Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Denying a Companion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 10, 2010
I've been playing this game since head start and i'm definitively liking it so far but... I'm wondering, whats the point of actually saying "narrr" to a companion when you first get it? What actually happens when you do? I'm assuming it doesn't show up in your companion list, but whats the logic behind denying a companion?

Sincerely, Reed Capstan

Ensign
Oct 09, 2011
Im tempted to run a toon where I deny just about everybody except a main five. Wondering if that would infact make it easier to keep them all capped.

Just wondering.

Another way although a tad overboard but doable is to let the companions you do not want in battle remain in the afterlife (do not revive them at the life fountain.....I wish we could pick and choose who to revive there *wink*)

Ensign
Jun 12, 2008
Some companions are better than others. In Wizard101, one strategy to ensure you get the spells you want is to stack a smaller deck. In Pirate101, you can essentially do the same thing by denying companions, thereby ensuring you have a smaller crew and a greater chance of getting the ones you want to fight with.

Ensign
Jul 01, 2012
There's a narrrr option now? o.o Wow! That would be great!

Before (and last time I got a companion) it only gave you 'yarr' which I think translates to 'I'm coming with you even if you only think I'm fit to swab decks and I'll show up when you can least afford it' ;)

Ensign
Oct 09, 2011
Would be totally fun to pick and choose who gets to go into battle (epic fights are already like this so the hardest ones you can choose the crew.) I know some folks are saying that would defeat a major part of the challenge but it would also boost the fun level a great deal and as far as KI making money off crowns I would be willing to buy more companions if I could pick and choose.

Just saying...make it a member thing if need be etc..

Ensign
Apr 10, 2010
docangel on Oct 22, 2012 wrote:
Would be totally fun to pick and choose who gets to go into battle (epic fights are already like this so the hardest ones you can choose the crew.) I know some folks are saying that would defeat a major part of the challenge but it would also boost the fun level a great deal and as far as KI making money off crowns I would be willing to buy more companions if I could pick and choose.

Just saying...make it a member thing if need be etc..
I kind of agree with you. I think it would be interesting to see if you could chose a companion for every battle not just epic battles. I hate it when I get stuck with one of my weaker companions .

Reed Capstan

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
Loeden on Oct 21, 2012 wrote:

Before (and last time I got a companion) it only gave you 'yarr' which I think translates to 'I'm coming with you even if you only think I'm fit to swab decks and I'll show up when you can least afford it' ;)
I am not given a narrr option, but companions should add to the game not make the game worse and we need to be able to drop the ones we don't want to have.

Ensign
Feb 05, 2011
Some Randomness is appreciated but the level of it is too much :), either swap out card abilities or some way/skills of lining up who joins would be very appreciated.

Maybe ways of raising the percentages on some people and lowering it on others, still keeping things a bit random but not as much.

Ensign
Jul 19, 2010
Loeden on Oct 21, 2012 wrote:

Loeden you made me laugh on this one