Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Marleybone housing vendor ripoff!!!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
I don't know if this was done intentionally or not, but the price of the "large pile of treasure" housing item is a total ripoff!!!
The price for it is set at 150,000 gold!!!!
That's 1 and a half times as much as I paid for my Buccaneer's Den house!
I don't know if an extra zero was put in the price by accident, but I want my gold refunded, cuz that "large pile of treasure" item isn't worth that amount. It's worth 10,000 max!
So, u might want to fix that price.....

I don't care if I'm given the refund in gold, or in crowns (since 10 gold is equal to 1 crown).
Please send me a private message with a promotional code for my 150,000 gold refund (or 15,000 crowns), and I'll be very appreciative.

Also, you might want to alter the housing item preview, so it shows how big the items are next to a member's character, so ripoffs like the 1 in this message never happens again.

Thanks in advance for the refund,
BonzueSilktail

P.S.
If the admins or moderators that read this wish to discuss this matter further, please Private Message me.

Administrator
Hello! These piles of gold are appropriately priced. As indicated in the recent update notes: "For those with a lot of spare gold lying around, we've added larger piles of gold that can be purchased as housing items so you can show off your wealth"

For any Customer Support issues dealing with a refund, you will want to contact support@pirate101.com.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
LOL

I bought one out of curiousity.
Sells at the bazaar for 75000 gold if anyone was curious.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Jack, there is another post about this. I think the biggest complaint is that the "large" part of the pile is not what folks are expecting for such a high price. I haven't purchased it so I do not know but the other post said that it is barely larger than the one we get for finishing Gunn's quest. I think the issue is they want a really large pile to reflect that it cost 1 and a half houses to get it.

Community Leader
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 3, 2013 wrote:
Jack, there is another post about this. I think the biggest complaint is that the "large" part of the pile is not what folks are expecting for such a high price. I haven't purchased it so I do not know but the other post said that it is barely larger than the one we get for finishing Gunn's quest. I think the issue is they want a really large pile to reflect that it cost 1 and a half houses to get it.
Amen!!!

There are other "piles of gold" that are almost exactly the same size in the game.

I was very disappointed in the one I bought as an experiment, wasnt expecting much, but gee.
Its not the pile O treasure its plays itself up to be!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Dr Zeppers on Jun 3, 2013 wrote:
LOL

I bought one out of curiousity.
Sells at the bazaar for 75000 gold if anyone was curious.
Wow, that's horrible. So much for the theory of using it as a banking system. Not only do we not get interest for saving our gold, it depreciates worse than a mobile home .