Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Oban Star Racers

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I don't know if you are familiar with this cartoon series, but I think some ship quests should be like that.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I don't know. I think that would be a weird concept to apply to this game.

The skylanes are fairly straight, and simple, making a race seem really boring. If you do race outside them skylanes, you'll have to avoid other ships and mobs. Meaning a lot of extra work would have to be done to ensure that we'd have no encounters.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
I've seen that anime, it's a really good series I have to admit, but incorporating it's racing components into this game would be tricky to do and honestly I don't see it happening for this game anytime soon, if at all.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I'm not so much talking about the racing component as much as I am referring to how every episode had different ship objectives for the players to figure out and complete. Ships are what a lot of players in the game like to play with but there aren't any ship quests other than traveling back and forth and doing ship combat which is always the same. The game needs ship quests and if the Pirate101 team can't figure out how to make any, then I suggest they watch Oban Star Racers for ideas and then come up with their own.

Ensign
Aug 01, 2010
i really don't think it would be a good idea to incorporate any sort of tv show or book into this game. ship racing would be good but should belong in pvp arena . But no one comment and say but they have copied stuff from pirate movie's and shows because it would actually be pirate myths and folklore. but bottom line is it should not happen. if we let this happen we might as well add a pirates vs aliens feature

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
seasnake on Nov 5, 2012 wrote:
I'm not so much talking about the racing component as much as I am referring to how every episode had different ship objectives for the players to figure out and complete. Ships are what a lot of players in the game like to play with but there aren't any ship quests other than traveling back and forth and doing ship combat which is always the same. The game needs ship quests and if the Pirate101 team can't figure out how to make any, then I suggest they watch Oban Star Racers for ideas and then come up with their own.
They already have a ship quest. You get it when you go into Private Dock after storming the Presido. It's a frigate ship.