Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

no trade, the WRONG side of it

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Hello everyone, I am here just making a new topic about everyone who HAS received a no trade, no auction item.
Mine is the black snake quiver (no trade/no auction gives return fire) on my privateer (want it going to my musketeer)

feel free to join me and expressing what item you got on which pirate, and who you want it going TO..

maybe we can make something out of all of this

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Logan Sharp on Mar 9, 2014 wrote:
Hello everyone, I am here just making a new topic about everyone who HAS received a no trade, no auction item.
Mine is the black snake quiver (no trade/no auction gives return fire) on my privateer (want it going to my musketeer)

feel free to join me and expressing what item you got on which pirate, and who you want it going TO..

Those kind of rare things are designed to be something a pirate can use only if they worked for it. The are like a badge of honor. No one can give it to you. If you see a pirate with one you know they worked for it by getting that rare item from a tough boss. Some things cannot be given or shared, you can only get it by working for it. Then when you use it it tells others that you know the game well enough to work hard at something to get the reward. If it was all able to be shared or sold to be bought by someone with a lot of gold then it would no longer be rare and worth as much. The sweat of your brow should not always be something that can be bought or given. You earned it, it's yours so wear it proudly.

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 10, 2014 wrote:
Those kind of rare things are designed to be something a pirate can use only if they worked for it. The are like a badge of honor. No one can give it to you. If you see a pirate with one you know they worked for it by getting that rare item from a tough boss. Some things cannot be given or shared, you can only get it by working for it. Then when you use it it tells others that you know the game well enough to work hard at something to get the reward. If it was all able to be shared or sold to be bought by someone with a lot of gold then it would no longer be rare and worth as much. The sweat of your brow should not always be something that can be bought or given. You earned it, it's yours so wear it proudly.
I believe you may have misunderstood him. At no point did he suggest the auctioning of no auction items. I entirely agree with working to earn, but his point is that he DID work for it. The hours that go into farming are experienced by YOU. Not your privateer or musketeer. I think no trade between characters on the same account is a redundant concept.

I got Captain Blood's Hook - gives repel boarders - on my musketeer, wanted to give it to my buck.

Phule's Medallion - gives mojo blade - wanted to give it to my witch, stuck on my .

Umpteen Friar Sand's Gourds - gives leviathan's call - would have enough to round, except they're all stuck on my and .

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
I got a Manticore's sting with repel boarders. Unfortunately, it was on my Witchdoctor class. I tried to work with it but my class couldn't take the barrage of First Strikes and Vengeance Strike. Sold it on the black market the next day.

Before that, I managed to get a Friar Sand's Medallion with the unique ability to call a Lagooney. I thought it was neat but with critical one exception: I can't stand the screams and the cries from the Lagoonies( if that is right). It's like a lion roaring with a sore throat. Doesn't sit well with my ears. Since I decided not to reduce the universal music because of this creature, the medallion is sitting inside my bank, pleading for a second chance.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
Just put those rare items in shared bank and get it in your other pirate's chest.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 10, 2014 wrote:
this is true, most of the stuff shouldn't be auctioned, but at least TRADEABLE!!!

someone said, congrats man! that's an achievement, even if its not on the correct pirate.
well sadly, its not an "achievement" at all. Why should I use an item that doesn't even correlate to my class?
so my "achievement" means switching my gear, JUST to fit its requirements. I'm a melee, not someone who sits behind waiting for a ranged enemy to MISS (which is rare anyway considering their MARKSMAN), only for the epic "return fire" to be used. so this is useless to me. THATS what I am saying, and I a sorry to say, I CANT wear this proudly because I'm not a ranged privateer, I'm melee, we have repel boarders, MELEE talent.

Thanks for your feedback though, I understand that the item is very rare, but its even MORE rare to see a ranged privateer if you think about it.

sorry if I sounded harsh on the reply, this is NOT directed to you in any way, just upset the item is useless on the pirate who has it

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
N1ckee on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:
I believe you may have misunderstood him. At no point did he suggest the auctioning of no auction items. I entirely agree with working to earn, but his point is that he DID work for it. The hours that go into farming are experienced by YOU. Not your privateer or musketeer. I think no trade between characters on the same account is a redundant concept.

I got Captain Blood's Hook - gives repel boarders - on my musketeer, wanted to give it to my buck.

Phule's Medallion - gives mojo blade - wanted to give it to my witch, stuck on my .

