Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Clarification for training points please!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 15, 2012
I'm wondering if it's limited to buy training tomes for your companion. I've read the guide it says "only 10x at any one time". Does it mean that I can only buy 10 tomes per tavern or is there a downtime then I can buy from that tavern again. Can anyone please clarify this for me! Thanks guys!

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I think what it is saying is that you can only buy training tomes if you have less than 10 available on your character.

I have purchased 1 point so far, I believe, and since then have not been able to "buy more than 10" since at that point I had more than 10 points available at all times.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
As you level up training tomes become more and more expensive. The 10 tome limit is to ensure players don't buy and hold onto tomes when they are cheap and then use them later. If you buy tomes up to your limit, and then use them you can buy more, its just that when you have 10 tomes on you that you can't purchase more. If you have 10 tomes and use 1, you can immediately buy another tome even if you had just bought 10 tomes.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Here's how it works:

If you have "0" training tomes, you can buy up to 10 from any tavern ... not from each tavern. Once you have accumulated or purchased 10 tomes, you will not be able to buy any more (but you can earn them through quests).

So, if I have 5 training tomes, I can only purchase 5 more to add up to 10.

Does that make sense?

Ensign
Jan 05, 2009
You can buy until you have 10 tombs in your queue. So you could buy 10, spend them all, then buy another 10, all within 10 mins at the same vendor.

If you buy 10 after spending them, any earned tombs will be added beyond the 10 (you just can't buy beyond 10 total).

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
From my experience, the only time you can buy Training Tomes is when you have less than 10 Training Points (doesn't matter how you got them). There does not seem to be a limit on the number of Tomes you can buy, just on your total number of Training Points. First example: your Pirate has 6 Training Points. He can buy a maximum of 4 Training Tomes. Second example: you Pirate has 11 Training Points, uses 3 Training Points, buys 2 Training Tomes (that brings him up to 10), use 3 more Training Points, and be able to buy 3 more Training Tomes.

The way I use Training Points is only when I can raise the Companion up at least 1 level or preferably 2. Otherwise, it becomes way too expensive since the cost of the Training Tomes goes up with your Pirate's level.