Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

More Sleep tokens!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 16, 2009
I want more sleep tokens...
some of my companions are really bugging me I know you think "Well get more training points then!"
But some are really useless, as a musketeer while other schools get the good companions. And we're sitting here with a fat Crab Harpooner -.-... he dies easily.

But I know we have some now, but meaning in the crown shop. My idea for the price range is from 500-1000. 500 for a bundle of 3, 1,200 for a bundle of 6.

Just putting my 2 cents for sleep tokens.~

Wolf
Level 28 Musketeer.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Maybe... But I'm pretty sure the price would be quite a bit higher. Maybe they can include these in their newest pack, just as a random thing, or they could be their own (like the Pack o' 6 porters or whatever in Wizard101) pack where you get 3 or 6 like you said. If they did this it would probably be 2,000 or more crowns for three and 5,000 or more for six.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Wolf Strongshield on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
some of my companions are really bugging me I know you think "Well get more training points then!"
But some are really useless, as a musketeer while other schools get the good companions. And we're sitting here with a fat Crab Harpooner -.-... he dies easily.

But I know we have some now, but meaning in the crown shop. My idea for the price range is from 500-1000. 500 for a bundle of 3, 1,200 for a bundle of 6.

Wolf
Level 28 Musketeer.
Yes I want more sleep tokens too and it seems like we don't get enough of them.romantic rebbeca ivring level 65 .

Ensign
Jun 08, 2013
I completely agree I have used all my sleep tokens. And I still have useless companions in the thirtys because it would be a waste to train them. Most the time I get my good ones but sometimes a weak one will pop in and ruin a battle.

see you in the sky fellow musketeer

Brave Blaze Everheart level 53

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
Just PLEASE Kingsisle take this idea. I will pay to just get rid of useless companions.

Petty Officer
Jul 12, 2013
Maybe if they put it in a pack they could call the pack Dream Pack.

Ensign
Jun 26, 2012
How about more sleep tokens? They were "promised" as we progressed in levels but NOTHING has ever appeared!!

Community Leader
Ah, was wondering how long it would be before this subject surfaced again.

KI is very focused on how companion management works in the game.
This was a very touchy subject.

Many players wanted different solutions, and the benching tokens as they are actually referred was the solution that KI gave us as a reasonable option, that didn't "break" overall companion management. One of the facets of the game is managing these companions, their training, training tomes, etc. Bench Tokens provide a work around from that (don't have to manage benched companions).

Might be nice if they offered more via the crown shop, and I believe we will get more as we continue to level.
As it is we get 1 about every 16-17 rounds based on the 3 we got at level 50. So we are likely to get more when additional content is added and level caps are raised. (going from 50-65 with the last content update isn't quite enough for another bench token based on the previous pattern)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Petty Officer
Mar 29, 2012
Hi pirates,

I never use sleep tokens, it's like gambling, if I get a companion that is not so strong, bad luck, I make the best out of it then, I give all my companions the change to shine on the battle board

Blaze

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012

Wolf
Level 28 Musketeer.
Louis le Bisque happens to be one of my best companions as a musketeer. Lots of 65th level pirates use Louis and his clone Pepe De Tourteau in PvP. He does get Rain of Mortarshells, another Epic talent and more armor after his second promotion. You must not be using him right. Also, if a companion you don't like much is defeated in a fight, don't revive him until you lose one you care about more. I made it to 50th level in all 5 classes without needing help and without benching any companions. You can Too. Now that we have sleep tokens, I am free to specialize my less awesome companions and I bench them until I need them. Privateers are issued the worst companions who can speak. I reset them as witch hunters and bring them to the top of my crew roster, when I fight the dreaded Satyrs and Fire Dancer Ophidians in Aquila.
65th level

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I don't think any companion is useless. They are not all superstars but they still help you out when they are out there.

Captain
May 16, 2011

Wolf
Level 28 Musketeer.
Well, that problem doesn't really bug me. I have like 3 sleep tokens, but I don't use them. Most of my low level companions are now in the 50s, because I actually cared about training them. They used to be in the 30s. Besides, they have a lower than l% chance of appearing in a fight anyway, so they hardly ever appear in my fights. And if they do, I just give them a bit of protection, instead of leaving them for dead.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Row4n412 on Oct 22, 2013 wrote:
Louis le Bisque happens to be one of my best companions as a musketeer. Lots of 65th level pirates use Louis and his clone Pepe De Tourteau in PvP. He does get Rain of Mortarshells, another Epic talent and more armor after his second promotion. You must not be using him right. Also, if a companion you don't like much is defeated in a fight, don't revive him until you lose one you care about more. I made it to 50th level in all 5 classes without needing help and without benching any companions. You can Too. Now that we have sleep tokens, I am free to specialize my less awesome companions and I bench them until I need them. Privateers are issued the worst companions who can speak. I reset them as witch hunters and bring them to the top of my crew roster, when I fight the dreaded Satyrs and Fire Dancer Ophidians in Aquila.
65th level
Now That's using the tools we are given and using them wisely. Well done.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Row4n412 on Oct 22, 2013 wrote:
65th level
I agree about Louis too. His extra bombs are great when I am stacking a particularly lethal trap with several layers of damage. Most enemies are in the red before they even get close enough to hit my team, either that or they don't survive long enough to do any damage. Also, Louis can bust fire as much as anne and he can really clear the board. Just train him right and protect or heal him when needed. He is almost always my first or second mate.

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
I will pay to get rid of companions. Although all of them aren't as good as others,they can still help.