Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I'm back.

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Hello my dear friends - please, have some cake. It's chocolate with chocolate icing, raspberry filling, raspberries edging the cake, and has chocolate bark built up around it. Care for some pomegranate raspberry tea?

All of you - family, friends - I'm back from my temporary disappearance around these boards. I've started school, I've been more into reading than playing Pirate or Wizard lately, and it's all helping me heal from last year. (Note: last year was a terrible school year is all I can say.) I've returned because by the time this post goes up it'll be my birthday, and I felt I needed to spend some time with you again.

Guys, long time no see. Sorry about that as well. I've missed my Message Boards Family, and I'm glad to be back! You're all like brothers and sisters to me - older and younger. I'm glad to have come back to continue posting with y'all, and thanks for all the kindness I've been given in my 500+ posts.

Ciao!

Administrator
Welcome back!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Welcome back x gives bear hug x I have so missed you. I have lost track of the amount of people that have asked me if I knew where you were and if you were all right. x Places a beautifully decorated birthday cake on table and lights the candles. x x Raises a tankard of yum and sings a resounding chorus of Happy Birthday. x x Hands birthday gift of a gilded binder with all your recipes organized with plenty of blank pages for new ones. x May your day be so packed with blessings and giggles that if you give some away to all your loved ones, you would have enough left over to keep your smile muscles buff all year long .

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Happy Birthday, Emma! I'm so glad your back! We have all missed you, and I first hand know what it's like to need to recover from not doing so well in school. When I was in fourth grade, I failed English. Not a happy day for me, my friend. After that I just decided to home school, for public school only got worse for me.
*munches on the best chocolate and raspberry cake in the world*
It's awesome to have you back! I've missed your awesome input in our roleplays, and, frankly, I'm wondering what ever happened to the witchdoctor who was sitting in the rafters. Whatever happens, it's good to have my big sister back. ^_^

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2012
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Chocolate?... with raspberries... chocolate bark... ooooo! And happy birthday! Many happy returns.

But spending time reading is good, Emma, and I hope you have a happier school year than the one you mentioned last year (you homeschool now, don't you? I do myself... teaching, that is) But as time permits, we will all have fun together - Captain!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Ratbeard leads the crew in singing

For she's a jolly good pirate!!
Which nobody can deny!!!!

Yay, she's back.

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
Captain
May 16, 2011
What wonderful delicacies, and I'll bet they taste wonderful as always. Anyway.......

Welcome back, Emma.

Oh, and there is no need to set up a feast for your return, I already prepared that. I've prepared all sorts of different cakes and teas. So help yourself to this feast for Emma's return.

PS: Is there any way we can set up a party to celebrate Emma's return? I'm starting to miss partying.

Goodbye!

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
Happy Birthday, Emma! I'm so glad your back! We have all missed you, and I first hand know what it's like to need to recover from not doing so well in school. When I was in fourth grade, I failed English. Not a happy day for me, my friend. After that I just decided to home school, for public school only got worse for me.
*munches on the best chocolate and raspberry cake in the world*
It's awesome to have you back! I've missed your awesome input in our roleplays, and, frankly, I'm wondering what ever happened to the witchdoctor who was sitting in the rafters. Whatever happens, it's good to have my big sister back. ^_^
I almost find it hard to believe that you failed 4th grade English, Elizabeth, except I had a similar experience, nearly being held back in Kindergarten! (I was too young or too clueless at the time to be embarrassed, however). You write very well, with splendid ideas, and an excellent vocabulary. You have a lot of promise as a writer, I think. And yes, I too look forward to finding out things like: who is that mysterious witchdoctor in the rafters, will Emma follow the little fox, and what is the evil clockwork Lizzie is up to? All in good time, I am sure.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 26, 2013 wrote:
I almost find it hard to believe that you failed 4th grade English, Elizabeth, except I had a similar experience, nearly being held back in Kindergarten! (I was too young or too clueless at the time to be embarrassed, however). You write very well, with splendid ideas, and an excellent vocabulary. You have a lot of promise as a writer, I think. And yes, I too look forward to finding out things like: who is that mysterious witchdoctor in the rafters, will Emma follow the little fox, and what is the evil clockwork Lizzie is up to? All in good time, I am sure.
I had a similar experience, but with math. In fifth grade, I got my first.... B. in math. I was so upset. I'd never done that bad on anything before!!

