Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Mysteries in Captain Avery's office...

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Have any of you looked around at captain avery's office recently? It seems so full of suprises and secrets. I found some interesting stuff out:

• Each corner of the room represents 1 world. The worlds represented are Mooshu, Aquila, Marleybone and Polaris.
  • In the Marleybone corner (front-left), there seems to be a photo of the commodore without his cap
  • The blue polarian flags can be seen
  • A mysterious map hangs in the wall in the centre-front of his room (No, its not the map to el dorado). But I wonder what it could be?
What other interesting stuff have you seen in Avery's office?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Golden Guardian on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
Have any of you looked around at captain avery's office recently? It seems so full of suprises and secrets. I found some interesting stuff out:

• Each corner of the room represents 1 world. The worlds represented are Mooshu, Aquila, Marleybone and Polaris.
  • In the Marleybone corner (front-left), there seems to be a photo of the commodore without his cap
  • A mysterious map hangs in the wall in the centre-front of his room (No, its not the map to el dorado). But I wonder what it could be?
Good Call there. I too have wandered around in there and checked out all the stuff and wondered if they were clues or sneak peeks placed there for us or are they memoirs from Avery that we just haven't heard about yet. So many things that must have really wonderful stories behind them. Yea I know it could just be the imagination of the set dresser here but knowing about the subtle things Blind Mew loves to insert into the plot I seriously doubt it.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010

Well Captain Avery is a collector of sorts so he has lots of neat treasures lying around. Although the parrot seems suspicious o. o

Keep Swashbuckling

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

Nice idea for a thread- one that could be spread to uncover and explore other locations in the Spiral.

As for in Avery's office, the first thing I noticed, was discovered by my pirate looking up- which, with myself being a carpenter and working in the construction industry, is something I always do when entering into a new structure. Because I love to admire the fine work and architecture that the craftsmen (and craftswomen) and artisans have created.

That being said, what I first noticed was that Avery's office is in serious need of roof repairs- there are water stains all over! Naturally, this is something I would be willing to offer my services for.

After that I found the 2 pictures of Napoleguin rather interesting- especially the one where it is of just his torso, almost as if to focus on the medallion around his neck. Interesting.

Then I took a liking to the Shoji room dividers which appeared to have beautiful renditions of Maruzame castle, or at least one of the Guardian's temples on them (I may be wrong about that though).

Another thing I rather enjoyed was the Bone in the Bottle on one of the stands- I believe the back left corner.
How they got that thing in there is beyond me.

I wondered about the animal crate or cage that was to the left when you first enter the office. I'm guessing that maybe it was the temporary home of some type of eagle perhaps- due to the large eggs and nests on the floor and the eagle insignia on the Aquilan items around it. Or maybe the chicken from the Great JuJu power!

Why does the parrot on Avery's shoulder have what appears to be a collar or charm with a bone on it?

And lastly who is trying to cover something up by burning something in the fireplace- just what did they burn and why?

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2013
Just a guess since the pattern is of the room decorating is Mooshu, Marleybone, Aquila, and polaris we have been to all worlds but polaris so that is another reason why the next world COULD be polaris.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
Nice idea for a thread- one that could be spread to uncover and explore other locations in the Spiral.

As for in Avery's office, the first thing I noticed, was discovered by my pirate looking up- which, with myself being a carpenter and working in the construction industry, is something I always do when entering into a new structure. Because I love to admire the fine work and architecture that the craftsmen (and craftswomen) and artisans have created.

That being said, what I first noticed was that Avery's office is in serious need of roof repairs- there are water stains all over! Naturally, this is something I would be willing to offer my services for.

After that I found the 2 pictures of Napoleguin rather interesting- especially the one where it is of just his torso, almost as if to focus on the medallion around his neck. Interesting.

Then I took a liking to the Shoji room dividers which appeared to have beautiful renditions of Maruzame castle, or at least one of the Guardian's temples on them (I may be wrong about that though).

Another thing I rather enjoyed was the Bone in the Bottle on one of the stands- I believe the back left corner.
How they got that thing in there is beyond me.

I wondered about the animal crate or cage that was to the left when you first enter the office. I'm guessing that maybe it was the temporary home of some type of eagle perhaps- due to the large eggs and nests on the floor and the eagle insignia on the Aquilan items around it. Or maybe the chicken from the Great JuJu power!

Why does the parrot on Avery's shoulder have what appears to be a collar or charm with a bone on it?

And lastly who is trying to cover something up by burning something in the fireplace- just what did they burn and why?
Wow I totally missed the stuff in the fireplace. Great attention to detail.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
Wow I totally missed the stuff in the fireplace. Great attention to detail.
Thanks, I almost missed it too- in fact it was the last thing on my list that I actually noticed as I was ready to head back out the door. Could it have any deeper meaning or perhaps Avery's little parrot was just a bit chilly and needed to warm his beak.

Ensign
Jan 05, 2013
I looked in the corners, but noticed that each wall was kind of interesting as well. The mounted croc head looks to be a Peter Pan/Hook reference. The map on the wall almost gave me a Goonies vibe (framed map).

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Hmm, have any of you also noticed Avery's Jacket? It is exactly like the newly released swashbuckler-themed outfit KI released. Could Avery be deadly with a blade, silent as an assassin, sneaky like a ninja pig? Could Avery be a swashbuckler?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Golden Guardian on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
Hmm, have any of you also noticed Avery's Jacket? It is exactly like the newly released swashbuckler-themed outfit KI released. Could Avery be deadly with a blade, silent as an assassin, sneaky like a ninja pig? Could Avery be a swashbuckler?
Ohh, nice catch.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
An old pirate as an agile, back-flipping Swashbuckler? LOL, that would be funny to see! However, you could be right, and it would be epic to have him as an ally in a few battles! He hasn't done anything except inform us on map locations so far, and it would be great to see him actually do some of the labor LOL!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
warriorscreed on Jan 15, 2014 wrote:
An old pirate as an agile, back-flipping Swashbuckler? LOL, that would be funny to see! However, you could be right, and it would be epic to have him as an ally in a few battles! He hasn't done anything except inform us on map locations so far, and it would be great to see him actually do some of the labor LOL!
That's pretty funny but a very novel idea! I would rather enjoy seeing Avery fighting along side my crew in battle- along with his pet parrot of course. Maybe he will surprise us in the future and show us what he is truly made of. Avery executing the Dance of Steel would be just EPICALLY hilarious!