Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Just Stop

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 17, 2010
OK, so my main pirate is a witchdoctor, low health with a lot of ranged attacks. I have been called weak, wimpy, scared, and other far more rude things while in PVPs. Their reasoning behind this is because I send my companions out into the thick of battle while I stay behind them and hit from far away while buffing up my companions.
The fact that this happens constantly has really ruined PVP for me. I used to love it so much, now it's just another thing that upsets me. I have been battling with multiple mental health issues and Pirate101 is one way I can really get away from them, but this name calling and general rudeness in PVP drives me into the ground. So my message: Just stop, you have no idea about the person behind the screen and what goes on in their lives outside of Pirate101.

Hannah Ironside Level 65
Level 11
Level 5

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Horrorstar on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
OK, so my main pirate is a witchdoctor, low health with a lot of ranged attacks. I have been called weak, wimpy, scared, and other far more rude things while in PVPs. Their reasoning behind this is because I send my companions out into the thick of battle while I stay behind them and hit from far away while buffing up my companions.
The fact that this happens constantly has really ruined PVP for me. I used to love it so much, now it's just another thing that upsets me. I have been battling with multiple mental health issues and Pirate101 is one way I can really get away from them, but this name calling and general rudeness in PVP drives me into the ground. So my message: Just stop, you have no idea about the person behind the screen and what goes on in their lives outside of Pirate101.

Hannah Ironside Level 65
Level 11
Level 5
Welcome to the message boards Horrorstar, or Hannah. You have made a very valid point. If someone you are fighting is being abusive then just click on their name and then click 'Ignore' then you will no longer see their comments. The privateers main strength is doing just what you are doing. Staying back and buffing and healing your crew so that they can fight better. Those bullies know that a privateer doesn't have have much in the way of shielding so they are only doing this to taunt you out where they can easily take you out. You do what you do best and fight the way you know where your strengths are. Don't listen to the bullies trying to make fun of you for doing the smart thing. If they are not being nice then when you put them on ignore you will have a peaceful fight where I suspect you and your fine crew will mop up the hall with them. Stand your ground and use your strengths. You don't have to take any of their guff.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
A lot of these people who are in the pvp arenas use it to boost their own egos. I don't like it myself either. If you enjoy the pvp do it with your friends or organize events in other realms away from these mean characters. Then you can focus on fun and not have to deal with their rudeness.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
Welcome to the message boards Horrorstar, or Hannah. You have made a very valid point. If someone you are fighting is being abusive then just click on their name and then click 'Ignore' then you will no longer see their comments. The privateers main strength is doing just what you are doing. Staying back and buffing and healing your crew so that they can fight better. Those bullies know that a privateer doesn't have have much in the way of shielding so they are only doing this to taunt you out where they can easily take you out. You do what you do best and fight the way you know where your strengths are. Don't listen to the bullies trying to make fun of you for doing the smart thing. If they are not being nice then when you put them on ignore you will have a peaceful fight where I suspect you and your fine crew will mop up the hall with them. Stand your ground and use your strengths. You don't have to take any of their guff.
He/She's a witchdoctor...

Captain
May 13, 2011
remember: you can ignore them if they want to. this isnt real life where people can push you away or hang you by your shirt. those are words which can literally be ignored. even if they threaten to kill you or tell you to quit, they cant do anything. a cyberbullys worst nightmare is one who doesnt listen to them

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Some people are way too competitive when it comes to pvp. What they say is to just get to you and lose focus on your strategy. Literally at just the click of a button you can spare yourself the stress from people like this. The ignore button can be your best friend.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DeathWiz101378 on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
He/She's a witchdoctor...
Thank you for catching that Deathwiz. My apologies to Hannah. I saw the words buffing up my companions and my brain jumped to privateer. Same advice goes though for a witchdoctor. You do what you know are your strengths and just ignore them if they don't like it.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I'd love to charm him hahaha then mournsong him it must be a buccaneer he is just worried you would beat him hahah

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013

Hannah Ironside Level 65
Level 11
Level 5
sry to hear you've been bullied in pvp but if they keep on doing it just use the handy dandy (been in cool ranch to long) ignore button do whatever works for you (and for you people wondering out there i'm in mooshu now ;P)

logan 54

Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2012
well hannah i know how you feel i'm a privateer i just stand back hit my foes with bombs and support my team while people are calling me scared and coward they are just cyber bullies and jealous that you can do all of those magic spells just ignore them and if they pick on you then report them to the admin