Ah. My mysterious little Witchdoctor... All will be revealed in time.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
A quick other note- thank you guys for being the light in the darkness of my previous year of school. I seriously was alone every single day- beig the last picked on teams, made fun of for my interests, left to sit alone at lunch and locking myself in the bathroom to cry from it all. I stopped doing the things that I loved, and all I could think about was sadness. When I joined the message boards; some of that darkness depleted from my life. With you guys helping me out just by making me feel loved, I've become a stronger, better person, and you have no clue how many times I wish I could thank you. It's been a lovely change- instead of being taunted and being the one everyone laughs at for just saying something I didn't mean, you guys are there to be my friends and family. Thank you for that- I love each and every one of you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
I had a similar experience, but with math. In fifth grade, I got my first.... B. in math. I was so upset. I'd never done that bad on anything before!!

Ah. My mysterious little Witchdoctor... All will be revealed in time.
My goodness Emma. You think you did badly with a B? I sure can tell you are a perfectionist extraordinaire. Don't be so hard on yourself. There is nothing bad about getting a B. Sure A's are great and wonderful. I got them a lot too and it does make B's seem like a failure but trust me they aren't. It only means that it is an area that you don't excel in, Not that you failed in. It isn't all Excel or fail. This is a time for you to discover what things you are gifted in and learn to head in that direction. The B's are just nudges that get you going in the right direction, they are direction markers, not signs of failure. I would bet you that Rembrandt was terrible at basket weaving. Yet we remember him as a genius painter, the weaving doesn't matter, He found his niche. The grade he got from his weaving teacher should never cause him to think he was a failure.

So you are not a gifted Mathematician, Yet you excel in writing. A gifted writer should not waste emotional energy that they are not a mathematician. x hugs x Write on little Emma . Take up that quill and write on.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
I just found the perfect place where I can say this! Okay so my dad (A.K.A. my bestie, willing to sit through me trying on hundred dollar dresses at the mall for hours and the original creator of Just Add Bacon) got me a bunch of feel-good pictures, because he knows that I've hit a kind of low in my life, sense we moved across the state and away from all of my friends. Here's one of the captions in a feel-good picture:
~
FAMOUS FAILURES;
Walt Disney: Fired from a newspaper for 'lacking imagination' and 'having no original ideas'...
Albert Einstein: He wasn't able to speak until he was almost 4 years old and his teachers said that he would 'never amount to much.'.
Oprah Winfrey: Was demoted from her job as a news anchor because she... 'Wasn't fit for television.'
~
These are just some examples of people who got knocked down, but got back up again and went on to be extremely successful and happy people. Just because there are hurdles in life doesn't mean that you can never be good at what you love. Some of the best days of your life may still be ahead of you...

~Elizabeth, level 37 ~

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:
A quick other note- thank you guys for being the light in the darkness of my previous year of school. I seriously was alone every single day- beig the last picked on teams, made fun of for my interests, left to sit alone at lunch and locking myself in the bathroom to cry from it all. I stopped doing the things that I loved, and all I could think about was sadness. When I joined the message boards; some of that darkness depleted from my life. With you guys helping me out just by making me feel loved, I've become a stronger, better person, and you have no clue how many times I wish I could thank you. It's been a lovely change- instead of being taunted and being the one everyone laughs at for just saying something I didn't mean, you guys are there to be my friends and family. Thank you for that- I love each and every one of you.
x Gives super big bear hug x You are indeed so welcome little sis. Those people that made fun of you are not worth your time. They are the ignorant ones. Just look at the precious, kind, intelligent, highly gifted encourager of others that they have missed out on. They thought they were trying to be so cool and they missed out on having this wonderful gem for a friend. Trust me Emma, they are not worth your precious tears. I know it hurts, I was the outcast in my school days too, big time. Those bullies will wind up miserable in life with their low life friends being nothing but something to laugh at on a reality show. You are the class act that they should have followed. You are the strong one. You are the cool one. I just read yesterday, wasn't it that someone called You the Queen of the Message Boards. And you are. Your sense oh humor and your writing skills and your skill at bringing out the best in others will take you far and make you the great success while they will still be in their little cliques with their empty brains and will feel the sting of loneliness for they will indeed reap what they have sown for not having invested in quality friends they will indeed be alone.
You are the champion here. I know that I will always love my Emma, my bright, super smart, kind, loving little sister. You are appreciated for what you arrrrrr, a leader of others that encourages us to dig deep and think and be our best. You got part of this wrong Emma. It's thank You Emma. My life is enriched because of who You are. Thank you for being here.

