Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Difficulty For Witchdoctors: Talk

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jan 01, 2013
Hello, I am a Witchdoctor and in Marleybone. This is for Witchdoctors to talk about the difficulty of Marleybone for their class so other Witchdoctors will watch out for specific elements in Marleybone that may be difficult for Witchdoctors.

Ensign
Dec 09, 2012
Lily Evans on Jul 4, 2013 wrote:
Hello, I am a Witchdoctor and in Marleybone. This is for Witchdoctors to talk about the difficulty of Marleybone for their class so other Witchdoctors will watch out for specific elements in Marleybone that may be difficult for Witchdoctors.
actually i am a witchdocter and MB wasnt hard for me. KI is mostly fair about their games and would never do that to an specific class like that. it can probably be how u use ur witchdocter in that world. sometimes when u go from one world to another a witchdocter (and idk but maybe other classes) have to adept to the different fighting technique (sry bad speller) i had to in mushu because the samoori guys were killing all of my tanks so i have to switch my first too rows to swashbucklers and musketeers. Am i right about adepting or close? x. x
Krystal Everhart Lvl.64

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Something difficult in MarleyBone could be the Rooke battle since Rooke has a Witch Hunter attack which triggers if you use any witchdoctor epics on him.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Biggest difficulty is Bishop as he has witch hunter. Best way around it is to use your witchdoctor skills on everyone else and have your other class companions take Bishop out.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
My WItchdoctor did not particularly have any problems in Marleyborn, although to be fair she was running with a privateer buddy throughout. Is the problem you had Rook? If so, as suggested above you can take him without having your WD directly attack him (you might want to tweak how you have ordered your powers before the fights).

-Indigo

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
there is no battles that are truly hard in marleybone for WDs.

Witch Hunter can be worked around so to me it doesn't really concern me if a class has that epic.

If you use swashbucklers with ripsote 3 and one other epic with dodge,acc,rough,then agility and 1 good range companion tossed in. There wont be any fight in marleybone that you will find difficult

Cruel Darius Blake 65

Ensign
Nov 05, 2012
This wasn't hard for me at all. It was too easy. I think KI needs a better challenge

Stormy Wolf Gordon
Level 65 Academy Superstar

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
eh bishop was a little hard rooke sound easy one word EASY!

Ensign
Nov 05, 2012
Funny thing is, most fights are very easy for me. There should be a fight where a boss will use Jobu's Breath every round

Petty Officer
Aug 04, 2010
marleybone is pretty easy to me being a witchdoctor myself.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
I'm not a Witchdoctor (), but when I saw Witch Hunter, I didn't know what that was until I used Ghost Wale on him... Honestly, my first thought was like, "Finally! Witch doctors have an weakness!" lol

I mean not to be rude, but honestly, Witch Hunter is somewhat the same as First Strike or perhaps Vengeance Attack for us using swords and stuff (or Quick Draw for those with muskets), except it only triggers when you use an epic and not a regular strike... lucky...

At least you have a chance to hit Rooke without one of his epics going off on you (both you and Musketeers). I'm a Swashbuckler, so me just getting near him will trigger his Epic Defense to push me back a square or two to where I can't even hit him! I have to position one of my companions, or myself, between Rooke and someone else, so when his Defense kicks in, he won't push me out of the way to hitting him. And then I have to face the fact that he has First Strike, Relentless, and Vengeance (if i remember correctly) and can hit me multiple times in one sitting, because his Defense, or whatever, will trigger him to hit me and any other companions I have near him several times in one round. That's even counting his actual attack or his other epics triggering like First Strike, OR his little robot minions... (i'm just glad i had a very high dodge )
My advice, if you're a Swashbuckler, Buccaneer, or whatever (Privateer), is to use your Musketeers when fighting Rooke... Having a bunch of companions that need him to hit dead-on isn't gonna work out so well

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
The First Swashbuc... on Jul 10, 2013 wrote:
eh bishop was a little hard rooke sound easy one word EASY!
uhhhh i fought rooke and i am now in aqulia and rooke was HARD!

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
Since we're all going on about Rooke right now I decided I'll pitch in.

NO ONE has really bothered describing Rooke very much, so I'll take the liberty to list them: Rooke has 3 hidden epics that can really turn frustrating when first disvovered. Rookechet is a move that bounces a regular musketeer hit (possibly withdoctor as well I haven't seen one against him yet, kind of contradicting the point of this whole topic.) and makes it hit an ally. Overprotection is the move that kindly pushes you away and damages you, kind of nerfing melee. BUT the trick to countering that is either letting him come to you or use the crowds of armada soldiers to your advantage and squeeze in. Speaking of counters, his last technical cheat move is Counter gambit, which is kind of weird and random, it can be used either as a second chance or a riposte so far I've seen. Also I kinda have to question the witch hunter thing. Is that activated if he's right next to you or as far away as possible, also what is the technical name of it? (the name that pops above his head when he uses it)

Skinny Duncan Roland 65
Endgamer

Corrupt Morgrim Nightingale25
Undead Reaper