Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

FYI My ten-year-old daughter says

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 25, 2010
I agree! MORE GIRL POWER! I'd like a female version to every male crew version and visa versa. Then when you get to put them on your crew you get the option if you want the male or female.

I am tired of all my mates being male!

Ensign
Aug 17, 2009
They could bring in Bonnie's old friend Reedy Mary. That would be fun.

Ensign
Dec 01, 2012
Ensign
May 07, 2011
So far I have only seen these female companions:

Nurse Quinn (found her in some side quest in Cool Ranch)
Sarah Steele (I think is limited to swashbuckler only)
Bonnie Anne
Mustang Sally (I'm not sure if she's limited to anyone or not, but I got her and El Toro both at the same time)
Mustang Gypsy (I don't have this one, but I've seen it once)
Nikeeta (She is a skarakeet that is unlocked in the crown shop after you defeat her in a side quest)

These are just what I've seen so far that are females, so if you want these then I guess you can try to find them.

Ensign
Dec 01, 2012
Are the developer's considering this or shrugging it off?

Administrator
Mobex on Dec 13, 2012 wrote:
Are the developer's considering this or shrugging it off?
We're definitely listening! More female companions will continue to be added to the game through expansions and other means.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
A Mythspent Youth on Nov 14, 2012 wrote:
You know, I understood all the words you wrote there, but taken as a whole none of what you said makes any sense. How is wanting to see a fair gender balance over all (and an all-girl team personally) discrimination?

While I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, the message you've just sent to a 10-year-old is essentially, "Be grateful you got Bonnie Anne and get over it."

As a grown woman, I agree with the girl here. More female NPCs, please. We're over half the population in the real world, so it stands to reason that we should be more than 5 of the companion compliment in the Spiral.

Bonnie Anne
Sarah Steele
Lucy Sterling
Calamity Jane Canary
Nurse Quinn Medicine Chicken

That's all I've seen so far. And no, I don't count Nikita. A pink non-sentient doesn't cut it, thanks.
Well you cant expect KI to do everything

1) its KI's game they can do what ever they please to with it

2) It's a pretty new game so be patient for updates like that

3)its a virtual world it does not have to apply to real world standards

And don't judge that writer i think he has a very solid point

Scurvy orion lanyard lvl 43

Killian lvl 4

Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Dec 14, 2012 wrote:
We're definitely listening! More female companions will continue to be added to the game through expansions and other means.
Jack, that is absolutely BRILLIANT news! Thank you, KI!

Captain
May 13, 2011
there are lots of more boys that wanna fight than girls. at times like this, boys was looked on as a lot more valuable than girls

Ensign
Dec 13, 2008
Sneaky George Quar... on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
there are lots of more boys that wanna fight than girls. at times like this, boys was looked on as a lot more valuable than girls
Actually the original reason for restricting women from combat in the ancient world, was because women were too valuable to the tribes survival to be risked. Hunting was very dangerous, and it wasn't that men were better at it then women, it was just better for the tribe to lose half a dozen men then it was for them to lose even one woman.

And while it may be because I prefer strong women, I find that most of the women I know are more then willing to fight, whether it's virtual, verbal or physical.

Ensign
Mar 05, 2009
Ratbeard on Nov 14, 2012 wrote:
Yes! We need more!

You can add to your list:

Mustang Sally
Mustang Gypsy
Madame Nadya (FYI)

Ensign
Jan 01, 2010
Anyone that insists that this game can't or shouldn't contain more girl companions..... is just asking to be thought of as an internet forum troll. (Sorry I couldn't think of a better way to say it...). There IS no excuse nor valid reason for the genders to be unbalanced with either male or female companions. This game is not made to mirror real life. It is a flat out fantasy merely based on pirates and piracy with inspiration from pirate movies and pirate fiction. And likely with a lot of influence from the recent Pirates of the Caribbean movies. However, that movie was also heavy with fantasy. So don't think that because the game is about pirates and piracy that there needs to be any more boys than girls or vice versa. When we ask for more female companions, there really isn't a good reason we shouldn't get them. I cannot believe that it would be burdensome on the devs to come up with 20 or 30 more female companions and make a mint by putting 1/2 of them in the crown shop.
No. A companion is a few animation files, a set of stats, and a portrait. You could put 2 guys or gals on it and they could easily come up with these companions (at least the stats and a "first draft" drawing of the character) and I don't believe it would take too much longer to create the animations for the companions combat actions and idling actions in the game. I would think that it would take a few more people to do the animations, because I'm sure that hardest part of the whole "operation" would be the companions' in game animations, especially the combat animations.
So you can add me to the list of people that would like more female companions and I also am not 10, nor a female. I am a 51 year old male that just picked up the game shortly after release and got sucked into the fun! :) Wishing everyone (including the trolls, lol) a good time in the real world and a great time playing in Pirate101!

