Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I almost started weeping

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
My chat less trait puts me in jeopardy of not getting any help. When I think people will help me, all they do is step on the sigil with me, then leave so I go in there alone. I could feel tears welling up in my eyes as my assistance was suddenly declined with another pirate.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
CheeryCherry1234 on Nov 10, 2013 wrote:
My chat less trait puts me in jeopardy of not getting any help. When I think people will help me, all they do is step on the sigil with me, then leave so I go in there alone. I could feel tears welling up in my eyes as my assistance was suddenly declined with another pirate.
Sounds like you need a couple of friends who don't care about the fact that you only have menu chat. If you can be in game, this Friday at 7:00pm Eastern, I will do my best to meet you at Avery's Court on Vadima Realm. I don't use menu chat so I tend to be very slow when replying to menu chat players.

And, perhaps a few other message board people could meet you there as well, (Hint Hint Chrissy).

Red Scarlet Kidd

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
CheeryCherry1234 on Nov 10, 2013 wrote:
A quick question? Can you hear the other pirates on text chat? If so that probably means you have text chat as well. All you have to do is press 'ENTER' and start typing. U cannat type like dis tho, your words have to be proper and makes sense. Symbols and most numbers (excluding ! and ? and ,) are not allowed.

You can also activate text chat on parental controls, if your parents allow like mine.

On your sigil issue, dont judge too quickly! I have had to back down on some instances right at the sigil because something more important happened in the real world. If they left you because they did not want to be with you, thats thier mistake on not meeting someone as nice as you.

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
Cheer up Cherry!
The people who are like that generally just think one of a few stereotypes that everyone who does have text chat is like 5, and not very good at the game. Don't let them get you down! Im sure somebody on the forums could help you out with your dungeons! At any rate, dont let the stereotypical thinkers and trolls get you down!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I understand your menu chat situation and even with chat, there are people like that. I've had it happen too even as someone who is not on menu chat. I would suggest you use your chat options that you do have. Say hello. Ask for help. You can even tell them your quest with the chat menu. Yes some might act the same, but you might be surprised. If you show yourself to be a menu chatter who will communicate with what you have, some will be more open to going in with you. You can also try helping people with their fights in the general area, using your, "Would you like some help?" choice. Then maybe with some good will built up, and having seen you know how to play, they will help you in return.

Community Leader
Arrrrg! How frustrating!

I wouldn't take it personal, some just don't know how to deal with menu chat.

I myself am not good at communicating this way at all.
I can say "Hello" and that's about it.

That being said I don't get off sigils in that manner unless I have a specific goal in mind.

Honestly I have found even text/open chatters to be a pain as they often join my instance and then try to tell me (been playing through closed beta), how to play when chances are I know the game 10x better than them.

If I had a specific time id be available i'd volunteer to help.

Hang in there there!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
I could help you on my witch doctor she can help you
And my friends list is full I might not be able to add you

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CdeWinter on Nov 11, 2013 wrote:
Sounds like you need a couple of friends who don't care about the fact that you only have menu chat. If you can be in game, this Friday at 7:00pm Eastern, I will do my best to meet you at Avery's Court on Vadima Realm. I don't use menu chat so I tend to be very slow when replying to menu chat players.

And, perhaps a few other message board people could meet you there as well, (Hint Hint Chrissy).

Red Scarlet Kidd
Lol you betcha. x Enters time into calender. x Same as Scarlet, at times I am a bit slow in finding what I want to say but I welcome menu chatters just as much as open & limited chatters. While I rarely respond to a 'Fly by friending' as I want to know someone before they can make my list, I have quite a few menu chat friends. I look forward to meeting you. Just to let you know it may take some time to respond to your friend request as my lists are almost always full and it takes at least 85 clicks to get to the bottom of my list to take someone off who hasn't played in a while to make room. So give me some time to clear a spot and I will be more than happy to friend ya.

Another plea to KingsIsle to please extend the friend list limits. x Gives best puppy dog eyes x Each friend I have wants to meet all my Chrissy's as I wish to meet all their pirates so we can help each other all the better and it adds up really fast. Please help us out with this. Also, a scroll bar would really help out with my very tired clicker finger.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Yeah and guess what happened today? During the second round of the Fort Basset 3-wave fight, one of my friends came in. I thought he would help me, but soon he left. I almost cried. Oh, and he had chat too.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CheeryCherry1234 on Nov 18, 2013 wrote:
Yeah and guess what happened today? During the second round of the Fort Basset 3-wave fight, one of my friends came in. I thought he would help me, but soon he left. I almost cried. Oh, and he had chat too.
I waited on Friday with Scarlet to meet you Cheery, but you may not have seen our posts. We are willing to help you through. Did you make it through? Have you gotten any of the extra gear to help you yet?. We are here to help you. When can we meet?