Umpteen Friar Sand's Gourds - gives leviathan's call - would have enough to round, except they're all stuck on my and .
Thanks for highlighting out the key ideas to my statement

also thanks for expressing what you have and where it wants to go. I am just trying to show KI that
the community has many problems with these NO TRADE items and they can feel free to post what they have here.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
RyeKishatu2013 on Mar 12, 2014 wrote:
Just put those rare items in shared bank and get it in your other pirate's chest.
i dont think you understand the entire idea of this thread.... NO TRADE, as in you cant put the item in the chest for your other pirates... lol

Community Leader
I know my witchdoctor got a real cool drop of a melee weapon from the final bosses in Mooshu, unfortunately its No Trade, and no matter how cool it may be that I "earned" it, I cannot do anything with it, using it on my witchdoctor would hamper him, as its attributes do not match those of a decent witchdoctor.

Alas this melee weapon sits in my bank... useless because its No Trade. My buccaneer would love it, but alas, all my work to earn something I cannot use... Makes one question the purpose of their efforts, doesn't it?

Sorry I don't have the exact item names, etc. Don't have access to the game here to confirm them, but know the issue quite well otherwise. (its even possible this has since been corrected, I just remember this particular issue as the "no trade" hampered my progress in that case)

Love the game, I play through/past these things, but I think it would be a major improvement if such circumstances were adjusted making the game more fun for players and motivating them to push on for better gear, etc.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Dr Zeppers on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
I know my witchdoctor got a real cool drop of a melee weapon from the final bosses in Mooshu, unfortunately its No Trade, and no matter how cool it may be that I "earned" it, I cannot do anything with it, using it on my witchdoctor would hamper him, as its attributes do not match those of a decent witchdoctor.

Alas this melee weapon sits in my bank... useless because its No Trade. My buccaneer would love it, but alas, all my work to earn something I cannot use... Makes one question the purpose of their efforts, doesn't it?

Sorry I don't have the exact item names, etc. Don't have access to the game here to confirm them, but know the issue quite well otherwise. (its even possible this has since been corrected, I just remember this particular issue as the "no trade" hampered my progress in that case)

Love the game, I play through/past these things, but I think it would be a major improvement if such circumstances were adjusted making the game more fun for players and motivating them to push on for better gear, etc.
hmm, you actually got me wondering, why does KingsIsle keep the decision to keep no trade items in the first place? I don't hear people going " AWESOME! no trade item I cant use! sweet!" all I hear is more and more complaints.

KingsIsle, if your reading this, just think of all the HAPPY PIRATES you will have if you ever decide to remove the no trade because of the failed "major achievements" pirates have occurred over their time playing.

note: removing no trade doesn't affect the items rarity in any way,
1: it doesn't change the drop rate.
2: it doesn't change the way the game works,

in fact, I can think of more positives.

1: the item becomes USEFUL because it can be used on the correct pirate
2: you can wear it with pride for the pirate who uses it
3: your "major achievement" factor finally becomes TRUE
4:all that time farming for the item (or dumb luck) actually PAYS OFF now
5:you will have a lot LESS angry people asking about removing no trade I'm one of them
6:you can farm on ANY pirate for a specific item rather than a specific CLASS for the item

as you can see, removing no trade helps this community WAY more than it harms it, so what do you say Ratbeard? can you throw me and the entire P101 community a bone here?

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
And the point is we can trade it, and then we can actually USE it as a "badge of honor!" We have earned it why do we have to spend 10 minutes and get it on one but then farm for days not getting it on another.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
Logan Sharp on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
i dont think you understand the entire idea of this thread.... NO TRADE, as in you cant put the item in the chest for your other pirates... lol
Oh! Now I get what "No Trade" means, even though I don't really care about sharing with my other characters- except for the reindeer pet my sister wanted.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
RyeKishatu2013 on Mar 12, 2014 wrote:
(facepalm) You can't put no trade items in the shared bank.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I think I have come up with a solution. When you recieve a no trade item, you can choose which character can get it. After you have chosen your character that receives the item, you can't swap the no trade item again.

I also don't mind if Jack merges my thread into this one, since Logan started it earlier.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Golden Guardian on Mar 14, 2014 wrote:
I think I have come up with a solution. When you recieve a no trade item, you can choose which character can get it. After you have chosen your character that receives the item, you can't swap the no trade item again.

