened after the Upkeep and Maintenance.

Has anyone one else had this happen to them?

Commodore
May 31, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 20, 2014 wrote:
I also have had this happen quite a few times only when collecting gold from Plunderin'. A couple of times it has been the very first companion that I have collected from after logging in so there was no waiting for other companions to collect and restart that needed to be done. I will have to do as Willow noted as well, to provide all info necessary for support.

On a side note, has anyone else noticed any issues with collecting from Tasks after "Spiral Maintenance and Upkeep". I have my options set to "Restart Tasks", but on at least 3 occasions this option has been turned off without me doing so myself. I believe that all 3 times came after the maintenance and upkeep took place the night/early morning before. I have 2 accounts and it seems to only effects the 1st account I log in with. The morning after the upkeep, I log in and start collecting and by the time I get partially done the 1st page, I notice that the Tasks aren't automatically restarting and I have to go back into options and set back to restart. I am going to start documenting when it happens just to verify that it has happened after the Upkeep and Maintenance.

That hasn't happened to me, but I only very recently set my options to 'Restart Tasks'. I'll keep an eye on it and post if it happens to turn off by itself.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 20, 2014 wrote:

I know once that both my settings and my husband's settings had changed, but as you say, that was right after a maintenance cycle where I suspect they were working on that restart tasks thing.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the plunderin' issue, since I was beginning to look askance at my crew. Pirate is one thing; holding out on the boss is an entirely different kettle of fish!