Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

FrogFather Friday - House Favs & Additions?

AuthorMessage
Developer
Greetings once again Pirates, it’s me, your FrogFather, the dapper don of Jonah Town. Hop on over here a minute and lets catch up with one another, can we do that, or did you forget it’s time for another “FrogFather Friday”!!! BaBing, cue the music!!!! (Hey, where’s the music? Do we have any music? Why do I not hear any music? Max, what are you, hiding under a rock? Let’s go already, we got guests here. Put on some Tony Ribbet or Luciano Frogarotti.) You’ll have to excuse me, Pirate friends, but when you reside in the belly of a whale it’s hard to find good help - good kelp we got, but help? Not so much - ohhhh, Froggedabowdiiiiiiit. Now where’s my Clarinet.

Changing tune for a moment, I certainly hope everyone is enjoying the new Class Houses recently introduced. Pretty snazzy digs, no? Which begs my question this time around, especially for those Pirates who enjoy retreating now and then to the friendly confines of their very own mansion: What is your favorite part of these new Houses, and what would you like to add in the future? Which is to say, do you find yourself frequently setting up rooms with cool Piratey loot and furniture items? Or maybe you’re a swashbucklin’ socialite and enjoy entertaining guests with guided tours and a little PVP to keep in shape?

Either way, I’m sure you’re enjoying the new digs, and just make sure you save some space in case one day it starts raining cats and frogs - I mean, where would ya keep’em? Though, yous got a point, these houses are pretty spacious… mmm, let me talk to a friend of mine about that one.

But that’s that for that, later. In the meantime, my pirate friends, let’s enjoy the sunshine and these shiny new houses, and I look forward to your feedback – because I can’t look backward, my neck doesn’t move that way, whaddaya want from me? Anywhichway, my everlasting thanks for your creative ideas and piratey wisdom, which remain the most valuable treasure a Frogfather could ever hope to find.

Until next time, a quick reminder cause I gotta go find that clarinet: “Have many fantastic adventures, help one another when you can, and always, always show respect for the Spiral.”

Ciao for now Pirates!!!

- Your Devoted FrogFather

"Frogeddabowdit!" -The FrogFather (aka Jay Gordon, Piratical Producer)
Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
The Frogfather on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
Greetings once again Pirates, it’s me, your FrogFather, the dapper don of Jonah Town. Hop on over here a minute and lets catch up with one another, can we do that, or did you forget it’s time for another “FrogFather Friday”!!! BaBing, cue the music!!!! (Hey, where’s the music? Do we have any music? Why do I not hear any music? Max, what are you, hiding under a rock? Let’s go already, we got guests here. Put on some Tony Ribbet or Luciano Frogarotti.) You’ll have to excuse me, Pirate friends, but when you reside in the belly of a whale it’s hard to find good help - good kelp we got, but help? Not so much - ohhhh, Froggedabowdiiiiiiit. Now where’s my Clarinet.

Changing tune for a moment, I certainly hope everyone is enjoying the new Class Houses recently introduced. Pretty snazzy digs, no? Which begs my question this time around, especially for those Pirates who enjoy retreating now and then to the friendly confines of their very own mansion: What is your favorite part of these new Houses, and what would you like to add in the future? Which is to say, do you find yourself frequently setting up rooms with cool Piratey loot and furniture items? Or maybe you’re a swashbucklin’ socialite and enjoy entertaining guests with guided tours and a little PVP to keep in shape?

Either way, I’m sure you’re enjoying the new digs, and just make sure you save some space in case one day it starts raining cats and frogs - I mean, where would ya keep’em? Though, yous got a point, these houses are pretty spacious… mmm, let me talk to a friend of mine about that one.

But that’s that for that, later. In the meantime, my pirate friends, let’s enjoy the sunshine and these shiny new houses, and I look forward to your feedback – because I can’t look backward, my neck doesn’t move that way, whaddaya want from me? Anywhichway, my everlasting thanks for your creative ideas and piratey wisdom, which remain the most valuable treasure a Frogfather could ever hope to find.