I also don't mind if Jack merges my thread into this one, since Logan started it earlier.
Definitely a thumbs up for this idea!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
As you can tell by my yars you have convinced me.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Golden Guardian on Mar 14, 2014 wrote:

I actually think that is a great idea as well and I too get frustrated when I have a fantastic piece of gear that I can't use or trade to one of my other pirates. But...that being said, I do have one point that I would like to make.

Now call me weird or a glutton for punishment- but I actually don't mind not getting everything that I want in regards to gear and not being able to trade between my pirates...even though I am still irritated at times. I may be the only here that thinks this way but I think that it is completely OK not having it all work out perfectly or just the way that I want it to. Now, do I want that specific piece of gear for a specific...you bet your hook I do. But I'm also OK with it if I don't get it.

I try to instill in my children that you can't always get everything that you want and have all things go your way all the time. I don't believe that the world works that way and that it should for that matter. I know that it is just a game, but I still believe that I don't need to get everything I want, for every pirate I have- just because I want it and have worked hard for it. There have been things in my life that I have worked very hard for and I have been handsomely rewarded...but, some things have still remained just out of reach. But that's OK because it just makes me work that much harder or concentrate on something else that may be more important and valuable to me.

I know that this is a bit different because you are at the mercy of the drop tables & odds and somewhat out of your control, but I personally don't feel that it is right if I got every single thing that I wanted for every pirate. Then we all surely (well, more than likely) would have the exact same gear and their would not be much difference between my pirate, your pirate or anyone else's pirate. If I want something specific for my buccaneer pirate, I will farm for it until I get it- same for my other classes. Farming keeps us playing the game and interacting with other players (especially if you are like me and aren't into the PvP aspect of the game as much).

But I know that there may be a greater demand for that 'OOH! & AHH!' piece of gear for those that do a lot of PvP. Also, I think that if we all were able to, in essence, delegate which pirate received current No Trade gear, the Spiral would be a whole lot emptier. Not much need to continue countless hours of farming if we have everything we want for all of our pirates. The current system seems to keep more people logged in, desperately mad in their attempts to find that elusive piece of 'gotta have it' gear, whether for PvP or just for storyline gameplay itself.

So again, I absolutely do think that you have a great idea and it would surely ease a lot of player frustrations if it were implemented. I would definitely embrace it but, I personally don't mind if everything doesn't fall perfectly in place in regards to my pirates' gear and therefore don't mind too much how things currently are.

Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2009
I totally Agree with the side of this No Trade folly; its infuriating to the point of stopping farming all together. Its actually vexing when you know that this item that you obtained could have been put to good use if their wasn't a seeming trivial and fatuous rule about "major achievement per character".

I understand limiting exploitation, I understand locking away the ability to give friends valuable items, But I Cant understand this. I have made a few fan games in the past and I still do, I totally get Major Achievements that should not be able to be bartered and traded without regard for its sheer value.

What antagonizes me, is that its bound by "Character" and not "Human". It just makes no sense. Its us the players that get frustrated after spending days farming and farming only to get a No Trade Item. And its us, the player, that owns these characters anyway.

I cannot see the logic behind binding the achievement's value to a bundle of colorful pixels controlled by emotionless 0's and 1's and managed by complex algorithms that have no feelings; not to mention all the time in the world. While we players have to who TRULY, worked for the item, have nothing to show for it unless we go on that character and farm. Oh, and did I mention that new character has like a 5% chance of getting another different NO Trade item they cannot use, and an even smaller chance of getting the intended loot?

Wrong is Right...

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Xiriganism on Mar 14, 2014 wrote:
I totally Agree with the side of this No Trade folly; its infuriating to the point of stopping farming all together. Its actually vexing when you know that this item that you obtained could have been put to good use if their wasn't a seeming trivial and fatuous rule about "major achievement per character".

I understand limiting exploitation, I understand locking away the ability to give friends valuable items, But I Cant understand this. I have made a few fan games in the past and I still do, I totally get Major Achievements that should not be able to be bartered and traded without regard for its sheer value.

What antagonizes me, is that its bound by "Character" and not "Human". It just makes no sense. Its us the players that get frustrated after spending days farming and farming only to get a No Trade Item. And its us, the player, that owns these characters anyway.

