Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

FYI My ten-year-old daughter says

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
And we now have Gracie, Serpent Augur, and an Eagle Archer.

Nice work KI, hope to see more soon because I have a nearly all boys crew. I:

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I too am quite happy to see the new female crewmembers.

-Indigo

Petty Officer
Jan 01, 2013
Maybe if they make Krokotopia into a world, they could have Krokshepsut(Hatshepsut), Krokopatra(Cleopatra), into possible companions, they were very famous and powerful queens of ancient Egypt.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Ratbeard on Feb 10, 2013 wrote:
That's one way to look at it, I guess.

On the other hand, she's a cat ninja.

As these types of companions go, I'd rather have a cool cat ninja in my party than some random Monquistador.

We don't, as a general rule, create promotion ranks for villains. What you see is what you get. So our choice is to give you cool villains as soon as the story allows (Fin, Froggo Villa, the Cat Ninja), and then get around to their promotion ranks and extra animations and custom powers when we have the workflow bandwidth to do it.

We need concept artists to figure out what the next promotion should look like, and then a modeler takes that concept art and creates the new tiers, and then an animation artist creates new animations, and then some devious rat decides if the character should have a custom power (like teleporting...) and then that concept goes back to animation and then to particle artists who create the pops and zaps and bangs, and let's not forget the sound crew... and then finally we'll get the companion combat-ready with all the level, stats, and talent data that she needs.

Even if we don't have a concrete plan to add any tiers to a villain, we would rather give you access to the villain as soon as it makes sense with the story. Our writing staff is awesome-- but we would much rather they were writing new stuff for you guys, so we have to strike while the iron is hot if we're going to smoothly integrate these companions into your crew through the quest dialog.

If the Cat Ninja had the power level of a Tier 2 or Tier 3 promotion as soon as you picked her up, then there would be nowhere for her to go if we ever decided to give you additional promotion ranks.

It might help if you looked at these villain companions and said, "Wow! This cat ninja has tons of room for improvement!"

Because that's how I see all our little creations.
Isn't Ratbeard an enemy companion???

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
El Christo on Nov 14, 2012 wrote:
That doesn't sound very feasible. Maybe in the future we'll have more feminine Companions, but do your daughter as a Cap'n really want to discriminate?
I'd simply suggest to her to keep Bonnie as a first mate for now. She alone has plenty of girl power
you know what, it's not a big deal if the girl wants some companions! I want mary reed, crane shootist! I want Moolan, cow warrior lady! Who wants a bro-fest?! Don't say i'm entitled, cause this is the shipyards and it's meant for demanding. I'm a man, but i'd still like more female companions. bundles should pick genders because who would not want handsome dan and Beautiful Danica as a duo? Or a female Hammerhead smasher to go with Mr.Cutthroat?

P.S. I would say rude things to you if this was not a E10+ message board.

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
Frozenmuskets on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
you know what, it's not a big deal if the girl wants some companions! I want mary reed, crane shootist! I want Moolan, cow warrior lady! Who wants a bro-fest?! Don't say i'm entitled, cause this is the shipyards and it's meant for demanding. I'm a man, but i'd still like more female companions. bundles should pick genders because who would not want handsome dan and Beautiful Danica as a duo? Or a female Hammerhead smasher to go with Mr.Cutthroat?

P.S. I would say rude things to you if this was not a E10+ message board.
Hahaha Moolan. I get it. Mulan from the Disney movie. Anyone who doesn't know Mulan. It is a movie where a girl wants to show she is tough enough to be in the army. Her friend is a dragon. (Forgot his name.) I play Kingdom Hearts so this is how I know about Disney Movies that are old.

Ensign
May 22, 2011
Thomas Stormweaver on Nov 14, 2012 wrote:
that there aren't enough female companions, either who join on their own or who you can purchase. She would like to have like 12 females so she can expect an all female lineup during her fights.

She likes buccaneers and swashbucklers and is about half-way through Cool Ranch.
That is SO true. Woman have right to be in a video game too! I mean i girl captain with only Bonnie anne as a girl companion! Also start making good looking witchdoctors. Its really offensive to some people ( aka ME ).

#1 witchdoctor out.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
While the film made Mulan better known in the west, Disney based the film on an ancient Chinese folk tale. I was expecting to meet a "Moolan" all through Mooshu.

Although I have said it elsewhere, it is appropriate to post again here, I think: I really like Frozenmusket's suggestion that future bundle cards allow you to choose the gender of a companion.

-Indigo

Petty Officer
May 22, 2011
Well, I sometimes have an all female line up. I'm just starting Marelybone, and keep my favorite girl companions very high up in the system.

Ensign
Apr 15, 2011
Regarding, Zeena, the new Eagle Archer, the fact that she's an Amazon makes me think that she should be a companion for girl players, and that the guys should get a male eagle archer. Seeing as the Amazons don't hold men in high regards.

Ruthless Rebecca Radcliffe

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
I am a musketeer Level 46 and all i have is Bonnie Anne and as far as i know all Musketeers get through the whole story so far is four femal companions :( make more females for musketeers!

Ensign
Sep 29, 2010
A Mythspent Youth on Nov 18, 2012 wrote:
Because the Spiral isn't an historical recreation and this isn't the 18th century.

