Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Shared Houses ... why not?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I think all characters on an account should have access to all houses beyond the player's dorm rooms. I don't know why the game wouldn't want to allow this as players don't really want to get the same house for all their characters, they want different houses and they want to be able to enjoy what they have and have already decorated. When I think about it, I would be more prone to buying more houses if all my characters could share them and choose which one they want to be active. Those who don't have houses and have several characters would more than likely also be interested in having a house or two if all their characters could use them, which would mean that in terms of money the game would be more apt to make more money by allowing such housing access than not allowing it.

Ensign
Nov 26, 2012
Hmm. Well I see your point of view for sure. But I also think it may be possible for KI to make more money when each character has their own house. Why? Because then people may want to purchase more houses for their most active characters.

Me? I am not into the houses at all. So my opinion probably doesn't matter all that much. I have only visited my house once, and I generally see houses as a way to waste crowns when you could get something to better your game play. -Shrugs- But that could just be me.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
xboyisamonster on Dec 1, 2012 wrote:
Hmm. Well I see your point of view for sure. But I also think it may be possible for KI to make more money when each character has their own house. Why? Because then people may want to purchase more houses for their most active characters.

Me? I am not into the houses at all. So my opinion probably doesn't matter all that much. I have only visited my house once, and I generally see houses as a way to waste crowns when you could get something to better your game play. -Shrugs- But that could just be me.
Like you said though, you aren't into houses but a lot of people who aren't into house might become into houses if all their characters could use them. When you get a house you don't really want to get the same house on other characters and having a house on a character doesn't make you want to stop having new houses on it. People do like to collect houses, but its pointless to do so when your characters are limitted to how many houses they have and can't share houses. It would be nice to be of low level and have a house already done that you can show to your friends and its nice when your friends all have houses. I ask someone if they have a house and they say yes but on a different character and it makes you feel kinda sad cause you are unable then to see it. I think KingsIsle is losing money by not having characters sharing houses upon the same account as I think more players would get houses and more houses and enjoy the game a bit more if they were shared.