Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

FrogFather Friday - Holidays?

AuthorMessage
Developer
Hello my Pirate Friends – salud! I hope everyone had a nice and scary Halloween and didn’t eat too much candy. That sort a thing can upset the stomach, and take it from a Frog who lives in the belly of a whale, stomachs are best left non-upsetted, capische? Kapeach? Licorice?? I could do this all day, but enough with the sweet talk – OHHH, Froggeddabowdit.

Hopping right along then, let me confide in you, beloved Pirates, that The FrogFather really loves holidays, ya know what I’m sayin’? It’s a time for Family, who are important, especially when they visit and bring The FrogFather a lot of food. I tend to get a bit ornamental this time of year just thinking about it, so maybe you can share with me your favorite Holidays, how you might prefer to celebrate them doing this and that and that and this in the Spiral, or just whatever you wanna get off your treasure chest already.

Here, I’ll give yas a push: Thanksgiving on the horizon, what are you most thankful for in the Pirate101 Spiral?

Or for a jump start on the Wintery holidays, tell “Santa Frog” (Ya gettin’ a load of me over here, Max?) what you most want for the Spiral Holidays, assuming you’ve been a nice pirate?

Anyway you wanna go with it here, if it’s holiday-related, your FrogFather wants a seat at the table, preferably next to the CranBeatles and Cherry Fly.

As always, I can’t wait to hear from you, Pirate friends of ours, and know that your FrogFather is looking into things. In the meantime, Have many fantastic adventures, help one another when you can, and always, always, always respect the Spiral.

Ciao Time!

FF

"Frogeddabowdit!" -The FrogFather (aka Jay Gordon, Piratical Producer)
Community Leader
There's many a thing to be thankful for in the Pirate101 Spiral - the many friends who've had a real impact, the countless adventures that leave a real impression, and the overall experience of a lifetime, as is advertised.

I'm guessing you're more curious about the game itself, however. What I'm probably MOST thankful for there is currently Transportalators - sure, they make life a lot easier when getting around, but they're more than that. They show that KingsIsle is listening to feedback about travel time, something players are feeling they haven't experienced much of in Wizard lately. Pirate will inevitably get bigger, but the fact that the developers get on the forums and actually respond to questions paired with their involvement all over the community elsewhere is not just something that resonates well with me, it's something I'm much more likely to pay for versus a game with little interaction.

As much as you all have given us, if I had to pick one thing I wanted for me for the holidays, it'd be a decorative Musket. Not something covered in candy canes and red and green, but simply a gun with gold trim made for looks that I can use year-round. Fancy class weapons, maybe?

As always, thanks for taking the time to ask players what we think and what we'd like to see in the game. It's one thing that truly sets KingsIsle apart.

Swordroll's Blog
https://www.swordroll.com/
Ensign
Jul 26, 2009
Favorite holidays:
Halloween/Dia de los Muertos
Cinco de mayo
4th of July
Christmas
Thanksgiving

I'd like for their to be questlines for the holidays. Something fun and for "most levels" akin to the Halloween towers in Wizard101. A place to have fun, do a related quest, and perhaps farm for holiday items for different level pirates. I'd also like for their to be packs or promo items related to holidays like Nightmare Pack around Halloween for Wizard101 but one for a different holiday for Pirate101 or a Pirate-y versions of the Sleigh mount or perhaps a Christmas Foo Dog Mount.

I'm most thankful for all the hard work the Pirate101 team has put into the game this year. Marleybone and Aquila are fantastic and as always the writing in Pirate101 is top notch. On a more personal note I'm thankful for having the love of my life, SorceressMiklai, riding around in the Spiral with me taking out the Armada and the twizards. (:-p I don't use Twirates much) for making the Spiral a fun place to be.

Brave Sam Laveer
Petnome Pirates

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Forgot to say this to you on an upcoming thread,
Congrats Frogfather for you fun if not corny jokes and questions.

Salut!

Petty Officer
Feb 07, 2010
I guess I would be thankful that my crew will stay loyal to me no matter what. If I were to suggest a way to celebrate it, the the concept of of a ship resembling a cornucopia comes to mind. Making it turkey themed seems too cheesy to take seriously, but having a turkey companion in the crown shop might work. Just use the same model as captain fowl.

Ensign
Aug 19, 2013
What I think we pirates need frog father is a giant hall for a proper feast. Taverns get very crowded, what our crew and us need is a holiday hall to celibrate the holidays and party with each other. Holiday feasting in the high life pirate style, aye.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I am most thankful for all the pirates out there that make this game so personable and the way we can be so caring about each other as we play the game. This isn't just a game for me, these are my friends and family. I am counting too the message board family. I have never been a part of such a caring and blessing community before. They go out of their way to make me feel good about who I am and to make me giggle when I most need it. I know that I cannot let my pain take control over my life and succumb to the temptation to withdraw and shut the world out because I know my family right here will be all over me to show me how much I am loved and how much my presence means to them. Time and again I am shown that my reaching out to others has been a better medicine than anything the doctors have done. I get more smiles, and pain reducing endorphins from my interactions with my piratey family in one day than anything medicine has done. This community means the world to me and I feel very strongly how much I mean to them. There cannot be anything grateful for that love. And Pirate 101 has more of that than gold.

As to Christmas.....Maybe decorated ships. To stretch it even further....To be able to add our own touches to the decorations so that they don't all look alike and we could have Christmas light parades like all the ocean communities have. I know that is asking an awful lot, and just having a Christmas ship will be a great start. Having decorations that cover both sides of Christmas, not just Santa's but Nativitys too. Some piratey wise men would really be a hoot.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Captain Fowl, the turkey, is such a nice match for Thankgsiving / fall colors, it would be nice to see him appear with other turkeys in some way. I liked Alric Ravensinger's idea for holiday quests. The Town crier Mr. Duggan could tell us where to go. Maybe it would be floating islands that drift in for the holidays. A springtime island could be like Brigadoon (a musical set in Scotland about a magic town) and could have foxes in kilts.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
The Frogfather on Nov 8, 2013 wrote:
Hello my Pirate Friends – salud! I hope everyone had a nice and scary Halloween and didn’t eat too much candy. That sort a thing can upset the stomach, and take it from a Frog who lives in the belly of a whale, stomachs are best left non-upsetted, capische? Kapeach? Licorice?? I could do this all day, but enough with the sweet talk – OHHH, Froggeddabowdit.

Hopping right along then, let me confide in you, beloved Pirates, that The FrogFather really loves holidays, ya know what I’m sayin’? It’s a time for Family, who are important, especially when they visit and bring The FrogFather a lot of food. I tend to get a bit ornamental this time of year just thinking about it, so maybe you can share with me your favorite Holidays, how you might prefer to celebrate them doing this and that and that and this in the Spiral, or just whatever you wanna get off your treasure chest already.

Here, I’ll give yas a push: Thanksgiving on the horizon, what are you most thankful for in the Pirate101 Spiral?

Or for a jump start on the Wintery holidays, tell “Santa Frog” (Ya gettin’ a load of me over here, Max?) what you most want for the Spiral Holidays, assuming you’ve been a nice pirate?

Anyway you wanna go with it here, if it’s holiday-related, your FrogFather wants a seat at the table, preferably next to the CranBeatles and Cherry Fly.

As always, I can’t wait to hear from you, Pirate friends of ours, and know that your FrogFather is looking into things. In the meantime, Have many fantastic adventures, help one another when you can, and always, always, always respect the Spiral.

Ciao Time!

FF
I'm thankful for everything ya'll given to, not only me, but to everybody here. The feedback, the quests, even to all my awesome companions I've gotten along the way, as well as my friends. Not only to my friends in real life, but to all my friends here on the message boards and in the game. I'm also thankful for all the fun I've had in the game throughout the past year (past 2 and a half years if you count Wizard101).

But, I do have a wish I would like to add... Well, okay, more along the lines of a favor: You, of all frogs, should know all about favors, right mate? lol, anywho, my wish [favor] is for the next chapter to be released sometime around Christmas if at all possible. If not possible, then *shrugs* worth a try... lol

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Ah, my favorite holiday has to be either Chinese New Year or the Moon Festival. (Sadly, not everyone celebrates the two holidays. X_X) My family starts cooking food from the morning, and during the evening we invite our neighbors over for a big party! ^^ (Break out the Kung Pao chicken and cranberry ginger ale!) During the Moon Festival, we start early in the morning by making moon cakes, sending some out in the afternoon, and at night, seeing the bunny in the moon with its mortar and pestle. (I hope it's not One-eyed Jack up there. )
I'm super thankful for the bonds to my family and friends that have been strengthened through the game. My little brother, some friends, and I were all waiting in excitement for Pirate101 to be released, and we all grew closer together. ^^ I thank you KI for making a game that has that power to help relationships between friends and family!
Now for letter writing. *clears throat*

Dear Santa Frog,

I've been a nice pirate for the past year (mostly). If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could we have a grand Christmas feast in Avery's Court? Thanks!

