Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Favourite Epic Talent

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
What is your favourite epic talent? For me it has to be First Strike, because apart from long ranged attacks, you can always hit your enemy before they hit you, plus at rank 3 it adds extra damage :D, what's your favourite epic talent?

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
hmm, well i love riposte, because it does so much damage!
and vengeance strike too... and mojo echo, i could keep going on and on
and of course a lot of people will say relentless, guaranteed

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Noble Tyler Strong on May 22, 2014 wrote:
What is your favourite epic talent? For me it has to be First Strike, because apart from long ranged attacks, you can always hit your enemy before they hit you, plus at rank 3 it adds extra damage :D, what's your favourite epic talent?
First Strike and Riposte forever!

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Ripose, hold the lines, Readied spell, and the 3 extra hit epics (Burst fire, Mojo Echo, and Relentless)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I am perhaps a bit of an oddball, but I would say that mine would have to be Flanking for my Buccaneer's melee companions. It is one of the few Epic Talents that you have 100% total control over when it gets triggered and who it gets triggered against- so it is great for planning battle strategies round by round. I primarily go with an all Buccaneer crew with all three companions possessing Relentless x 3 and 1 or 2 of those having the Flanking Epic Talent. Every round you can have complete control over triggering Flanking on multiple enemies and then setting off long chains of Epics.

With careful placement and Flanking x 2, you can trigger it against multiple enemies in the same round and again it is 100% decided by you the player. It is also great to use to attack multiple enemies in the same turn, every round if you so choose. You can use the Flanking (with proper positioning) to finish off a low health enemy without using up your attacking turn and thus use the attacking turn, perhaps with a power, on another enemy- followed by, hopefully multiple relentless. Having guaranteed strike attempts against more than 1 enemy just about every turn, can be a great thing in battle.

Of course one's favorite Epic surely may change based on what enemies you are facing. And some Epic Talents are less useful against different class enemies. Vengeance Strike, First Strike and Riposte are Epic against melee enemies, but don't really do you any good against Witchdoctors or Musketeers using ranged attacks. Those 3 Epic Talents won't trigger against those kind of attacks. So, that's another reason why I like Flanking- because it works against all class enemies and is triggered equally against every class no matter what type of attacks they possess.

It took me a while to warm up to Flanking and to fully understand it's benefits, but now I absolutely can't leave home without it!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I'm with Valkoor, for the reasons he states. Flanking is my favorite melee talent - nice and dependable.

-Indigo