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
d4rkm0nk3y on Dec 22, 2012 wrote:
Anyone that insists that this game can't or shouldn't contain more girl companions..... is just asking to be thought of as an internet forum troll. (Sorry I couldn't think of a better way to say it...). There IS no excuse nor valid reason for the genders to be unbalanced with either male or female companions. This game is not made to mirror real life. It is a flat out fantasy merely based on pirates and piracy with inspiration from pirate movies and pirate fiction. And likely with a lot of influence from the recent Pirates of the Caribbean movies. However, that movie was also heavy with fantasy. So don't think that because the game is about pirates and piracy that there needs to be any more boys than girls or vice versa. When we ask for more female companions, there really isn't a good reason we shouldn't get them. I cannot believe that it would be burdensome on the devs to come up with 20 or 30 more female companions and make a mint by putting 1/2 of them in the crown shop.
No. A companion is a few animation files, a set of stats, and a portrait. You could put 2 guys or gals on it and they could easily come up with these companions (at least the stats and a "first draft" drawing of the character) and I don't believe it would take too much longer to create the animations for the companions combat actions and idling actions in the game. I would think that it would take a few more people to do the animations, because I'm sure that hardest part of the whole "operation" would be the companions' in game animations, especially the combat animations.
So you can add me to the list of people that would like more female companions and I also am not 10, nor a female. I am a 51 year old male that just picked up the game shortly after release and got sucked into the fun! :) Wishing everyone (including the trolls, lol) a good time in the real world and a great time playing in Pirate101!
now this guy here made some sense finally!

Community Leader
Speed Switch on Dec 28, 2012 wrote:
Im not against adding female companions, however that poster is over simplifying the process with addition of companions. It might seem like it should be that easy, but theres is a bit more to it than that, especially when it comes to KI's games. KI already is working on balancing of current companions/powers, you cant just add in 20-30 more by drawing a picture/animation and giving them stats. Its not that simple, it "might" be if they were simply crown shop companions, but I dont think that would be fair either.

There would be considerable more changes to the game to implement them in quest lines, etc. Give KI credit for acknowledging the situation, and implicating they will work towards balancing this out as they add new content.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2010
As a girl myself, I don't really care if they're more male companions then girls. I just want to actually play the game and level up. It doesn't matter to me if more male companions then girls.

Petty Officer
Jun 29, 2011
A Mythspent Youth on Nov 15, 2012 wrote:
Right! I forgot Mustang Sally. The gypsy I haven't seen though, she's not on any of my crews as yet.

I was thinking of it last night, running the different peoples of the spiral through my head and I realized that so far, I can't recall ever seeing a female crane, duck or goose, pig, guinea pig or sheep. Goats, yes. Cows, yes. Horses and monkeys, yes. None of the bison so far have been female.

There have been no male mice however, but then, the only mice at all so far are Sarah and Lucy. Except for the real estate agent in Wizard, I can't remember seeing any female cats, but in Pirate cats are pretty rare so far.

Hmm... I know I'm missing some.
There is the swashbuckler teacher!

Petty Officer
Jun 29, 2011
Ratbeard on Nov 14, 2012 wrote:
Yes! We need more!

You can add to your list:

Mustang Sally
Mustang Gypsy
And cat ninja, too.

Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
Speed Switch on Dec 28, 2012 wrote:
Agreed

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
A Mythspent Youth on Nov 14, 2012 wrote:
You know, I understood all the words you wrote there, but taken as a whole none of what you said makes any sense. How is wanting to see a fair gender balance over all (and an all-girl team personally) discrimination?