~Quick Pearl

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Calamity Finch on Nov 9, 2013 wrote:
Captain Fowl, the turkey, is such a nice match for Thankgsiving / fall colors, it would be nice to see him appear with other turkeys in some way. I liked Alric Ravensinger's idea for holiday quests. The Town crier Mr. Duggan could tell us where to go. Maybe it would be floating islands that drift in for the holidays. A springtime island could be like Brigadoon (a musical set in Scotland about a magic town) and could have foxes in kilts.
Oh yes, Brigadoon is a delightful story and musical. (Dang now that Heather on the Hill song is in my head, lol). But a land that appears once every 100 years.....Hmmm......almost sounds like El Dorado huh?

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Swordroll on Nov 8, 2013 wrote:
There's many a thing to be thankful for in the Pirate101 Spiral - the many friends who've had a real impact, the countless adventures that leave a real impression, and the overall experience of a lifetime, as is advertised.

I'm guessing you're more curious about the game itself, however. What I'm probably MOST thankful for there is currently Transportalators - sure, they make life a lot easier when getting around, but they're more than that. They show that KingsIsle is listening to feedback about travel time, something players are feeling they haven't experienced much of in Wizard lately. Pirate will inevitably get bigger, but the fact that the developers get on the forums and actually respond to questions paired with their involvement all over the community elsewhere is not just something that resonates well with me, it's something I'm much more likely to pay for versus a game with little interaction.

As much as you all have given us, if I had to pick one thing I wanted for me for the holidays, it'd be a decorative Musket. Not something covered in candy canes and red and green, but simply a gun with gold trim made for looks that I can use year-round. Fancy class weapons, maybe?

As always, thanks for taking the time to ask players what we think and what we'd like to see in the game. It's one thing that truly sets KingsIsle apart.
I feel the same way about Pirate101, and I am so thankful for that.

If I were to ask for one thing, it would be a new selection of crowns items and balancing of pricing (Mojo Potion, health elixir, etc.), so a basic all around update to the crowns shop with maybe some things for the new world

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
The Frogfather on Nov 8, 2013 wrote:

Ciao Time!

FF
For this Thanksgiving (if you got time)

You should make a Turkey, with a rifle like gun, and he should be wearing a pilgrim hat and maybe a nice pilgrim uniform
Just a silly idea I just now came up with

Scurvy Anthony Walker Lv. 48

Ensign
Sep 05, 2009
I would say I am most thankful for just being able to sail, I have always been a fan of the age of exploration and the whole concept of boats floating between sky islands so pirate was a dream come true for me.

For the future, I'd like to ask for more customization, perhaps more gear choices, ship gear choices, and companions. It seems like currently were bein boxed in to what ever is the "strongest" for your level. I'd like to ask to take a small not from wizards book and perhaps make gear sets focused on attacking, another set focused on defending, and a third focused on talents so different gear sets could cater to different playstyles, perhaps encourage radical playstyles with armor that gives huge boosts but lowers other things. Like super defensive gear for swashes that lowers their attack or armor for privateers that would lower heals but would raise attack and defense so as to not block some one in to their class. So yea, that's what I would want in long tangent mode.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
The holiday quests in Wizard101 are a lot of fun. The recent Wizard Halloween quest edition that resulted in a new pet was a particularly nice one.

What am I thankful for in the Spiral? Two fun games.

-Indigo

Ensign
Mar 02, 2013
i would have to say that i am most thankful about Pirate101 is the Kingslsle workers that make the game and the effert that they put in it to make the game so much fun .And that they put all there time to fix and put new stuff on here , i am thankful that this game is here because there is a lot of stuff that goes on at my house and this game gives me time to have fun and time to think rather then just rushing place to place.thank you guys. (Level65) Harry Quincy.