Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is your pirate's theme song?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
My pirates theme song is ether slow down or a Chinese relaxation song.see you in the spiral

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Bob the Musketeer sat at a corner table, slowly nursing his mug of yum. A half eaten slice of boysenberry / yum pie sat in front of him. That tune just kept running through his head - over and over and over and over and over again. It just wouldn't leave him alone. Even Subodai and Ratbeard's awful croaking of it wouldn't leave his tired brain alone. The Dos Amigos y Uno were valiantly, although vainly, doing there best to drive it away with their cheerful guitar tune. But there it sat, like two pounds of toasted cheese on hardtack, cooked over a Bunsen burner for thirteen hours. At least that's what dinner tasted like. In the future they simply had to hire a cook, this rotation thing just wasn't working out. Mustang Sally, Sarah Steele and (somewhat surprisingly) Nanu Nanu were the best cooks on the ship, but it certainly wasn't fair to ask them to cook full time. Maybe a trading of chores, cleaning or hoisting sails versus cooking or something like that. These pleasant conundrums kept Bob occupied for a few minutes - then IT returned. Like the relentless waves washing on the rocks IT beat down his defenses and returned full bore. Bob was surprised the other customers at the cantina couldn't hear it leaking out his ears. Piteously he started humming the infernal thing...

Now this is the tale of our castaways, they're here for a long, long time...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sam Underhill on Sep 9, 2013 wrote:
Bob the Musketeer sat at a corner table, slowly nursing his mug of yum. A half eaten slice of boysenberry / yum pie sat in front of him. That tune just kept running through his head - over and over and over and over and over again. It just wouldn't leave him alone. Even Subodai and Ratbeard's awful croaking of it wouldn't leave his tired brain alone. The Dos Amigos y Uno were valiantly, although vainly, doing there best to drive it away with their cheerful guitar tune. But there it sat, like two pounds of toasted cheese on hardtack, cooked over a Bunsen burner for thirteen hours. At least that's what dinner tasted like. In the future they simply had to hire a cook, this rotation thing just wasn't working out. Mustang Sally, Sarah Steele and (somewhat surprisingly) Nanu Nanu were the best cooks on the ship, but it certainly wasn't fair to ask them to cook full time. Maybe a trading of chores, cleaning or hoisting sails versus cooking or something like that. These pleasant conundrums kept Bob occupied for a few minutes - then IT returned. Like the relentless waves washing on the rocks IT beat down his defenses and returned full bore. Bob was surprised the other customers at the cantina couldn't hear it leaking out his ears. Piteously he started humming the infernal thing...

Oh that's so funny, and yes, I sang the last line instead of reading it, Lol. I could have sworn you were gonna go with Small World but, as per usual, you totally surprised me.......again. x Bown deeply with respect. Walks away and without knowing quietly starts singing...."They'll have to make the best of things, It's an uphill climb. x gets louder...x The first mate and his Skipper to will do their very best".....x Hummmms a bit x
x Now starts dancing x "No phones, no lights, no motor car, not a single luxury..." x Notices that the whole pub has gone silent including the musicians who are glaring at her in indignation. x
x Starts blushing furiously and thinking fast starts tap dancing and with a spin and a bow, looks around quizzically and says. "Um.....Let me guess, This isn't the right pub that the flash mob was scheduled for?.....

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Sam Underhill on Sep 9, 2013 wrote:

O noooo! Now I'm singing it! Make it stop...!

'Five passengers that sailed that day for a three hour tour, a three hour tour...'

Nooooo!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
O noooo! Now I'm singing it! Make it stop...!

'Five passengers that sailed that day for a three hour tour, a three hour tour...'

Nooooo!
Great now I have to find some Gilligan's Island reruns to watch untill that song gets out of my head.

Ensign
Jun 19, 2013
Bach's "little fugue."

The song is just epic and get's more intense as it goes on, just like my drive to win.

Sneaky Kai Bristol Level 61

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
Hmm. A theme song huh? I don't have just one I usually turn off the music and just leave the effects turned on, so I can play music while I play. One of my favorites is to play the album ocean born by nightwish when I'm in a sinking mood.
Another is the album sirens by SJ Tucker it has an wonderful song about Wendy accepting Captain hooks offer to be a pirate and changes her name to red hand Jill and wreck havoc upon Neverland. And when ever I'm in Mooshu weither I play it or not I seem to always hear her song the truth about ninjas.
When I know I'm going to fight a big boss I like to play Copland's fanfare for the common man it never fails to inspire me to kick ... and get the job done

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Blade Master on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
Bach's "little fugue."

The song is just epic and get's more intense as it goes on, just like my drive to win.

Sneaky Kai Bristol Level 61
Oh, yes! Yes! I absolutely adore J.S. Bach! Huzzah! (hmm, perhaps too many exclamation points. Can't help it though)

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Ensign
Sep 03, 2009
My swashbuckler's theme is Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson, because he himself is... a Smooth criminal.

Ruthless Rick Lvl 64

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Well, I have 3 songs I'm OBSESSED with.

1. Pirate Style (some song I found online)

2. Bang A Drum by Selena Gomez

3. Change your life by Little Mix

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
Hoist The Colours from the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack, with some adjustments naturally.

The skies be ours and by the powers
Where we will, we'll roam.

Yo, ho, haul together, hoist the colours high!
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
I found a new song that Omar has recently fell in love with!
It's called "Baba Yaga" by Judy Small. He just loves the tune as well as the person it talks of: the infamous Russian Witch.

