Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

secret game card????

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 29, 2012
i found a pirate101 $20 card at my best buy. it has the witch doctor teacher on it. and comes with a blackish brown ghoul pet. this is not shown on prepaid cards so im confused.

Administrator
Hi! The Best Buy $20 game card is being phased out, but a few remain available for purchase in select stores. Congrats on your pet!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Aug 13, 2009
I have a few question in regards to these cards being retired.

1. WHEN is the date that they will be retired? Asking so I know if I will still be able to get some come the beginning of August.
2. Because the pet Epics get recycled, if I were to buy several of these would I be able to redeem one once a month to get those varied pets? Or them being retired means they can't be redeemed, either?
3. Will there be a replacement pet/card at Best Buy?
4. If the issue is that Best Buy won't be doing any more cards is there going to be another store that will be incorporated into selling pet gift cards?
Does that include W101 pets, too?

Thank you for your time answering these :)

*TDA*

Administrator
TigerDeeAmazon on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
I have a few question in regards to these cards being retired.

1. WHEN is the date that they will be retired? Asking so I know if I will still be able to get some come the beginning of August.
2. Because the pet Epics get recycled, if I were to buy several of these would I be able to redeem one once a month to get those varied pets? Or them being retired means they can't be redeemed, either?
3. Will there be a replacement pet/card at Best Buy?
4. If the issue is that Best Buy won't be doing any more cards is there going to be another store that will be incorporated into selling pet gift cards?
Does that include W101 pets, too?

Thank you for your time answering these :)

*TDA*
1- They are effectively retired now; however, some Best Buy stores continue to have them in their inventory regardless, and they will work when redeemed.
2- There are no plans to continue recycling the epic talents/pets on the Best Buy cards at this time. Redeeming a Best Buy card now will result in a Seaweed Spirit Pet with the Relentless Epic Talent.
3- No, but there is a chance that the same pet will be sold at a different store at a later time!
4- It is a possibility. Keep your eye on the Prepaid Game Card page as this is where we will list our current cards.
5- No, Wizard101 cards will continue to be sold at Best Buy.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Mar 09, 2013
jamual heath on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
i found a pirate101 $20 card at my best buy. it has the witch doctor teacher on it. and comes with a blackish brown ghoul pet. this is not shown on prepaid cards so im confused.
don't worry it is all ye have to do is scroll down and ye sould see it (sorry for the spelling )

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 30, 2013 wrote:
1- They are effectively retired now; however, some Best Buy stores continue to have them in their inventory regardless, and they will work when redeemed.
2- There are no plans to continue recycling the epic talents/pets on the Best Buy cards at this time. Redeeming a Best Buy card now will result in a Seaweed Spirit Pet with the Relentless Epic Talent.
3- No, but there is a chance that the same pet will be sold at a different store at a later time!
4- It is a possibility. Keep your eye on the Prepaid Game Card page as this is where we will list our current cards.
5- No, Wizard101 cards will continue to be sold at Best Buy.
no wonder i have not found any a 7 eleven.