If those things were the case, (and this game existed) then not only would all the characters in the game male, but all the players would be as well. And this isn't a question of who "dominates". No one is talking about replacing most of the male NPCs with femlae NPCs. It's about giving everyone a chance to see themselves reflected in their game world with something close to the same frequency as they see in real life.

Regardless of the fictionalized time the game is set in, we, the players, live now. Our fantasy worlds should reflect not only the best of who we are, but who we aspire to be.
Now here is the thing. You want to live in a fantasy world that is set in the 18th century yet you refuse to let go of this current world for the time being? Although I'm against the idea of adding more Female Npc's, the truth of the matter is that the game is meant to be about pirates, and that's how pirates were. It was not rare or uncommon to find a crew with females on it. The whole point of the game is to recreate a pirate lifestyle without all the bad things that they did back then. If more female npc's are added let them be spread out evenly through the classes.

Ensign
Mar 19, 2011
I am a level 18 swashbuckler and I am doing pretty good what I don't get is in the crown shop the wepons are sucky for my level and the good ones are to high of a level I just don't undersatnd

Ensign
Jan 28, 2013
jordan35884 on Nov 22, 2012 wrote:
Let me tell you something.

In the world of pirates... There hasnt been much girls in pirate crews. Its mostly boys.
So, the admins cannot add too much girls. that would just ruin it.
well, this is just a game and a lot of girls play it so it wouldn't really ruin it. p.s. I am a boy lvl 65

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
A Mythspent Youth on Nov 14, 2012 wrote:
You know, I understood all the words you wrote there, but taken as a whole none of what you said makes any sense. How is wanting to see a fair gender balance over all (and an all-girl team personally) discrimination?

While I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, the message you've just sent to a 10-year-old is essentially, "Be grateful you got Bonnie Anne and get over it."

As a grown woman, I agree with the girl here. More female NPCs, please. We're over half the population in the real world, so it stands to reason that we should be more than 5 of the companion compliment in the Spiral.

Bonnie Anne
Sarah Steele
Lucy Sterling
Calamity Jane Canary
Nurse Quinn Medicine Chicken

That's all I've seen so far. And no, I don't count Nikita. A pink non-sentient doesn't cut it, thanks.
there are actually more girl companions like: Mustang Sally, Gracie Conrad(with the update),Zeena(with the update),shiriku neko(you have to be in mooshu to get her),And lots of crown shop companions!Pretty Nicole level 55 swashbuckler

Ensign
Feb 09, 2013
Ensign
Sep 24, 2010
it seems there are 2 arguments here. gender equality(more girl companions). and historical accuracy (more girl companions would ruin the game) first of all. flying whales and talking bison. historical accuracy is not a priority here. gender equality. well. valid argument but nobody is going to want to do it b/c the female companions like nurse Quinn are weak. it would be perfectly fine with me as long as they aren't well. wimpy. if they can't beat nanu nanu then I don't want them on my crew(I put my only bench token on nanu nanu)

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
There are male companions as weak as Nurse Quinn. And some of the female companions are very strong (Bonnie Anne, Sarah/Lucy, the Ninja, Emily, etc.). They seem to run the same range from "eh" to "woohoo" that the males companions do.

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Ooops, no "Emily". I meant "Gracie". Sorry.

-Indigo

Ensign
Nov 09, 2012
I agree. The # of girl companions is way low. I am a buccaneer and here are my female companions: Bonnie Anne, Nadya, Gracie Conrad and Zeena. Of all 22 of my companions, 4 are girls. But 2 of the girl companions are major and are really good in battle (especially Bonnie Anne)! I also noticed that there are more boy players than girl players. I guess this game is more targeted towards boys.

Ensign
Feb 08, 2013
Zlyxer on Jul 4, 2013 wrote:
Hahaha Moolan. I get it. Mulan from the Disney movie. Anyone who doesn't know Mulan. It is a movie where a girl wants to show she is tough enough to be in the army. Her friend is a dragon. (Forgot his name.) I play Kingdom Hearts so this is how I know about Disney Movies that are old.
His name is actually "MooShu" XD

Ensign
Dec 20, 2008
Thomas Stormweaver on Nov 14, 2012 wrote:
Well, she just turned 10 and thinks boys are a pain. Don't think it's really a descrimination situation.
Well she gets a girl medicine chicken in cool ranch and boys aren't pains

Ensign
Dec 20, 2008
yeah your right maybe a that would be cool

Ensign
Nov 01, 2012
Well, even though I am not fond of Bonnie Anne, and I am a boy, I agree. I only have HER and I am a buccaneer, level 41, it stands to reason.RULE

Petty Officer
Jun 08, 2012
A Mythspent Youth on Nov 14, 2012 wrote:
You know, I understood all the words you wrote there, but taken as a whole none of what you said makes any sense. How is wanting to see a fair gender balance over all (and an all-girl team personally) discrimination?

While I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, the message you've just sent to a 10-year-old is essentially, "Be grateful you got Bonnie Anne and get over it."

As a grown woman, I agree with the girl here. More female NPCs, please. We're over half the population in the real world, so it stands to reason that we should be more than 5 of the companion compliment in the Spiral.

Bonnie Anne
Sarah Steele
Lucy Sterling
Calamity Jane Canary
Nurse Quinn Medicine Chicken

That's all I've seen so far. And no, I don't count Nikita. A pink non-sentient doesn't cut it, thanks.
I think s/he was talking about how she just wants females, and not males. Even though the two most used companions are females(Bonnie and Zeena).