While I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, the message you've just sent to a 10-year-old is essentially, "Be grateful you got Bonnie Anne and get over it."

As a grown woman, I agree with the girl here. More female NPCs, please. We're over half the population in the real world, so it stands to reason that we should be more than 5 of the companion compliment in the Spiral.

Bonnie Anne
Sarah Steele
Lucy Sterling
Calamity Jane Canary
Nurse Quinn Medicine Chicken

That's all I've seen so far. And no, I don't count Nikita. A pink non-sentient doesn't cut it, thanks.
Don't forget the cat ninja! now she's got girl power!

Ensign
Feb 13, 2009
Honestly, I don't understand why everyone keeps bringing up the whole "in real life pirates where male" card, considering this is a fictional game! Obviously, this is based off of piracy when it existed in real life, but that also occured hundreds of years ago, and this game is in the here in now, the twenty first century. Not to mention the fact that there were plenty of female pirates (it will take you five seconds to find some through google) and possibly more than are even now known, as women often dressed up as men to find equal rights. Considering about half of the players on this game are girls (in fact, I think I have actually seen more girls than guys so far) there should be more female companions, to reflect the fan base of the game. Of course, I don't expect twenty new female companions to show up tomorrow just because I said so, but it is something for KI to consider, because honestly, as a girl I feel the balance to be tilting pretty heavily towards boys right now as far as companions. We don't even know the time period of the game, but considering Prospector Zeke and a few other W101 characters have made appearances, we can assume the two are taking place in the same time period, and W101 is pretty equal genderwise in its plot and characters. So really, there is no reason for KI to favor more male companions over girls, as they do right now (by a pretty large margin, too). Girls are just asking for things to be a bit more equal, so guys, don't freak out at us again for wanting to have more options!

--Clever Miranda Vaughn lvl. 28

Captain
May 13, 2011
if you want girls so badly, you can come up with a few

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Dr Zeppers on Dec 28, 2012 wrote:
Im not against adding female companions, however that poster is over simplifying the process with addition of companions. It might seem like it should be that easy, but theres is a bit more to it than that, especially when it comes to KI's games. KI already is working on balancing of current companions/powers, you cant just add in 20-30 more by drawing a picture/animation and giving them stats. Its not that simple, it "might" be if they were simply crown shop companions, but I dont think that would be fair either.

There would be considerable more changes to the game to implement them in quest lines, etc. Give KI credit for acknowledging the situation, and implicating they will work towards balancing this out as they add new content.
just remember that KI has alot of people to work on this stuff

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
OhMyFish on Dec 30, 2012 wrote:
Honestly, I don't understand why everyone keeps bringing up the whole "in real life pirates where male" card, considering this is a fictional game! Obviously, this is based off of piracy when it existed in real life, but that also occured hundreds of years ago, and this game is in the here in now, the twenty first century. Not to mention the fact that there were plenty of female pirates (it will take you five seconds to find some through google) and possibly more than are even now known, as women often dressed up as men to find equal rights. Considering about half of the players on this game are girls (in fact, I think I have actually seen more girls than guys so far) there should be more female companions, to reflect the fan base of the game. Of course, I don't expect twenty new female companions to show up tomorrow just because I said so, but it is something for KI to consider, because honestly, as a girl I feel the balance to be tilting pretty heavily towards boys right now as far as companions. We don't even know the time period of the game, but considering Prospector Zeke and a few other W101 characters have made appearances, we can assume the two are taking place in the same time period, and W101 is pretty equal genderwise in its plot and characters. So really, there is no reason for KI to favor more male companions over girls, as they do right now (by a pretty large margin, too). Girls are just asking for things to be a bit more equal, so guys, don't freak out at us again for wanting to have more options!

--Clever Miranda Vaughn lvl. 28
There are no companions in W101!

Ensign
Feb 18, 2010
Well I can see what your trying to say, and I have to say I am a little sad as well. And I am a boy. But i am sure when they come out with a new world they will have more girl companions. Now I am not a worker for Kingsisle but they will keep on trying to put more companions in the crown shop. Then again I do not know. I hope I helped a little with the problem. And happy pirating

Ensign
Feb 18, 2010
Yes! Come on! Girl companions! From a level 13