I cannot see the logic behind binding the achievement's value to a bundle of colorful pixels controlled by emotionless 0's and 1's and managed by complex algorithms that have no feelings; not to mention all the time in the world. While we players have to who TRULY, worked for the item, have nothing to show for it unless we go on that character and farm. Oh, and did I mention that new character has like a 5% chance of getting another different NO Trade item they cannot use, and an even smaller chance of getting the intended loot?

Wrong is Right...
*sniff* beautiful :')

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Mar 14, 2014 wrote:
I actually think that is a great idea as well and I too get frustrated when I have a fantastic piece of gear that I can't use or trade to one of my other pirates. But...that being said, I do have one point that I would like to make.

Now call me weird or a glutton for punishment- but I actually don't mind not getting everything that I want in regards to gear and not being able to trade between my pirates...even though I am still irritated at times. I may be the only here that thinks this way but I think that it is completely OK not having it all work out perfectly or just the way that I want it to. Now, do I want that specific piece of gear for a specific...you bet your hook I do. But I'm also OK with it if I don't get it.

I try to instill in my children that you can't always get everything that you want and have all things go your way all the time. I don't believe that the world works that way and that it should for that matter. I know that it is just a game, but I still believe that I don't need to get everything I want, for every pirate I have- just because I want it and have worked hard for it. There have been things in my life that I have worked very hard for and I have been handsomely rewarded...but, some things have still remained just out of reach. But that's OK because it just makes me work that much harder or concentrate on something else that may be more important and valuable to me.

I know that this is a bit different because you are at the mercy of the drop tables & odds and somewhat out of your control, but I personally don't feel that it is right if I got every single thing that I wanted for every pirate. Then we all surely (well, more than likely) would have the exact same gear and their would not be much difference between my pirate, your pirate or anyone else's pirate. If I want something specific for my buccaneer pirate, I will farm for it until I get it- same for my other classes. Farming keeps us playing the game and interacting with other players (especially if you are like me and aren't into the PvP aspect of the game as much).

But I know that there may be a greater demand for that 'OOH! & AHH!' piece of gear for those that do a lot of PvP. Also, I think that if we all were able to, in essence, delegate which pirate received current No Trade gear, the Spiral would be a whole lot emptier. Not much need to continue countless hours of farming if we have everything we want for all of our pirates. The current system seems to keep more people logged in, desperately mad in their attempts to find that elusive piece of 'gotta have it' gear, whether for PvP or just for storyline gameplay itself.

So again, I absolutely do think that you have a great idea and it would surely ease a lot of player frustrations if it were implemented. I would definitely embrace it but, I personally don't mind if everything doesn't fall perfectly in place in regards to my pirates' gear and therefore don't mind too much how things currently are.
Great point Valkoor and very well received. I couldn't have said it better myself and my heart just feels right about this.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010

This is a lot like an item I received from Pariss, in the dungeon "Snake Pit". I too have it on my Privateer account and want to give it to my Musketeer account, it would obviously be the sensible thing to do considering my Musketeer is the only one who ever uses a gun.
The Totem I received was call the "Prince of Illios Quiver", and I must say, it is quite helpful. It gives the epic/ability Burst Fire.
You cannot auction/trade it.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010

This is somewhat the same to what happened to me! I received an item called the "Prince of Illios Quiver" from Pariss, from the dungeon "Snake Pit". This Totem was received on my Privateer account. I want to give it to my Musketeer account, obviously it would seem like the sensible thing to do, considering my Musketeer account is the only one who ever uses a gun. The Item is has no auction/trade. The Item also gives Burst Fire!

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
1Of1Musketeer on Apr 18, 2014 wrote:
This is a lot like an item I received from Pariss, in the dungeon "Snake Pit". I too have it on my Privateer account and want to give it to my Musketeer account, it would obviously be the sensible thing to do considering my Musketeer is the only one who ever uses a gun.
The Totem I received was call the "Prince of Illios Quiver", and I must say, it is quite helpful. It gives the epic/ability Burst Fire.
You cannot auction/trade it.
i have been trying to get that quiver FOREVER...I was very upset when I wasted 1 month farming for it and coming up unsuccessful :(....

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Logan Sharp on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
i have been trying to get that quiver FOREVER...I was very upset when I wasted 1 month farming for it and coming up unsuccessful :(....
I hear ya logan. It can be frustrating at times. I too have it but of course not on my Musketeer.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
Logan Sharp on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
I hope you get that quiver soon, an I also hope I get it on my Musketeer file soon too.