Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate Parodies

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
If you look and listen carefully, one might notice that Kingsisle has come with many parodies throughout the course of the game. There are many, so only list one...
Probably the most noticeable and hilarious is the parody about El Toro. To all of those who have seen the movies, I'm pretty sure that it's obvious that El Toro is a complete copy of Zorro. The sign of Zorro looks completely similar to the sign of El Toro, except for the fact that Zorro's sign is a Z, not a T. Even El Toro uses the rose trick that is so famously used by Zorro, and both are masked, and use a sword and a whip. I even searched what "El Toro" means in Spanish, and it meant "the bull". I think it's kinda ironic how El Toro can disguise as a mustang, a snake, a chicken, and a squid, and nobody thinks twice about it being El Toro because he's wearing a mask. I think El Toro is a hilarious parody, and I encourage others to post there favorite Pirate101 parodies as a comment...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Captain Blaze Hunt... on Nov 15, 2015 wrote:
If you look and listen carefully, one might notice that Kingsisle has come with many parodies throughout the course of the game. There are many, so only list one...
Probably the most noticeable and hilarious is the parody about El Toro. To all of those who have seen the movies, I'm pretty sure that it's obvious that El Toro is a complete copy of Zorro. The sign of Zorro looks completely similar to the sign of El Toro, except for the fact that Zorro's sign is a Z, not a T. Even El Toro uses the rose trick that is so famously used by Zorro, and both are masked, and use a sword and a whip. I even searched what "El Toro" means in Spanish, and it meant "the bull". I think it's kinda ironic how El Toro can disguise as a mustang, a snake, a chicken, and a squid, and nobody thinks twice about it being El Toro because he's wearing a mask. I think El Toro is a hilarious parody, and I encourage others to post there favorite Pirate101 parodies as a comment...
Eagiles ( as Achiles ) has an Arnold Shwartzeneger ( ugh spelling! ) accent. I laughed all the way through "The Ode of Bright Eagiles".

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I would have to say that one of my favorite and funniest moments playing P101 happened early on in my pirate's Spiral journeys. It was one of the very first times while playing that I truly laughed out loud and it all centered around a cute little monkey's dialogue.

I couldn't help but crack up when my pirate first came across the Marquis Mark and the Funky Bunch line of quests, from Prospector Zeke. That reference alone and the bringing back of wonderful memories of my high school days and pretty bad music, was by itself enough to get me hooked on the game. Then when Marquis Mark said, "Well it was great to meet you. Say hi to your mother for me, okay?", I pretty much choked on whatever I was eating at the time-- yeah, one of those laughs you just can't contain. I laughed so hard when I first saw the sketch on SNL, that initially parodied Mark Wahlberg (aka, Marky Mark) and when Marquis Mark parodied the parody in P101, I completely lost it.

It was at that moment that I thought, 'Ok, we've got a one of a kind game here...and nothing is off limits! I'm in....'

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I think I laughed the most with our pirates met the Sirens. Hearing the muffled voices and Bonnie Anne and Ratbeard kept saying "WHAT?" would send me into spasms of loud laughter each time. Now, mind you, this was at about 3 O'Clock in the morning. I think I must have woke up the neighbors!

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
anecorbie on Nov 16, 2015 wrote:
Eagiles ( as Achiles ) has an Arnold Shwartzeneger ( ugh spelling! ) accent. I laughed all the way through "The Ode of Bright Eagiles".
It's not a RUMOR !!!!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Oran from Urz on Nov 18, 2015 wrote:
It's not a RUMOR !!!!
Lol...if only Eagilles had your pirate round up some 'groceries' for the banquet & Triumphal Feast part...and before the song.

Then we could have heard him belt out, "Get to it, SHOPPER!!"

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
Hey guys. Here are some more:

• The Frogfather (The Godfather)
  • Puerto Mico (Puerto Rico)
  • Captain Ratbeard (Captain Blackbeard)
Also, another hilarious parody is in one of the caves of Monquista. This is the one when you try to get the monkey arm staff thing, and the booby-traps look the exact same as the obstacles in Indiana Jones #3! There's the walk of faith when Indy has to trust walk across a thin slab of rock (and under hi a 400 ft. drop). Also, you have to choose what is the real monkey hand staff thing, just like Indiana Jones chose which goblet was the holy grail. Keep it up guys!

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
So many parodies, so wee little time.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Captain Blaze Hunt... on Nov 15, 2015 wrote:
When I first played through Monquista this went right over my head. However, as I went back through the Puppet Shows, the Monkey's Paw one made me chuckle and gave me a moment of "oooohhh of course!" when the one monkey used a wish and became Donkey Hotay. He was driven mad by his transformation. He's based off of Don Quixote from Don Quixote de la Mancha, a book by Miguel de Cervantes. Don Quixote was a rather delusional man who thought he was a living a life of adventure while he was really just making a mess of the local area. He takes Sancho Panza as his "squire". I still need to read it as I hear it's rather funny.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
More from Cool Ranch...

Wyatt Chirp - Wyatt Earp

Calamity Jane Canary - Calamity Jane

Wild Bill Peacock - Wild Bill Hickok

Billy the Kid - itself

Buffalo Bill - itself

Bat Masterson - itself