Ensign
Sep 10, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:
Hello my dear friends - please, have some cake. It's chocolate with chocolate icing, raspberry filling, raspberries edging the cake, and has chocolate bark built up around it. Care for some pomegranate raspberry tea?

All of you - family, friends - I'm back from my temporary disappearance around these boards. I've started school, I've been more into reading than playing Pirate or Wizard lately, and it's all helping me heal from last year. (Note: last year was a terrible school year is all I can say.) I've returned because by the time this post goes up it'll be my birthday, and I felt I needed to spend some time with you again.

Guys, long time no see. Sorry about that as well. I've missed my Message Boards Family, and I'm glad to be back! You're all like brothers and sisters to me - older and younger. I'm glad to have come back to continue posting with y'all, and thanks for all the kindness I've been given in my 500+ posts.

Ciao!
But the cake is a lie! Lol, just kidding, welcome back!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Aug 29, 2013 wrote:
I just found the perfect place where I can say this! Okay so my dad (A.K.A. my bestie, willing to sit through me trying on hundred dollar dresses at the mall for hours and the original creator of Just Add Bacon) got me a bunch of feel-good pictures, because he knows that I've hit a kind of low in my life, sense we moved across the state and away from all of my friends. Here's one of the captions in a feel-good picture:
~
FAMOUS FAILURES;
Walt Disney: Fired from a newspaper for 'lacking imagination' and 'having no original ideas'...
Albert Einstein: He wasn't able to speak until he was almost 4 years old and his teachers said that he would 'never amount to much.'.
Oprah Winfrey: Was demoted from her job as a news anchor because she... 'Wasn't fit for television.'
~
These are just some examples of people who got knocked down, but got back up again and went on to be extremely successful and happy people. Just because there are hurdles in life doesn't mean that you can never be good at what you love. Some of the best days of your life may still be ahead of you...

~Elizabeth, level 37 ~
Well said Elizabeth, Very well said . Such wise words that we should all live by. Kudos to your Dad. A daddy is a girl's first hero and I can tell your Dad has done his job well. He is your knight in shining armor that will protect you well until your perfect knight comes along to sweep you away and I know your Dad will be right there making sure your knight's honor is pure and true. Always listen to him, even if you don't agree at the time. Your hero will always be looking out for your best interests. Never lose this feeling you have for him right now. Way to go Lizzy, you are well blessed to have such a bestie. x Raises a tankard of yum to the creator of Just Add Bacon x You are doing it right, Dad, Keep up the great work

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:
It's great to hear you're feeling better! You almost described my experiences in elementary school. My family moved a lot so just when I had finally made some friends, I had to switch schools and was alone again. Add to that how I was always teased just for being the newest kid in the school and not knowing anything about that school anybody in the area. Luckily for me this changed when I started High School. Where I live there are no middle schools, you go straight from elementary to high school, which means everybody is new there the first year. Plus, I went to a huge country high school. Anyways. at least there I was able to meet and make a whole new group of friends.

As for getting a B in math. That's still a great mark! My first year of university I completely failed my general chemistry class. I actually got an F minus and was even put on academic probation because of it. By the end of the next semester I had figured why I had did so terrible (I wasn't use to really studying I never had to before) and managed to raise my grade enough to be taken off of academic probation (and avoid being kicked out). After that I made sure I never got lower than a B on anything.