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2011
Mine would have to be His world, theme of Sonic 06

Dante

Petty Officer
Sep 27, 2013
Mine? Well well well, someone's finally made this a topic... What does the fox say? Ring-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding yea ok you get it.

Lieutenant
Sep 10, 2009
I don't know why but I think mine is "Let it Go" by Idina Menzel from the movie 'Frozen' soundtrack. I think because it's ( how to put it? ) somewhat inspirational or maybe Vuelie ( opening theme from 'Frozen' ). I think maybe Vuelie because the song is all Capella, and the only instrument is the drums.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Decided I should update mine....

Emma has had several in the past. Gunpowder and Lead has stuck with her for a while, so I've given her extra ones as well. White Rabbit by Emiliana Torrini stuck, for some reason, and then there's Fear and Loathing by Marina and the Diamonds... (I think the line 'I've lived a lot of different lives, been many people different times' fits her best) and then a newer one, Falling in the Black by Skillet.

Keira... She kept hers.

Amy has a really basic, yet kind of weird one. Hers is Stand in the Rain by Superchick, because even though I only heard it once, it really fits her.

Sav has another strange one. Hehe.... Likely Still Alive by GLaDOS (Ellen McLain) from the Portal games. Dunno why, it just stuck when I thought about it. XD

Valerie has a simpler one. It's another Marina and the Diamonds song, 'Primadonna.' Valerie kind of is a Himedere... XD (A type of character who prefers being treated like a princess.)

Amber Sakamoto (a new one) has the theme of Dancing Queen by Abba! Or Take a Chance On Me by Abba as well. XD

Raven's is obvious. :P Come Little Children. Never could find the name of the person who sang the one I first heard. (Which wasn't the one from Hocus Pocus.)

Hehe. Serafina and Soyala (the fire and ice queens) have You Spin Me Right Round (Like a Record) by Dead or Alive and She Wolf by David Guetta respectively.

Monica Hawkins has Imaginary by Evanescence, and her twin, James Hawkins has Livin' la Vida Loca by Ricky Martin.

I have way more but too many to post. :P

Ciao!

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
I think Scarlet's song would be Book of Days by Enya. It's a Celtic song and I think it describes her journey pretty well.

As for Alura, I think her theme would be The End. (Not In the End by Linkin Park, just plain The End.)

Angel's song is something I haven't thought of yet. I'll post when I figure out what it is.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Okay, so I've said that Red Jenny's theme song is Maid on the Shore. I'm not changing that, it's still perfect for her.

Red Scarlet Kidd's theme song, I have decided is The Cave, from Mumford and Sons' first album Sigh No More.
The chorus particulary seems to be perfect for Scarlet, it's kinda about a character who has had a troubled past, but decides to cling to hope, and pull themselves out of it, helping anybody else along the way.

Ensign
Oct 10, 2009
My swashbuckler's theme song would have to be the 2112 Overture. I am a big Rush fan, and the Overture's bravado is perfectly suited for my flair for the dramatic. As for my witchdoctor, I think at the Rage Against The Machine song Guerilla Radio is another good song to describe some revolutionary, especially the line "an army of pigs try to silence my style."

It has to start somewhere.
It has to start sometime.
What better place than here?
What better time than now?

Captain
May 13, 2011
mine would be "what im made of" from sonic heroes

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:

Emma has had several in the past. Gunpowder and Lead has stuck with her for a while, so I've given her extra ones as well. White Rabbit by Emiliana Torrini stuck, for some reason, and then there's Fear and Loathing by Marina and the Diamonds... (I think the line 'I've lived a lot of different lives, been many people different times' fits her best) and then a newer one, Falling in the Black by Skillet.

Keira... She kept hers.

Amy has a really basic, yet kind of weird one. Hers is Stand in the Rain by Superchick, because even though I only heard it once, it really fits her.

Sav has another strange one. Hehe.... Likely Still Alive by GLaDOS (Ellen McLain) from the Portal games. Dunno why, it just stuck when I thought about it. XD

Valerie has a simpler one. It's another Marina and the Diamonds song, 'Primadonna.' Valerie kind of is a Himedere... XD (A type of character who prefers being treated like a princess.)

Amber Sakamoto (a new one) has the theme of Dancing Queen by Abba! Or Take a Chance On Me by Abba as well. XD

Raven's is obvious. :P Come Little Children. Never could find the name of the person who sang the one I first heard. (Which wasn't the one from Hocus Pocus.)

Hehe. Serafina and Soyala (the fire and ice queens) have You Spin Me Right Round (Like a Record) by Dead or Alive and She Wolf by David Guetta respectively.

Monica Hawkins has Imaginary by Evanescence, and her twin, James Hawkins has Livin' la Vida Loca by Ricky Martin.

Ciao!
That's quite a range and so delightful. Having such broad music tastes just shows how many and interesting parts of you there are. Good list and great listing of all the credits. Artists just love it when we credit them properly. Well done.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
New theme: Miss Movin' On by Fifth Harmony (although I'm more into Little Mix )

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:

Keira... She kept hers.

Ciao!
Really? I thought Emma's theme song would be related to an anime that you know........ okay, okay, maybe a AM a bit to obsessed with it....

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Phoenix Wright "Swashbuckling Spectacular" song. For obvious reasons

Ensign
Jun 18, 2013
"Airship Pirates." By Amenity Park. Completely fitting