Until next time, a quick reminder cause I gotta go find that clarinet: “Have many fantastic adventures, help one another when you can, and always, always show respect for the Spiral.”

Ciao for now Pirates!!!

I only got my eye on one particular house, Rake's Lagoon. That mansion really suited my Valencian/Swashbuckler style. I even bought a few swashbuckler housing packs, but I need more money to get more furnishings.

Community Leader
Honestly, I'd rather see five new houses like this than a new world. These were absolutely stunning!

The best part, I think, was that we were done with the Skull Island theme. They are all new with various forms of weather, different times of day, different this, different that... They just had strong themes. And there was a lot of debate about which ones were the best, which is a good thing. It means they're all great and there's something for everyone.

I think the thing to do some here is keep this in mind when creating future houses or worlds. Even if something is supposed to represent or fit the theme of another place, that doesn't mean you can't do something completely different with it. It's the environments. People could run around in these all day. Make worlds with that variety and those sort of varied looks and people will run around in those all day, too!

Thanks for the feedback opportunity!
Swordroll

Swordroll's Blog
https://www.swordroll.com/
Ensign
Feb 21, 2009
It isn't so much what I would add to the houses, more like take away. The houses are spectacular. AMAZING! The issue is the size for the money. All the houses are colossal in size to something like even the Volcano island. They are great for the money. Better than even bundle houses. Continue making houses like this but maybe slightly smaller in size. The problem I see far too often is the fact of minimal housing space. Even with two elixirs they are too big to decorate, especially mine (the Buccaneer's Den). If I just had more space for elixirs I would be completely fine. Even if they cost crowns, or if you guys would really want to make the fans happy maybe add 150 extra housing item space to the default houses. Maybe specific to the bundle and school houses try to up the amount of housing items. I know it is a technical constraint however the pay off from fans would be amazing! -Fearless Nicholas Kent

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
The Frogfather on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:

Ciao for now Pirates!!!

I love the new class houses so much. I believe Kingsisle did a rather superior job on the houses, particularly the Haunted Grotto and Sharpshooter's Citadel. Personally, I believe the Swashbuckler's house lacked the same amount of inner space as the others, but it was an elegant area to relax in nonetheless. The El Toro statue added an extra amount of fun to the house. The training areas in the Musketeer, Swashbuckler, and Buccaneer houses were quite enjoyable, and they all amused me. The Privateer house is amazing, like a small version of Port Regal.

I do hope you'll add more features to the game relevant to these houses- such as being able to place companions and let them do things. I'd love to be walking up the stairs and seeing Gracie, Neko, and Bonnie training together, Ratbeard sitting at the table and drinking Yum or occasionally bickering with Catbeard or Bonnie or talking with El Toro and Monkey King. XD

Kudos to the amazing houses - I can't wait to see what else you'll add!

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
I love the new houses! (Or the two I've seen, anyway ) I love the night sky in the Rake's Lagoon, and I think what you've done with the skulls in the Hoodoo House (forgot the name!) is amazing, and my friends had a lot of fun with all of the activities in there! One of my friends even did a hoodoo mystic dance while summoning undead green spirits -- that was awesome.
The one change/addition I would make: Could we choose the sky for whatever house we buy? I love the night skies in Marleybone and Grizzleheim, along with the sky in Rake's Lagoon, and I'm a night owl so I would love to have an awesome mansion with my favorite sky. I know KI has a lot on its plate, what with trying to keep EVERYONE happy on Pirate101 and Wizard101, and I imagine it can really stretch someone. However, that's just my request.
See ya in The Spiral!

~Elizabeth, level 22 ~

Ensign
May 19, 2009
I think the houses are all great. In my mind, Each house was made for a particular pirate .

My Swashbuckler has the romantic moonlit rose garden with a private lagoon and three! places to decorate. The gatehouse, the old ships hold and the lovely Caribbean main house with that surprise fireplace! It so fits my dashing Swashbuckler.

