Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Relentless as an Epic Talent?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 09, 2012
I believe that relentless should be an epic talent, an ability that should be open for all classes. Everyone please put your thoughts!

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
Heavyshark on Feb 13, 2013 wrote:
I believe that relentless should be an epic talent, an ability that should be open for all classes. Everyone please put your thoughts!
Yeah i would like to have this awesome advantage, if other doesn't get it ofc .

Community Leader
Well it is an epic talent.
However it is a Melee epic talent.
Being a melee class talent, it wouldnt apply/work for all pirate classes.

I have a feeling that a lot of these talents are going to become available as the game progresses.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
Relentless is useless for musketeers and witch doctors though.

Petty Officer
Dec 09, 2012
Just so you now, there is also mojo echo for witchdoctors, and burst fire for musketeers.

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
Heavyshark on Feb 16, 2013 wrote:
Just so you now, there is also mojo echo for witchdoctors, and burst fire for musketeers.
, , and could get relentless while and could get mojo echo and burst fire. Also I think that , , should also get flanking and and should get crossfire and i think counterspell.
Bristly Kevin

Petty Officer
Dec 09, 2012
I know, it stinks that witchdoctors don't get any epic talents, only spells and talents.

Community Leader
Heavyshark on Mar 7, 2013 wrote:
I know, it stinks that witchdoctors don't get any epic talents, only spells and talents.
The classes are developed to have different strengths, different weaknesses, etc.

Non-Witchdoctor pirate classes think that it stinks that Witchdoctors get more talents/abilities than any other class.

Everything cant be the same, that would be boring....
Lack of epics is one of the designed aspects of Witchdoctors.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
I think this talent should be open during the next world and will be brought into a quest.
For musketeers it should be Burst Fire and for Witchdocters it's the epic that makes them attack again (lol I forgot the name).
Neat ideas!

Petty Officer
Dec 09, 2012
Every class has its benefits. I was under the impression that a buccaneer will always do more damage than a swashbuckler. But I was out yesterday, and I saw a swashbuckler do more damage than I could, at level 45, when I was 50. Misconception, but aren't buccaneers supposed to be big brutes that do unimaginable damage? A swashuckler doing a special did more than I ever could. They did about 300, 300, then 700 damage, on an epic. The most I can get with my vanguards greaves, which give epic critical guaranteed, is with the walk in shadows was this. 300, 300, 300, just like that, exactly. ???

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Heavyshark on Apr 10, 2013 wrote:
Every class has its benefits. I was under the impression that a buccaneer will always do more damage than a swashbuckler. But I was out yesterday, and I saw a swashbuckler do more damage than I could, at level 45, when I was 50. Misconception, but aren't buccaneers supposed to be big brutes that do unimaginable damage? A swashuckler doing a special did more than I ever could. They did about 300, 300, then 700 damage, on an epic. The most I can get with my vanguards greaves, which give epic critical guaranteed, is with the walk in shadows was this. 300, 300, 300, just like that, exactly. ???
Buccaneers are the tankers. They're specialty is to use high armor and brutality to out do their opponents. They gain the most health and have the highest amount of Epics yet suffer from having small amounts of Powers. You are right that Buccaneers are the big, bad, brutes of the game, but not in Power, simply Epics. That's not a bad thing as all those Epics add up for them to be a major Power house. Barely taking damage. Getting it and then throwing a deadly blow right back at the enemy. They're pretty special

Swashbucklers on the other hand, have an amazing amount of damage. They sacrificed the Buccaneer's Tough (health) for a good amount of Rough (damage). Swashbuckler's can do the most damage and have the best dodgey out of any other school, however, have low health and can be defeated quickly (only if luck is on the oppnent's side). Their low amount of health isn't all a bad at all. It just means that they must be quick on their feet before defeat becomes eminent (can't tell if I spelled that right).

So, no, a Buccaneer will not always do more damage than a Swashbuckler. Just a Swashbuckler's will not have the most Epics over Buccaneers. All schools strengths and weaknesses just add to the fun of the game. If you can place two schools together where each other's weaknesses are their strengths, you'll see an epic battle of powerful enemy butt-whoppings!

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2011
Just to state this. Swashbucklers do more damage than all classes but would die without there dodge relentless shouldnt be on el toro or swashbucklers because it would be unfair to all also they should make a witchdoctor blade storm! Witchdoctors rely on range and musketeers rely on range and traps. However buccaneers rely on buffs and brute force to take down enemies. However unlike swashbucklers they have lots of health but low dodge. privateers rely on anything they can get their hands on and heal others while being a leader to the group.

If anything witchdoctors should get counterspell and privateers should get repel boarders in the game somehow!
not to mention musketeers get quick draw and double tap buccaneers get blade storm vengeance strike and such but swashbucklers get first strike and increase their dodge so riposte happens more often

hope i set things straight for you guys

kingisle's #1 fan

Lovable Seth Parker level 50. Aka that guy that you just saw post

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Heavyshark on Feb 16, 2013 wrote:
Exactly that is pretty much the same thing as relentless except it has a different name and I also belive all privateers, buccaneers, and swashbucklers should get relentless as an epic it would make it amazing
Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 50
Merciless Ethan Jenkins swashbuckler lvl 50