Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Captain Avery

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 11, 2013
has anyone noticed that avery blames us for like everything!!!!!!
Like in the side quest when he lost his falcon he totally blames us for it....... um sir I have nothing to do with this
i am so furious aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
an he makes us do dirty work no... no... no ,sir you need something do it yourself geezer
But then again without him being senile there would be only side quests (sigh)
yar me if you agree and reply if you disagree

Ensign
Dec 14, 2011
awsomeness244 on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
has anyone noticed that avery blames us for like everything!!!!!!
Like in the side quest when he lost his falcon he totally blames us for it....... um sir I have nothing to do with this
i am so furious aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
an he makes us do dirty work no... no... no ,sir you need something do it yourself geezer
But then again without him being senile there would be only side quests (sigh)
yar me if you agree and reply if you disagree
Im sorry but i think its good they did this
because pirate101 would be very short without avery
so i disagree

swashbuckler level 45

Ensign
May 11, 2013
capn snarl on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
Im sorry but i think its good they did this
because pirate101 would be very short without avery
so i disagree

swashbuckler level 45
did i not mention this in my little paragraph up there

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
I'm not the biggest fan of Captain Avery either (in fact, I dislike him...) but his character on the message boards is cool -- I love his use of symbols. There's one symbol he used that is a cross between a question mark and an exclamation point. I forgot what it's called, but I find it impressive that he used the symbol considering that it's not very much used anymore. Bravo, Captain Avery!
But... In the game, I'm not his biggest fan. I admire his togs, but I dislike several other things about him...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Aug 19, 2013 wrote:
I'm not the biggest fan of Captain Avery either (in fact, I dislike him...) but his character on the message boards is cool -- I love his use of symbols. There's one symbol he used that is a cross between a question mark and an exclamation point. I forgot what it's called, but I find it impressive that he used the symbol considering that it's not very much used anymore. Bravo, Captain Avery!
But... In the game, I'm not his biggest fan. I admire his togs, but I dislike several other things about him...
Ok you have my curiosity up. What symbol do you mean? There are only two posts listed by him and I don't see it. Can you point it out please?

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
Ok you have my curiosity up. What symbol do you mean? There are only two posts listed by him and I don't see it. Can you point it out please?
I think the proper term is imberrosame, but I don't know for sure. The symbol is in the post title -- Do you have an idea‽ The symbol is a cross between an exclamation point and a question mark, signalling an excited or loudly spoken question. Not many people use this symbol and it has been removed from our understanding of punctuation, making this symbol rare and awesome when people do use it. I'm a little bit of a geeky girl when it comes to the history of language.

~Elizabeth, level 37 ~

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
I think the proper term is imberrosame, but I don't know for sure. The symbol is in the post title -- Do you have an idea‽ The symbol is a cross between an exclamation point and a question mark, signalling an excited or loudly spoken question. Not many people use this symbol and it has been removed from our understanding of punctuation, making this symbol rare and awesome when people do use it. I'm a little bit of a geeky girl when it comes to the history of language.

~Elizabeth, level 37 ~
Wow I see what you mean and I love it. How do you access it on a keyboard? You are so right that it has been removed. I have never heard of it but I agree with you that it should be brought back, as so much of our lives are intertwined with texting, this punctuation will be quite valuable. Is it one of those alt+a number thing?

Thank you so much for teaching me something new. x Bows to Sensei x

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 29, 2013 wrote:
Wow I see what you mean and I love it. How do you access it on a keyboard? You are so right that it has been removed. I have never heard of it but I agree with you that it should be brought back, as so much of our lives are intertwined with texting, this punctuation will be quite valuable. Is it one of those alt+a number thing?

Thank you so much for teaching me something new. x Bows to Sensei x
Interrobang! That's what it is! Sheesh! *tugs on ears, a move learned by Speed Switch himself* I can't believe it took me so long to remember! Okay... the question mark is sometimes considered the interrogation point (interro...) and the exclamation point is sometimes referred to as a bang. (...bang)

Believe or not, I actually wouldn't have access to the symbol if it weren't for Captain Avery's post. I copy it, paste it in notepad, copy the copy, then paste it here. XD I use it in my own stories as well (Thank you Captain Avery!) and I always enjoy using it, idk why, I guess I just get a sense of pride when I use something that not many people do. So it was driving me insane, unable to remember the name of it, and I did some further research and discovered that this is the only 100% american made symbol in the English language. Hehehe... it's funny, I'm imagining turning over a life-sized symbol with a back on it that says 'Made in USA'...

I just checked out the dictionary entry on the word, and in the origin section it says... '1965-70, Americanism; interro(gation point) + bang, printers' slang for an exclamation point'... I guess it just never really caught on. *Shrugs, then links arms* We shall bring this symbol back to life! Mwahahahaha!

You know... I never knew about that alt+a+# thing before! Thanks for teaching me, Chrissy! *Bows before teh mastah*

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Oct 7, 2013 wrote:
Interrobang! That's what it is! Sheesh! *tugs on ears, a move learned by Speed Switch himself* I can't believe it took me so long to remember! Okay... the question mark is sometimes considered the interrogation point (interro...) and the exclamation point is sometimes referred to as a bang. (...bang)

Believe or not, I actually wouldn't have access to the symbol if it weren't for Captain Avery's post. I copy it, paste it in notepad, copy the copy, then paste it here. XD I use it in my own stories as well (Thank you Captain Avery!) and I always enjoy using it, idk why, I guess I just get a sense of pride when I use something that not many people do. So it was driving me insane, unable to remember the name of it, and I did some further research and discovered that this is the only 100% american made symbol in the English language. Hehehe... it's funny, I'm imagining turning over a life-sized symbol with a back on it that says 'Made in USA'...

I just checked out the dictionary entry on the word, and in the origin section it says... '1965-70, Americanism; interro(gation point) + bang, printers' slang for an exclamation point'... I guess it just never really caught on. *Shrugs, then links arms* We shall bring this symbol back to life! Mwahahahaha!

You know... I never knew about that alt+a+# thing before! Thanks for teaching me, Chrissy! *Bows before teh mastah*
We teach and that is what we are here about. x Returns bow x As equals. Really brilliant idea on using cut and paste and saving the text that way. There are many ways to pirate a treasure, lol.