The twilight Grotto for the Witchdoctor could not be more mysterious with it's gnarly trees and meandering bayou. The undergorund cave system is extensive and so voodooish in it's decor. And 2 dwellings on the property...of course you could live underground too. I might have to consider that.

The Privateer lives in a town and maybe is the barkeep in the small local pub. But under the town in the sewers he prowls, and connects to all three of the houses on the island. His smuggling business is booming as he sneaks his treasures into town from plundered ships.

The Musketeer, a deserter from the royal navy who pressed him into service, has claimed an abandoned castle and calls it home. He protects what he Plunders in the spiral with the arsenal of working cannon and guns surrounding the place. This place is cavernous and had some very strange sounds.

The Buccaneer and his rowdy crew are hiding out in an old fort and the approaching or receeding storm around his home determines their mood. Carousing at the HUGE dining table in the old great hall or forcing the pirate that double crossed them to walk the plank into the shark infested pool that ...Horrors... They can watch from the secret underwater viewing wall. The dungeon has a sea monster that you can call and throw fish at with a working catapult. The building also has an amazing 8 stories!

The only thing missing is my companions. I wish they could be lounging around or sitting on a wall as my pirates do on the login screen.

Fantastic job kI, Better than all the W101 houses I have.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Hmmm, favorite part of the new houses? I really like the scary-ish tune in the Haunted Grotto. It's absolutely perfect for telling scary stories! As for an add on? Hmmm, I would add some hidden catacombs to underneath the stairs in the main cottage. Just a random thought.

Ensign
Jun 14, 2009
I would love to see "free preview" of the houses -like in Wiz101- before you buy.
That way you know what you are getting and can plan some great decorating. ;)

Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
I would like to see a lot more housing items since I love to decorate. Maybe things we can dye in a dye shop? I would like to see world houses. Like a Mooshu or Aquila house. I do wish we can preview the houses before buying them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I know it's on the commonly requested items thread, but I sure will love it when we can put pets and mounts in our houses.
Concerning the furniture packs; Someone didn't think one item quite through. With the bedroom sets we get a small dresser for beside the bed ( most common place) and we get a nifty lamp that really works (nice touch ) But the lamp will not fit on the dresser or any of the small tables. What is the point of a bedside lamp if it will not fit on the bedside furniture? maybe I missed something If so then I will apologize. So my bedroom set lamp is now in my livingroom, which is fine, it looks great but the logic of putting it in with the bedroom stuff escapes me.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Oh yea, thought of something else, many of my friends have complained that the PVP area is really too small. I am not much of a PVPer yet so I haven't played enough to compare but it is what I am hearing. Also, any plans for housing PVP where more than two people can play at once? I know in my Wizard houses 8 could play but I won't even begin to compare the housing between games, Wizard has way too many years head start on Pirates so patience will be my answer in that arena. Just comparing memories I guess, Haven't visited my wizards in so many months it's kinda sad but I am having way too much fun on the skyways
Fantastic job on the houses guys.
Oh yea, they are kinda quiet, any plans for music in them?

Ensign
Jul 21, 2012
First of all, I love the houses. This is more proof of good work by kingsisle. I love all the themes for the houses and all the secrets they could contain. Speaking of which, we need more hidden rooms and things like that. It would be awesome if we had a wall that could be switched out for a weapons rack. Overall, this was a awesome addition to Pirate101.

Personally, I like Drake's Lagoon best. It has a tingly mysterious feel that you get when exploring new places.
I love all the hidey holes in it, including the hidden back way into a cave. I think it had the most piratey feel here. Sitting in a chair, sipping yum, and looking at all the treasure you managed to loot from people. I come here to get inspired to play more Pirate101, and to mock the crashed valencian ship. I like that small touch, the ship. Makes me wonder if it was the one we were imprisoned in.

Thanks for the new houses!

