Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can i change the class of my character?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 08, 2012
im a lvl 15 witchdoctor, but i would like to be a buccaneer. Is there any way i could change the class of my character or would i have to create a new one?

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
You would have to create a new character.

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
No there is currently (and probably never will be) a way to change your class.

Dead-eye Luke, Level 50

Captain
May 13, 2011
thats why we have different classes, to keep the game social and no soloers

Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
You do receive practice points as you advance through the game, as these allow you to buy cross-class skills with trainers besides your own. At level 15 you have probably received only one, but you receive another at 16 (I think) and every time you finish one of Prospector Zeke's quests (find the Funky Bunches, etc) he gives you one. So you can make a witch doctor who really likes running up to people and thumping them. (My witch doctor likes lurking at the back zapping people while her crew take the hard knocks associated with melee brawls).

Alternatively, you can start a buccaneer, play him or her for awhile, and see which style of play you prefer. I have a character of each class. My witchdoctor always travels with a privateer, but my other four are solo characters at this point. I enjoy all five classes. Maybe a slight nod to the shwashbuckler for style. But the WD is extremely effective (she is the highest, at 38).

Community Leader
Mercliss Matthew S... on Dec 27, 2012 wrote:
i wanna change my flag XD
Although we cannot change our pirate classes, and likely will not ever be able to.
(if we can reset everything whats the point of making decisions to begin with)

They have already indicated a plan to implement a means of changing our flags in the future.
Just may take them awhile to give us that feature.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Community Leader
One reason we will likely never be able to "change" our class, is that they each have very different advancement quest lines, not main line, but various task quest lines. Something you cant just "switch" after they have been done.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV