Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is Purple Too Rare?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
I've noticed when you pick the colors of your base outfit in character creation, there is no purple option. Why is this? You got to pick purple as a color in Wizards, but not here? Is it because purple was the rarest and most expensive color in the past?

Lieutenant
May 06, 2012
AstroStorm on Mar 17, 2013 wrote:
I've noticed when you pick the colors of your base outfit in character creation, there is no purple option. Why is this? You got to pick purple as a color in Wizards, but not here? Is it because purple was the rarest and most expensive color in the past?
Well as Mr. Grandy says some dyes are rarer then others
Quiet Zachary Armstrong

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
Doctor Z on Mar 17, 2013 wrote:
Well as Mr. Grandy says some dyes are rarer then others
Quiet Zachary Armstrong
Yet we can still dye our gear purple.

Ensign
May 21, 2011
I'm pretty sure there is a purple option when you create your pirate. I've chosen it a couple of times. There just aren't multiple shades of purple like when you go to buy clothing in the game or to the dye shop but that's true for all the colors. Not every shade of every color is available when creating a pirate.

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
EchoGecko456 on Mar 19, 2013 wrote:
I'm pretty sure there is a purple option when you create your pirate. I've chosen it a couple of times. There just aren't multiple shades of purple like when you go to buy clothing in the game or to the dye shop but that's true for all the colors. Not every shade of every color is available when creating a pirate.
Are you talking about the pirate's base clothing or the flag options? I've tried all the options and there is no purple for the pirates.

Community Leader
AstroStorm on Mar 19, 2013 wrote:
Are you talking about the pirate's base clothing or the flag options? I've tried all the options and there is no purple for the pirates.
I have friends that have flags so purple I pick on them about it.
Its there somewhere. I see purple flags, purple ElToros/companions, etc.
Its been a topic of conversation among my friends... their purpleness..

Maybe its just not a shade your looking for?

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
May 21, 2011
AstroStorm on Mar 19, 2013 wrote:
I'm talking about the clothing. Two of my pirates have purple on their base clothing that I gave them when I created my pirate and I just went in to create a new pirate now to make sure I wasn't crazy and I'm looking right at the purple so...

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
EchoGecko456 on Mar 20, 2013 wrote:
I'm talking about the clothing. Two of my pirates have purple on their base clothing that I gave them when I created my pirate and I just went in to create a new pirate now to make sure I wasn't crazy and I'm looking right at the purple so...
I tested it, purple is indeed in the options, for girls only. Well at least in the game we'll be able to freely pick our colors.

Captain
May 13, 2011
AstroStorm on Mar 23, 2013 wrote:
I tested it, purple is indeed in the options, for girls only. Well at least in the game we'll be able to freely pick our colors.
gender stereotype again? im pretty sure pink is only available for girls in W101 (though i heard the catchphrase "real men wear pink"). come on, let boys choose whatever color they like