Petty Officer
Jun 05, 2011
I would let there be 4v4 pvp.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
kinda disappointed by the privateer house, its has the mareybone theme but not the mb night sky, that's my favorite part of the game, in the future with mb themed houses please give them the night sky

Ensign
Jul 10, 2009
Housing previews.

Enough said.

Ivette Xavier, Witchdoctor (45)

Ensign
Jun 30, 2013
storm1012d on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:
First of all, I love the houses. This is more proof of good work by kingsisle. I love all the themes for the houses and all the secrets they could contain. Speaking of which, we need more hidden rooms and things like that. It would be awesome if we had a wall that could be switched out for a weapons rack. Overall, this was a awesome addition to Pirate101.

Personally, I like Drake's Lagoon best. It has a tingly mysterious feel that you get when exploring new places.
I love all the hidey holes in it, including the hidden back way into a cave. I think it had the most piratey feel here. Sitting in a chair, sipping yum, and looking at all the treasure you managed to loot from people. I come here to get inspired to play more Pirate101, and to mock the crashed valencian ship. I like that small touch, the ship. Makes me wonder if it was the one we were imprisoned in.

Thanks for the new houses!
Indeed!

The Rake's Lagoon was very beautiful and pirate-y that I had no choice but to buy such an appealing location for my Pirate to explore and decorate to her heart's content.

I also loved the Haunted Grotto. Wow, talk about spooky! The music, the scenery, the interesting effects and all the hidden areas you could explore were simply amazing. No doubt my Witchdoctor will be quite happy with her new home. :)

One thing that I wish you guys would include is the option to allow your mounts and pets to roam freely around in your house, as one poster had stated above. Not only would that free up space in our backpacks, but it would also serve as a nice additional way we could decorate our houses.

I think that is the only thing that I'll really like to be implemented into this game, other than the feature to preview houses, which I understand is already highly requested. Otherwise, great job KI and keep making amazing new houses and worlds for us to traverse and treasure.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Personally I really like how the haunted grotto is set up, especially the dueling arena (dueling right beside waterfalls, tiki masks and fires late at night under the starry sky so-to-speak, who wouldn't like to do that?). Though personally I just wish that the arenas were a bit bigger in size than they are now. I know that they're supposed to be 1v1 arenas but still though.

Ensign
Dec 21, 2012
I think the new houses are great and very creative.

In time I would like to have extended docks with our houses and be able to display our ships that we are not currently using. I currently have all my ships in bottles and would like to see them all out on display at my house.
If you had docks like skull island, you would have plenty of room to show off you hard earned ships as well as whatever you have done with your houses.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
*distracted, singing along with Luciano Frogarotti for a moment*
Oh, Frogfather, I love the new houses! They have beautiful architecture and design, so much room to decorate and explore (or play hide & seek), clever, imaginative features to explore and play with. And themed room packages to decorate our houses beautifully -- just perfect virtual dollhouses, to my mind! I also appreciate being able to buy things like more chairs too. Honestly, the KI team outdid themselves here; they couldn't be better.

Naturally I would love to buy more furnishings to decorate my lovely house. I would most love kitchen stuff - especially period-ish kitchen stuff: ropes of onions, sausages, strings of red peppers, and ladles to hang on walls; iron pots, skillets, bake-kettles (Dutch ovens), and baskets of carrots or potatoes to place in front of the fireplace. And food!: loaves of bread, plates of little cakes(cookies), a baked chicken on a platter, bowls of peas (or tomatoes, potatoes, pudding, whatever), a roasted fish on a plate... that sort of thing. And plates to set the table with would be also lovely ('pewter' plates would be great, though I would adore 'redware' ones). Outside the kitchen and dining room, I would just like some pretty paintings to hang on the wall (stuffed critter heads, while some would really like as trophies of battle, are just not my girly thing), and perhaps some more carpets. Oh yes, and a tea set. A tea set would definitely come in handy when friends come to call.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Ensign
Jul 26, 2012
My favorite feature of the new houses are the parts of the house than can be interacted with. Stuff like the cauldron that stirs itself in the Haunted Grotto, the fountain in the Privateer's Garrison, cannons is the Musketeer's Citadel etc.

