Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why can't we change our flags?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 11, 2012
Does anyone else have a hideous flag on one of their characters? I myself have a musketeer with horrible flag colors that looks even worse on companions I stopped going on my musket for this reason. It was my first character I ever made and I didn't know what colors you chose would influence the game so much. Does anyone else agree we should be able to change our flags?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
awesomeness756 on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:
Does anyone else have a hideous flag on one of their characters? I myself have a musketeer with horrible flag colors that looks even worse on companions I stopped going on my musket for this reason. It was my first character I ever made and I didn't know what colors you chose would influence the game so much. Does anyone else agree we should be able to change our flags?
Oh we sure do and that particular request in in the commonly requested items. The guys at KI say that they are working on it and hear us loud and clear. It's just that the current updates and new books are a little more on the front burners right now. I know if we are patient, they will eventually get to it.

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
Heh, what's the appalling flag colors did you choose? Is it really that bad that you abandoned your Musketeer?

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
Yes. I really want to change my flag. I mean, when my sister first introduced me to this game, I though I wouldn't get addicted, but I did, so I chose random colors. I hate the red and orange combinations on my witchdoctor. I wish I chose purple and green.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
RyeKishatu2013 on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:
Yes. I really want to change my flag. I mean, when my sister first introduced me to this game, I though I wouldn't get addicted, but I did, so I chose random colors. I hate the red and orange combinations on my witchdoctor. I wish I chose purple and green.
Red & Orange? x shudders x I kinda see what you mean. Although for a witchdoctor......ya know they are bad enough to carry it.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
I like white and orange. So I think I chose good. But if it's the clothing color that's your problem you can dye it at outlaws outfitter in skull island, it's by Ryan and in front of the bazaar. And if you want to sell some gear that you can't sell at the bazaar I suggest you do it there. And you may get a bit more money for that aquilan boat gear at the guy on top of the platform at the docks.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
red and orange? ouch! I shouldn't talk though, I choose blue and lime green!

Ensign
Nov 01, 2012
Whoa, purple and green is my WDs flag LOL. Yeah I wish I didn't pick standard colors for my PT...

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I'm pretty sure KI is already working on this, it's something allot of players have been asking for, but it will definitely take some time considering that changing your flag means changing the uniform of ALL your companions x. x

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
That's a great idea, when i first created my characters I just randomly pick the symbols and colors all my character's flag.I thought i am just here for the free zone only,but it turned out I really enjoyed the storyline and got into pirating adventures since then. I really need to redesign some of my pirate's flag.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
TheDragonspyrePira... on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:
I like white and orange. So I think I chose good. But if it's the clothing color that's your problem you can dye it at outlaws outfitter in skull island, it's by Ryan and in front of the bazaar. And if you want to sell some gear that you can't sell at the bazaar I suggest you do it there. And you may get a bit more money for that aquilan boat gear at the guy on top of the platform at the docks.
I do dye my clothes. I don't like it on my companions. Maybe only on Bonnie Anne.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
One thing I do wish -- and maybe they've already done it -- is that they'd shown us on a puppet what that particular color pattern would look like on clothes. Somebody I know chose pink and black for his necromancer, but the pink ended up being the main color, so the entire crew is awfully Barbie-ish. The pink batacuda is particularly painful to look at, and El Toro... It makes my color choices look brilliant (instead of being dumb luck) in contrast.