Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Boss's Group Chests

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 18, 2009
I've been wondering what exactly the contents of Boss's Group Plunder Chests include - the main question I have is, Are the items dropped by the Group Plunder chests from boss fights still able to be dropped from a Boss's normal chest when alone? Or is the loot from the Group Plunder Chest exclusive to the Group Plunder Chest and cannot be obtained by the boss's normal chest?

Thank you!
-DH

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
There can be normal loot from GPCs (Group Plunder Chests) in addition to Doubloons. Doubloons, when used, are like an extra turn where you can attack your opponent, cause more Gold to drop, boost statistics, etc. They are very GOOD to get and use.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Zane D on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
I've been wondering what exactly the contents of Boss's Group Plunder Chests include - the main question I have is, Are the items dropped by the Group Plunder chests from boss fights still able to be dropped from a Boss's normal chest when alone? Or is the loot from the Group Plunder Chest exclusive to the Group Plunder Chest and cannot be obtained by the boss's normal chest?

Thank you!
-DH
That's a good question DH. I have encountered quite a few Boss Group Plunder Chests, while recently farming the Temple Guardians in Maruzame Castle. So far, at least, the gear that I have gotten has been gear that I have also received from their normal chests- with the exception of the Doubloons, of course. I have received the same No Auction items from GPCs from those bosses that I have also received from the normal chests.

But, that being said, I have only been farming with one other pirate so the most I have seen in those instances has been a 2 person chest. Perhaps with a 4 person Boss GPC, we may see new, Ultra Rare gear that doesn't drop from their normal chests. I would hope and think so, as it appears that it is a great enticement to encourage group play. In my experiences though, at least from the 2 lock Boss GPCs, it has just been 2 Doubloons, extra gold, 1 piece of normal gear and 1 piece of No Auction gear with a power- the last two being gear that also drops from their normal chests.

Sorry I couldn't have better news, but I hope this helps a little.

Ensign
Dec 18, 2009
I'm still looking for more information regarding this.

Developer
Here's a few rules of thumb I used when setting up the loot tables:

• 4-lock chests are better than 2-lock chests
  • Chests earned in combat are better than open-world chests
  • Chests earned from bosses are better than chests from regular enemies
At the moment, the only thing found in Group Plunder Chests that you can't find elsewhere are Doubloons. Doubloons only drop in Group Plunder chests.

As we add new content and new challenges, that may change.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Well my normal speed, permanent turtle mount came from a two lock group chest while farming Friar Sand. I forget what else was in it I got so excited about the mount.

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
Well my normal speed, permanent turtle mount came from a two lock group chest while farming Friar Sand. I forget what else was in it I got so excited about the mount.
I think what he means is that you have a better chance of getting that certain loot if you were open a 4 player group plunder chest. I guess getting a mount from a 2 group chest is much more rarer than getting one from a 4 group chest. You are so lucky!