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
On the internet, a thick skin is a must. Yeah, there are comments that can infuriate you but don't let the words spoil your fun. Like the others said, block and ignore any pirate who's making rude comments about how you PvP and try to have fun again.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
They are obviously jealous and infuriated that all you have to do is stand and use awesome hoodoo and buff your companions, and it sounds like you have trained your companions well :P

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 21, 2014 wrote:
I'd love to charm him hahaha then mournsong him it must be a buccaneer he is just worried you would beat him hahah
I personally don't like when people just jump to the conclusion that if someone is bad at pvp there a buccaneer. I admit we're not the best but we're not the worst either. No one is better than the other. It depends on how you train your companions, who you choose, what you've learned and most importantly your style of fighting. A buccaneer could beat a privateer if the Lvl up his companions and gives them good epics and also buffs his companions. On the other hand the privateer might just put whoever is new up first. His best ones could be a major lvl difference and his style might not be to buff as much and focus on attacking. In the end the buccaneer would probably win because his companions are high lvl, got good power triggers and have some buffs to keep them in. It also can depend on how you use your class and others. If a buccaneer has a wide assortment of classes (which I do) he is pretty well rounded and will be harder to kill then someone who only sticks to an additional one from his original. To name a few I can set traps, heal and buff, have extra health and damage, and cast a few spells. If you do ever see me in Battle look over to my talents all my talents are mostly rank three and like one or two a two. So it's not really about what class you are it's about how you play the game. (I swear my talent thing is almost bursting full and I've learned every combat talent everyone can get plus the buccaneer ones) and by talents I mean like vengeance strike and pirate.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheDragonspyrePira... on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
I personally don't like when people just jump to the conclusion that if someone is bad at pvp there a buccaneer. I admit we're not the best but we're not the worst either. No one is better than the other. It depends on how you train your companions, who you choose, what you've learned and most importantly your style of fighting. A buccaneer could beat a privateer if the Lvl up his companions and gives them good epics and also buffs his companions. On the other hand the privateer might just put whoever is new up first. His best ones could be a major lvl difference and his style might not be to buff as much and focus on attacking. In the end the buccaneer would probably win because his companions are high lvl, got good power triggers and have some buffs to keep them in. It also can depend on how you use your class and others. If a buccaneer has a wide assortment of classes (which I do) he is pretty well rounded and will be harder to kill then someone who only sticks to an additional one from his original. To name a few I can set traps, heal and buff, have extra health and damage, and cast a few spells. If you do ever see me in Battle look over to my talents all my talents are mostly rank three and like one or two a two. So it's not really about what class you are it's about how you play the game. (I swear my talent thing is almost bursting full and I've learned every combat talent everyone can get plus the buccaneer ones) and by talents I mean like vengeance strike and pirate.
Yes, never discount a buccaneer, I have a healthy respect for all classes in pvp. They were insulting you because you were ruining their egos; obviously they underestimated you. BTW getting an opponent to underestimate you is a brilliant tactic and one of the reasons why I use stitching so much ( I even stitched my Blades of Shade )

Petty Officer
May 18, 2013
I just use increased criticals +2 and increased criticals +1 to keep getting epic hits then when I kill El Toro or Bonnie Anne or Zeena then they'll stay quiet when they see what I'm made of what you need is to keep using buffs and keep ignoring and never give up and try to put true grit 3 on a musketeer to stun these people so they'll be quiet or use vengence strike 3.

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014
I agree, some people in the PvP arena are really rude to boost their own ego. And I see a lot of Swashbucklers in the PvP arena which tent to be so arrogant of their class. Like that time I was in a pvp arena and then some rude people said "musketeers soak" and "swashbucklers are the best". No class is the best. They're all good, and they all have their goods and bads.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Yes as,a witchdoctor also I was picked picked espically during a quest. Someone made a rude comment saying " I don't like your kind, go away." That happened to me but in a rear circumstances, so sad that some players have to ruin it for everyone.

