Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Advice on starting as a Buccaneer

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 03, 2009
As my fourth run on this game I would like some advice as a Buccaneer.

So what are some good pet powers and talents for a Buccaneer, good gear, outside school skills, etc.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
Grants Relentless & Grants Backstab are good for the pet, as 2 main ones.

Getting the drops from the Dutchman, the Prawn Master, and the Dinosaur that grant weapon power, critical chance, sneak attack, rouse and mighty charge are very useful as well early on. Beyond that the stuff from the auction how should be good early game. I recommend picking the squid as the way your parent's died, and grizzleheim or marleybone as the place you were raised.

Petty Officer
Sep 03, 2009
I think I still need advice because I seem to get defeated easily in most battles.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Here is a few tips to start as a Buccaneer, buy a good gear that grants a lot of strength,armor and health. Usually I buy them in the Bazaar, with the class logo on the screen. That means it's an exclusive class,witch is in my opinion a better stat giving gear than standard gears. However they are rear and cost more gold.

I would either choose raised in Grizzleheim or raised in Moo Shu, for additional stats or improve it's low stats. Born though for a more defense built. Born warrior to boost the low speed like a speedy,warrior. I would not recommend the raised in Krokotopia, in my opinon that's for some privateers and almost for all witchdoctors.
However it's your character, choose as you please.

Secondary school skills, May I recommend some healing powers from the privateer class, walk in wind and the claw if wanted from the musketeer and most of the swashbuckler class skill class.Don't forget the melee hidden trainer for relentless and/or flanking skills.

For pets usually Buccaneer carries a pet shark like the thrasher shark from the crown shop and if you can afford the apex shark from the Pvp arena, ( say hi to the arena master when you enter. )Other pets works well also, don't forget to spar with Decuis to make them stronger in battles.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
zachshock on Sep 26, 2015 wrote:
As my fourth run on this game I would like some advice as a Buccaneer.

So what are some good pet powers and talents for a Buccaneer, good gear, outside school skills, etc.
Gear- Get class exclusive gear from the Bazaar. Since it exists now, might as well take advantage of it.

Outside Epics- Heals from privateer as a necessity, but I think Revive is the most one needs.
I'd also try and get Sneak Attack and maybe Walk in Shadows from, though WiS is a personal choice.
Definitely relentless now that it's available. Even my Swashbuckler has relentless.
I might try to go for JuJu from Witchdoctor, though you're better off getting that from gear. Boots of Victory provide 7 strength and 3 dodge on top of JuJu as level 10 boots. You can get them from Aldo, Mogatu, or Ordaz.

Since this is your 4th pirate, you might want to put Buccaneer gear from your other pirates into the shared bank. That's what I've been doing anyway.

Anyways, hope this helps!

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65