Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Scorpions too hard

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 09, 2012
The scorpions in Arroyo Grande are way too hard for my character to fight.They dodge most of my attacks and then poison my character and companions then they hit me with about 200 damage
Does anyone have any suggestions for how to fight them

Bosun
May 10, 2010
JacobTHEPirate1243 on Dec 28, 2012 wrote:
The scorpions in Arroyo Grande are way too hard for my character to fight.They dodge most of my attacks and then poison my character and companions then they hit me with about 200 damage
This is a side quest, do more main story line quests and level up, then train your companions. Return back here when you are higher level and you should have an easier time. Also, Scorpions have heavy armor, so ranged units work very well against them.

Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2010
I suggest to finish up some of the side quests you have left. I found it pretty difficult to. I asked a friend to help me or I joined another group of people defeating the scorpions. It's easier it may take a little longer but if you work together you'll be done before you know it!

Community Leader
It sounds to me like your fighting the Stingtails.

If your quest simply calls for Scorpions, go further on down the area to where there are no Stingtails.

Stingtails are only required for one quest as I recall, and can be avoided otherwise.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
In addition, there are several quests for scorpions. Despite what the quest arrow says, often scorpions from one area will count for a quest in another area.

Get two or three of these scorpion quests together, then go in with a partner. Yes, there will be twice as many scorpions, but done right, instead of taking two to three rounds to take out a single scorpion, you can take one out each round because you gang up on them. Reducing their numbers quickly is the key to survival.

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
Need more info , first of all what level are you? I started the scorpions with my level 17 witchdoctor and went right for scorpius at end of scorpion tasks after that it was a breeze. The scorpions for a level 17 with crew average level of 15 i had no trouble fighting them. Whatever trouble you are having sounds like a crew problem not high enough for that area. Train a few levels for your companions change firstamates to one with more hitpoints and ac cause they are melee so they do less damage to a toon with higher armor class. Good luck pirate.

Ensign
Aug 09, 2012
Try using attack powers, that help for me. i hope this helps.

Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
Stingtails are overpowered with the poison. The queen hornets get it as well so focus them first usually with range. If you can't kill the named/stingtail/queen hornet fast enough make sure you're spread out so it doesn't hit but one of your companions or yourself.

Ensign
Jun 03, 2012
Darth JT on Dec 28, 2012 wrote:
This is a side quest, do more main story line quests and level up, then train your companions. Return back here when you are higher level and you should have an easier time. Also, Scorpions have heavy armor, so ranged units work very well against them.
Its not a side Quest. Its main story line. So its not a side quest btw.

Ensign
Feb 17, 2010
I feel ya, the scorpions are very hard, here would be my suggestion.
Swashbuckler: Try some different companion combinations, get nurse Quinn if you don't already have her, and hide in the shadows and strike when ready, also get the accurate talent or accuracy boosting gear, it helps. Or if you can't get your hands on the accurate talent (and or gear) try the dodgy talent, they dodge you, you dodge them.

Buckaneer: Just endure all the hits, then strike with a multi target if possible

Witchdoctor: Just fight, heal, multi target, fight , heal , multi target

Privateer : Use your companions wisely

Musketeer: Strike form a distance, don't let them get close

Hope it helps

Shadowblizzards