Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Musketeer's starter companion, the crane

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
My mother told me that her companion, when it was promoted, learned Rouse.

I am jealous! I want my companions to learn Rouse, like every one of them. xD
I am a swashbuckler, and got the horse companion. Already promoted. But, of course did not learn Rouse lol. Possibly because it is not part of his class.

Now, my question is, if I purchase the crane from the crown shop, will that crane companion be able to learn Rouse?

I would just want to confirm this before I went out and actually bought a companion with crowns. Thanks guys. :)

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I suspect that for a Companion to even have the chance of learning Rouse that they must be a Musketeer. You are sure only if they already know Rouse. Not all Musketeer Companions get Rouse. Your best bet is to use your Practice Points to learn Rouse and buy Livesy's Ring in the Crown Shop which has Rouse attached. There may be some special drops that have Rouse attached also.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
I'm playing a musketeer right now, and my companion is going through the promotion quest, so I couldn't tell you if he gets Rouse or not. Many of the companions do not get Rouse when promoted. I know Kan Po (witch doctor companion) does get Rouse, so you might look at getting his crown version Keisuke. He's one of the best crown companions anyway, and the fact he has Rouse when promoted is just that much better!

Inky India Innsbrook
Musketeer L15
Nautical L12

Lazy Lenora Leech
Buccaneer L50
Nautical L50

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Well, see, that is just the thing.

I don't want to buy the crown version of the goat monk or the crane monk just YET, because I really don't know yet if they do learn Rouse upon promotion.

I am aware that not every one of the musketeer's companions learn Rouse, but the starting one does. Hence me asking if that crown companion counterpart would learn Rouse as well.

See, I don't really believe in buying companions, since they simply build up to your companion selection, and directly affect the game you play. But I would if I could walk around with companions on the top of my list that all knew Rouse. That is why I want to make 100% sure that it has been confirmed that the crown version of the goat monk and crane learn Rouse.

Developer
Shiningfantasia on Oct 28, 2012 wrote:
Well, see, that is just the thing.

I don't want to buy the crown version of the goat monk or the crane monk just YET, because I really don't know yet if they do learn Rouse upon promotion.

I am aware that not every one of the musketeer's companions learn Rouse, but the starting one does. Hence me asking if that crown companion counterpart would learn Rouse as well.

See, I don't really believe in buying companions, since they simply build up to your companion selection, and directly affect the game you play. But I would if I could walk around with companions on the top of my list that all knew Rouse. That is why I want to make 100% sure that it has been confirmed that the crown version of the goat monk and crane learn Rouse.
Wing Chun and Kan Po both learn Rouse-- and thus, so will their crown shoppe counterparts.

Hmm, I believe there's also a Buffalo Shaman that learns Rouse, and of course Nurse Quinn, Medicine Chicken.

Maybe a couple more.

You guys will have to get busy finding and sharing this information for yourselves-- don't expect me to give you all the spoilers!

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
My crane learned Rouse upon its second promotion, not its first.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Haha, Ratbeard, I was going to post that YES, Wing Chun (the crane) does get Rouse (finally did the promotion).

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Ratbeard on Oct 29, 2012 wrote:
Wing Chun and Kan Po both learn Rouse-- and thus, so will their crown shoppe counterparts.

Hmm, I believe there's also a Buffalo Shaman that learns Rouse, and of course Nurse Quinn, Medicine Chicken.

Maybe a couple more.

You guys will have to get busy finding and sharing this information for yourselves-- don't expect me to give you all the spoilers!
And so will their crown shoppe counterparts? You really helped me make my companion list just a tad more in my tastes.

Thank you Ratbeard. You just helped me make a decision that I could not have made otherwise.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Just my own personal choices, but if you are going to buy crown companions, I love Wagyu Sanjuro and the alternate of Kan Po.

But yes, I also love that these alternates get the same abilities as their counterparts. Makes the game that much more fun with lots of twists and turns.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Shiningfantasia on Nov 5, 2012 wrote:
And so will their crown shoppe counterparts? You really helped me make my companion list just a tad more in my tastes.

Thank you Ratbeard. You just helped me make a decision that I could not have made otherwise.
If you're looking for crown companions with Rouse (just an additional thought to expand the posts), look for companions that are Privateers.

The crown companions will promote sooner than in-game companions you obtain, and you don't have to worry about doing quests for their promotions (thank goodness!)

PS: Wing Chun gets Rouse in his FIRST promotion

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Yarr, I got both the Goat Monk, and the Crane. While I LOVE the Goat Monk (being swashbuckler and all) the privateer crane does not fall far behind. I love how he looks and fights.

Too bad you can only have a single first mate.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Shiningfantasia on Nov 6, 2012 wrote:
Yarr, I got both the Goat Monk, and the Crane. While I LOVE the Goat Monk (being swashbuckler and all) the privateer crane does not fall far behind. I love how he looks and fights.

Too bad you can only have a single first mate.
No kidding! I do like to switch first mates sometimes for a little variety. I was't sure about Wing Chun (crane companion) at first, but he does a great job, especially after his second promotion (although he needs a wardrobe consultant!)