Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Questions for Ratbeard, re: Crafting

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:
In the post "horrible boss rewards" you hinted that crafting would be coming to Pirate 101. I won't ask when; I know you don't talk schedule. But you said that we could get reagents from boss drops.
Question # 1: Will there be other ways to get reagents?
#2 : Besides personal equipment, what other items will we be able to craft?

That's all the questions I have for now. I know you're busy with a certain 'nefarious' tower ( besides other things ) Just want to say, that I'm excited by the prospect of crafting. Ki and Pirate 101 rocks!
once a minecrafter always a minecrafter XD

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I'm wondering who the 'crafty' person will be, who will give the starting quest and tutorial? I wonder what species they will be and where they'll be situated? Here we have Crimson Jake in Blood Shoals with nothing to do, maybe he can be repurposed as the craft tutor? Or maybe someone completely new? Maybe Miracle Mitch's batty wife can show up at the 'quack shack', and give us lessons?
I know its useless to ask these questions, so I hope some hints will start showing up in the up date notes.

Developer
anecorbie on Jul 18, 2014 wrote:
I'm wondering who the 'crafty' person will be, who will give the starting quest and tutorial? I wonder what species they will be and where they'll be situated? Here we have Crimson Jake in Blood Shoals with nothing to do, maybe he can be repurposed as the craft tutor? Or maybe someone completely new? Maybe Miracle Mitch's batty wife can show up at the 'quack shack', and give us lessons?
I know its useless to ask these questions, so I hope some hints will start showing up in the up date notes.
You're getting WAY ahead of yourself.

You guys have interpreted "Crafting is coming..." (which should be both obvious and innocuous) with "Crafting is coming SOON!"

Keep up the discussion (I'll definitely be watching for things you like and dislike about W101 crafting) but temper it with patience.

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
Oh lord, "Coming SOON" sounds like a non-world update. *Sigh* I might as well deal with it, Again... Then again I kinda like crafting a bit, eh, nah too much trouble huntin' down those hard-to-find/idk-where-this-is reagent. Seemingly I rather think it's not gonna be called reagent, but a more piratey way of it.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Ratbeard on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:

You guys have interpreted "Crafting is coming..." (which should be both obvious and innocuous) with "Crafting is coming SOON!"

Keep up the discussion (I'll definitely be watching for things you like and dislike about W101 crafting) but temper it with patience.
Pirates! We don't do patience!

I enjoy the crafting in W101, and hope we'll be able to make better pet snacks than are readily available. Crafting ship equipment would be delightful as well. I don't mind having to harvest reagents, but I hope the drop rates for those super-special reagents that only bosses drop are better than say, the drop rates from the insufficiently cursed Cool Ranch anythings.

I'm thinking if we are able to craft ship equipment we'll need a workbench rather than a crafting table. That should make it somewhat more flexible than the special tables for every individual kind of thing that we had to cope with in W101. Certainly I only need one workbench in my garage, where I could do lots of stuff if I were at all crafty.

I could see a workshop/workbench for ship stuff and furniture, a stove for making snacks, and a sewing corner for clothes and sails. You know that add-on housing thingy from the hoodoo bundle? I would love a workshop add-on like that, where one could place all the crafting stuff and go when one wanted to craft something.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Oookay, sorry if I jumped the gun, there, Ratbeard. I was just so excited that crafting was coming to us! There's very little I dislike about crafting in W101, except Gardening for reagents. And maybe the 'cool down' time between making items could be made shorter?

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Ratbeard on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:

But we usually assume that [insert feature here] is coming... means that it's coming soon!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
So, I do have one very minor annoyance over W101 crafting, which is, that we need 3 different crafting stations to make different things. These stations are large and take up space in our houses. Could we have just one general purpose station?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
If reagents are to be sold and bought at the bazaar I would love a limit for each sale. The buyer can make several purchases if they need more but limiting the amount would stop the greedy buyers that vulture over the bazaar and if they have a faster system they constant snap up any items and other players are constantly frustrated that the buy they just clicked on always comes up, "Sorry we are out of that item" when there were 30 at the time you clicked. It is beyond frustrating to need something when you are transmuting something to constantly have someone snatch your choice out of your shopping cart (in a manner of speaking) and leaves you with nothing but the desire to rage quit.

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
WyvernBlaze on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
Oh lord, "Coming SOON" sounds like a non-world update. *Sigh* I might as well deal with it, Again... Then again I kinda like crafting a bit, eh, nah too much trouble huntin' down those hard-to-find/idk-where-this-is reagent. Seemingly I rather think it's not gonna be called reagent, but a more piratey way of it.
What if it is a World update?

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
I hope they add the Crafting update and the new worlds in one big update. I'd hate to see crafting in one and new worlds in like 2 months.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
If reagents are to be sold and bought at the bazaar I would love a limit for each sale. The buyer can make several purchases if they need more but limiting the amount would stop the greedy buyers that vulture over the bazaar and if they have a faster system they constant snap up any items and other players are constantly frustrated that the buy they just clicked on always comes up, "Sorry we are out of that item" when there were 30 at the time you clicked. It is beyond frustrating to need something when you are transmuting something to constantly have someone snatch your choice out of your shopping cart (in a manner of speaking) and leaves you with nothing but the desire to rage quit.
Ooh, I've had that happen to me so many times! It's like, "huh, wot happened?" Maybe a limit of five items at a time, would give everyone a chance at getting that hard-to-find item.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
Ugh, I know how you feel. And the prices in Wizard101 are so high anyway I was broke in Marleybone. A trip to the Bazaar usually went something like this:

Me: *sells useless hats, boots, robes, etc.* Okay, now I'll check for scrap iron.

Bazaar: *has 23 scrap iron*

Me: Yes! *tries to buy them all for a ridiculous amount of gold*

Bazaar: I'm sorry, that item is sold out.

Me: *leaves* I am so done with this.

So yeah, a limit on the amount you could buy would be VERY nice. It would help prevent a little bit of the frustration of not being able to buy some of those harder-to-find reagents.

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
Ugh, I know how you feel. And the prices in Wizard101 are so high anyway I was broke in Marleybone. A trip to the Bazaar usually went something like this:

Me: *sells useless hats, boots, robes, etc.* Okay, now I'll check for scrap iron.

So yeah, a limit on the amount you could buy would be VERY nice. It would help prevent a little bit of the frustration of not being able to buy some of those harder-to-find reagents.
Sometimes I don't even think the Bazaar is even sorry... I think it's always happy that it runs out so quickly.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Cool so ready for crafting for gears,weapons,ship weapons,ship gears,housing items maybe ships and deeds.

But how will be similar or different from wizard101 when crafting an item ?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:

Finding scrap iron is easier if you do as I did - just change realms every few minutes while flying through MB. It takes time and a keen eye, avoid the busy and crowded realms. But eventually you will have the amount of scrap iron you need.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
Finding scrap iron is easier if you do as I did - just change realms every few minutes while flying through MB. It takes time and a keen eye, avoid the busy and crowded realms. But eventually you will have the amount of scrap iron you need.
That's exactly what I did! It still took ages though. I'm not happy that I'm going to have to send my Myth Wizard through there soon, since he's almost done with Krokotopia. Any scrap iron I find goes into my shared bank for my lower leveled wizards. Hopefully I've saved up enough!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I've been enjoying the castle block feature to W101 crafting, and I would really love to see it here. Right now I've been using the bamboo wall to partition rooms in my houses, but I'm not thrilled with the results. Could block crafting come here? Please? Of course it would be made to look more piratey and less medieval fantasy.