I would love to see some actual housing items added to the game that can similarly be interacted with just like parts of the class houses. I believe the crow's nest housing item from the Admiral's Bundle can be climbed up by pressing 'X' next to it. This is a good example of the kinds of furniture I'd like to see more of!

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:
I know it's on the commonly requested items thread, but I sure will love it when we can put pets and mounts in our houses.
Concerning the furniture packs; Someone didn't think one item quite through. With the bedroom sets we get a small dresser for beside the bed ( most common place) and we get a nifty lamp that really works (nice touch ) But the lamp will not fit on the dresser or any of the small tables. What is the point of a bedside lamp if it will not fit on the bedside furniture? maybe I missed something If so then I will apologize. So my bedroom set lamp is now in my livingroom, which is fine, it looks great but the logic of putting it in with the bedroom stuff escapes me.
I, too, would love to be able to let my pets and mounts roam free. Some of them just need some fresh air and to stretch their legs away from my overflowing backpack.

I have also had issues with the lamp. As well as the night stand, beds, and other furniture not fitting flush up against the wall snugly. This was in my WD Haunted Grotto that I tried this so I am not sure about the other 4 houses yet. I haven't gotten the gold to buy the furniture packs to decorate those yet.

Speaking of furniture packs; I would love to be able to buy the items separately as well as bundled together. To be given the option. The reason is because I have bought the bedroom, dining room, and living room packs for my WD house. But I would love to get even more of the class-themed wallpapers and flooring without having to get the whole pack several times over. I mean, honestly, I DON'T need 7 beds! LOL

I am a huge fan of the interactive aspects and the secret passages of these new houses. I would love to be able to buy more things (furniture-wise) that we could interact with. And anthing that is class-themed is always a plus.

Perhaps we might even be able to find the secret free housing items that we could pick up (like in W101)? Free is always a good thing!

I also love the little accessory items that Anne Radcliffe mentioned, too. Kinda takes me back to my younger days when I was decorating my Barbie's Dream House and Cottage LOL

~SM~

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
*distracted, singing along with Luciano Frogarotti for a moment*
Oh, Frogfather, I love the new houses! They have beautiful architecture and design, so much room to decorate and explore (or play hide & seek), clever, imaginative features to explore and play with. And themed room packages to decorate our houses beautifully -- just perfect virtual dollhouses, to my mind! I also appreciate being able to buy things like more chairs too. Honestly, the KI team outdid themselves here; they couldn't be better.

Naturally I would love to buy more furnishings to decorate my lovely house. I would most love kitchen stuff - especially period-ish kitchen stuff: ropes of onions, sausages, strings of red peppers, and ladles to hang on walls; iron pots, skillets, bake-kettles (Dutch ovens), and baskets of carrots or potatoes to place in front of the fireplace. And food!: loaves of bread, plates of little cakes(cookies), a baked chicken on a platter, bowls of peas (or tomatoes, potatoes, pudding, whatever), a roasted fish on a plate... that sort of thing. And plates to set the table with would be also lovely ('pewter' plates would be great, though I would adore 'redware' ones). Outside the kitchen and dining room, I would just like some pretty paintings to hang on the wall (stuffed critter heads, while some would really like as trophies of battle, are just not my girly thing), and perhaps some more carpets. Oh yes, and a tea set. A tea set would definitely come in handy when friends come to call.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Yes!!!! Bring on the kitchen stuff!!! ESPECIALLY the tea set!!!

Ciao!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
What would I add? I would say... to let our companions roam freely in our houses! They've been going about in the Spiral, so why not have our crew relax and roam about in our houses? That's what I REALLY want to add! I'm anxious to see that happen! And, of course, more houses from other world housing vendors other than Skull Island's. And, maybe a housing dungeon instance. I would really want to have one of those added in the Crowns Shop or otherwise soon.