If anyone is making a bad remarks ,use the ignore button, ignore thire comments or try to reason with the player that what i do. Report the player only if it's the last resort.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010

Hannah Ironside Level 65
Level 11
Level 5
This is why I don't do PvP. Even though I am max level, it isn't fun anymore with all these mean people that have called me weak.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Yeah, this is why I NEVER PvP. Some people on there are REAL jerks. I mostly farm for gear, because while they're goofing off and calling each other idiotic names, I'm getting ready for the next world/update. I was told my Chrissy that with the sheer amount of boss gear I have collected, I would be a threat in PvP, but I didn't want to try it......and then I gave in. I rarely do PvP, but when I do, the person I face is angry over how I beat their perfect Buccaneer build or Swash build with my cobbled-together Musketeer. However, nearly every time I am challenged in PvP, I win. I have had MANY people say I am weak and wimpy because I use OP boss gear and special moves that it gives me. It's just SKILL peoples! The gear is only a small factor! This game was made for those who like strategy, and the people who aren't good at strategy in PvP are normally the ones bossing the REAL masters around. Then, once they're beaten, they start saying that you hacked or cheated in some random way. Personally, I was hoping PvP wouldn't find its way to Skull Island.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
warriorscreed on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
Yeah, this is why I NEVER PvP. Some people on there are REAL jerks. I mostly farm for gear, because while they're goofing off and calling each other idiotic names, I'm getting ready for the next world/update. I was told my Chrissy that with the sheer amount of boss gear I have collected, I would be a threat in PvP, but I didn't want to try it......and then I gave in. I rarely do PvP, but when I do, the person I face is angry over how I beat their perfect Buccaneer build or Swash build with my cobbled-together Musketeer. However, nearly every time I am challenged in PvP, I win. I have had MANY people say I am weak and wimpy because I use OP boss gear and special moves that it gives me. It's just SKILL peoples! The gear is only a small factor! This game was made for those who like strategy, and the people who aren't good at strategy in PvP are normally the ones bossing the REAL masters around. Then, once they're beaten, they start saying that you hacked or cheated in some random way. Personally, I was hoping PvP wouldn't find its way to Skull Island.
By saying this I assume you are ok if people use nausica against you instead of complaining about how OP she is against muskets

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
This happened to me this morning: a friend wanted a 2v2 pvp match and invited me. Well as we were waiting the count down, at the last minute one of them leaves my side and joins the others! So 3v1 and we are all max level swashies. Well, you can imagine how it ended. No I didn't win, I'm good but not that good ( that was a joke ). I lost. As I was saying "gg", one of them ran up to me and said "Ha! In your face!" Excuse me? You have to brag over a win with superior numbers? He wasn't my friend, but a friend of my friend. If I fight him again, I'll teach him a lesson in manners!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
By saying this I assume you are ok if people use nausica against you instead of complaining about how OP she is against muskets
Yeah, I'm fine with it! It doesn't matter how OP she is! I will face her just the same.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
warriorscreed on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
I am also currently collecting boss gear (maybe a few armada elite gear pieces... already every personal gear they have.) I could be considered a threat but it depends, I myself don't pvp because of people being jerks, if I do its between CLOSE FREINDES if I don't know a friend that well (I only know like one or two that I can think off the top of my head) I don't pvp him, ask your self this "if I were to pvp someone who was begging to pvp and you were going to do the nice thing and pvp him and you win and he gets all mad and calls you things and gets plain rude is it worth it?" im not calling everyone this and not everyone is, theres lots of people that play pirate101 theres pretty high chances that there are allot of nice pvp players. I once pvped a friend, I didn't move at all not once, she was a swashbuckler I as you know am a buccaneer, believe it or not I beat her, she didn't fuss, she didn't get mad, she didn't call me names, guess what she did, LAUGHED, not at me but at herself, then I laughed not at her but at the situation. and I think we can both agree that how I beat her was funny, and she learned a lesson there (so did I) fear Titus (my eagle hoplite) my lesson there was its better to pvp between friends, and probably best at a house that has pvp, it has one on one. but the lesson here is
1 if you want you can pvp at the pvp house in skull island, not everyone's a jerk but be prepared
2 if you have a close friend pvp with them at a house one on one, and It wont end up In some mean words, unless your close friends are mean, I suggest get new friends
3 not everyone's a jerk don't label every player with one brush
4 just because someone has good boss gear and wins you don't have to complain and be a jerk, get your own. like the grizzlesaga says there's no meal for a lazy wolf

-jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

Ensign
Feb 08, 2013
The bullies need to understand that all classes use a different strategy. Playing witchdoctor requires one to usually stay back and use long ranged attacks. There is a difference between bravery and stupidity.

Ensign
Feb 08, 2013
Also, don't let jerks discourage you, in the words of Mahatma Gandhi,"strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." Plus, if theyy really want you to do a physical fight, just run up to them and mojo blade/reaver them in the face.

Dark William Atherton(will not post level as it grows higher each day through rigorous gameplay)