Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The cat companion from the Boochbeard bundle.

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Question for any pirates that trained the cat past level 10 and beyond. Or any other pirate who knows.

Does the cat promote? It seems to me that compared to the other Swashbuckler companions (Sarah Steele and Milo Graytail) he falls a bit short in terms of epics and talents. I believe I may have trained each companion's talent twice now, but the cat only once.

I still love my cat, but I am just curious.

Ensign
Aug 01, 2009
yeah it get promoted every 20levels so 20 and 40 for you

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
My Pirate Cat is currently at L49. This companion has had only one upgrade. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or not. You are able to give him some additional talents (accuracy, dodge, etc), but so far, only one chance to give him an epic talent.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Oh, I see.

I am assuming then if you had purchased the Boochbeard bundle at level 11+ the cat companion would lose out on at least one promotion?

ex. level 12/13 cat companion gets promoted at level 32/33 (after first 20 levels) and then at 52/53 (another 20 levels later) which I do not think exists, since 50 is cap?

I am kind of glad then I got that cat companion at level 1.

Maybe something can be done so all players with the cat can always have the 2 promotions?

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
I tend to play the game a bit slower than some of my friends here, so my cat has only promoted once. I believe it was somewhere around level 20. He promotes by spending 2,000 gold, not by quest.

Happy sailing!

Ensign
Sep 23, 2012
QueQueg is right. The cat companion only gets one promotion (at level 20), which puts him behind other companions by at least one epic (at level 50, most of my companions have 2 or 3 more epics than the cat).

Developer
Shiningfantasia on Oct 25, 2012 wrote:
Oh, I see.

I am assuming then if you had purchased the Boochbeard bundle at level 11+ the cat companion would lose out on at least one promotion?

ex. level 12/13 cat companion gets promoted at level 32/33 (after first 20 levels) and then at 52/53 (another 20 levels later) which I do not think exists, since 50 is cap?

I am kind of glad then I got that cat companion at level 1.

Maybe something can be done so all players with the cat can always have the 2 promotions?
Have no fear, that's not how it works at all.

The promotions are unlocked when the companions pass a certain level, not when they accumulate a certain number of levels.

If a companion promotes at (for example) 20 and 40, and you add the companion out of the gate at 50th level, you'll be able to promote it twice. (You'll have to do them in order, of course, but they will both unlock.)

The Cat Pirate is currently set to promote once, at 20th level, but we will be adding additional promotions.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Thank you, Ratbeard, for explaining. I understand how this works now.