Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Where can I find a pet?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 17, 2011
Ok, I know that there have been a lot of questions about this, but I haven't found an answer that works for me.

Where do I find a pet? I know that I can pay crowns and real life money for one. What I really want to know is:
1. Do any bosses drop them? If so, where can I find the said boss?
2. Are there any current pet vendors? If so, where can I find the said vendor?

Thanks!

-Dark Amber

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I haven't seen any Pet drops yet (level 26 Privateer) and I haven't found any Pet vendors either. They do come with the big bundles (ie Boochbeard, Gandry [which I don't think is for sale anymore], and Cutthroat [sold at GameStops]). or you can buy them in the Crown Shop as you noted.

Hopefully, Pirate 101 will have Pet stores but, in my Wizard 101 experience, the best pets are in the Crown Shop or dropped in fights (which isn't happening right now).

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Buster Crab in Skull Island and Fin Dorsal in Gullet drop the Orchid Chameleon. Those are the earliest places to farm that I know of.

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
laulenak on Oct 21, 2012 wrote:
Ok, I know that there have been a lot of questions about this, but I haven't found an answer that works for me.

Where do I find a pet? I know that I can pay crowns and real life money for one. What I really want to know is:
1. Do any bosses drop them? If so, where can I find the said boss?
2. Are there any current pet vendors? If so, where can I find the said vendor?

Thanks!

-Dark Amber
There are a few bosses that drop pets. The tunnels in SI is a place to look and farm for early pet drops.

In beta there was a pet vendor on SI behind the Kraken Skull Tavern. As of the game going live that vendor is no longer there, however, I imagine KI will implement a pet vendor at some point again.

Developer
Most bosses have a small chance of dropping a pet.

There are a lot of good reasons to farm the bosses: rare gear, pets, and if nothing else, lots of gold.

Petty Officer
Nov 28, 2008
I have found the Cameleon on Buster Crab 2x so far doing farming for a different item. Buster is the boss on Skull Island.

Ensign
May 17, 2011
Thanks everyone, I just got the orchid chameleon from Fin with my friend Storm (Stormy Amber Dove). It is quite epic, except for the fact that in my backpack it has one name, in combat it has a different name, and as it follows me it has yet another name. If I rename it will this be fixed?

Thanks,

-Dark Amber Nightingale

Ensign
Feb 18, 2011
I'm pretty sure the only way to get pets is by paying real money,the crown shop,and bundles.Why?pets on pirate 101 are different then pets on wizard 101.not all pets help you in duels in wizard 101.every single pet in pirate 101 helps you sometimes in battles,,just like the chance of getting this or that companion in certain battles.

Ensign
Apr 15, 2010
You can get a Pet Lizard from doing that volcano dungeon or wt ever it is called or defeating Fin Dorsals friends in Jonah town ( inside of whale) i cant really say i'm lying because i already have 2 pet lizards!

Taylor Out - level 15 pirate Balance 76 wizard-

Ensign
Nov 24, 2012
Well I can say I've found at least two so far, the Lizard and an Armadillo. I love my armadillo she can roll herself up and roll around when I'm running.

Ensign
Nov 22, 2010
The Orchid Chameleon seems to be linked to the Rat Pack quest. I've picked it up several times with different characters in different places but always on that quest line. Don't buy a pet if you don't want to, there are ingame drops of pets.